Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 19, 2012 2:25 PM

Sep 2011
So, what is your opinions on the protagonist named Shu? I like Dislike and Like for now I will add more opinions if you suggest
GodlyKyonFeb 20, 2012 3:57 PM
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 19, 2012 2:44 PM

Apr 2008
I like him. Not enough to make him my favorite of course but there is potential in him. That and in terms of being the underdog he is about as under as you can get. Unfairly so.
Feb 19, 2012 2:48 PM

Jul 2011
yea i like him, he was a weakling but he was fighting with all he had and became better as a character, he turned out to be the most interesting character in guilty crown to me
Feb 19, 2012 2:50 PM
Feb 2012
I definitely like him -- always did -- and can't wait for him to get back on his feet. Four days left until we get some answers and great moments.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 19, 2012 2:52 PM

Apr 2009
considering everything he went through it's amazing that he is still sane (well there were some alarming sings recently)
I mean first as a child his sis want to rape him then she goes of with her mini Armageddon that would be enough to land most people in nuthouse. And then joining terrorist organization all things he witness and does he should be by now total psycho, most people would be :)
Feb 19, 2012 3:00 PM

Apr 2008
unorfind said:
considering everything he went through it's amazing that he is still sane (well there were some alarming sings recently)
I mean first as a child his sis want to rape him then she goes of with her mini Armageddon that would be enough to land most people in nuthouse. And then joining terrorist organization all things he witness and does he should be by now total psycho, most people would be :)

Add all of the betrayals like with Inori and Yahiro and now this. Yep it's a miracle he's still sane.
Feb 19, 2012 3:01 PM

Oct 2011
Arugo said:
What the hell happend to you?! We really liked that "Pale faced weakling stuggling with all his might" thing you had going!

I agree Arugo :(
Feb 19, 2012 3:05 PM

Apr 2008
People died. More people put all of the responsiblity of leadership and their lives on his shoulders selfishly.
Feb 19, 2012 3:10 PM

Oct 2011
Btw whats the name of the OST that plays when Arugo challenges Shu?
Feb 19, 2012 3:11 PM

Nov 2011
Overal, I like Shu.

I wish he was given better opportunities to develop as a Character. Unfortunately, the creators of GC wanted to make him the Shinji Ikari of this generation, which is not a good thing. To this day, I can't bring myself to liking Shinji, actually none of the NGE characters were that likable. But I do like Shu. Given all that he's been through, it's a miracle he is still sane.

One of the reasons I like him is that he's motivated by a desire to help and protect others. This hasn't changed from the first episode. When Shu does go to confront Keido and Gai, it'll be to save people, stopping the spread of the Apocalypse Virus. Not to reclaim any sort of Position or Power.
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Feb 19, 2012 3:13 PM

Apr 2008
dczzz said:

hold on let me check.

Edit: it's a part of track 3
Darklight0303Feb 19, 2012 3:24 PM
Feb 19, 2012 3:26 PM

Sep 2011
dczzz said:
Arugo said:
What the hell happend to you?! We really liked that "Pale faced weakling stuggling with all his might" thing you had going!

ehh... Maybe you did, but I can see by the amount of people that were calling him a "pussy" and the fact Shinji Ikari was so hated. Me and many others did not
Feb 19, 2012 3:36 PM

Oct 2011
Darklight0303 said:
dczzz said:

hold on let me check.

Edit: it's a part of track 3

Thanks it sounds amazing *_*
Feb 19, 2012 3:42 PM

Apr 2008
No prob o/ *is a bit of an OST connoisseur *
Feb 19, 2012 3:52 PM

Oct 2011
GodlyKyon said:
dczzz said:
Arugo said:

ehh... Maybe you did, but I can see by the amount of people that were calling him a "pussy" and the fact Shinji Ikari was so hated. Me and many others did not

I didn't like when he was a coward but when he was "struggling" to be brave, thats when he was awesome and it showed his character progression. Like when he gathered Hare, Arisa, Yahiro, and Souta together and told them the truth about the voids then begged for thier help to save Inori and Gai.

I also liked the brief momments when Shu and Gai were acting like true partners like durring the cruise ship episode.
Feb 19, 2012 3:55 PM

Apr 2008
You know I realized something. Mana chose Shu as her Adam" before he got the power of the king. Which could be taken to mean that there is yet another secret inside of him. That secret might be connected to how he gets the new arm.
Feb 19, 2012 11:19 PM

Oct 2010
Since last episode I have taken back all the shit whatever it is of Shu and Inori. I have repented anything against Shu/Inori and have come clean.

My reason for liking him is that he is as innocent as one can get in being dragged into this while at the most trying to survive more so after episode 12.

It really was not apparent but it hit me hard since current episode and Hare's death.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 19, 2012 11:57 PM
Feb 2012
I liked him while he was a Tyrant.
Feb 20, 2012 12:11 AM

Jul 2009
The Episode 17 discussion had over 9000 comments about this, so good job at creating this thread.

Even if he acted as a tyrant, he saved most of the students, so at the moment my vote is "I like him"
I wanna see how is he going to turn the current scenario.. how the Beta Shu is gonna revert this possible game over for Inori and him.

P.D : I just want Arisa's ass to be kicked, hate that girl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2012 12:19 AM

Apr 2010
Compared to the other characters...
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Feb 20, 2012 1:38 AM

Dec 2010
Shu is a likable character. Though like any good character, he has those moments where you just want to punch him. Of course, these moments don't seem intentional...

KyonSmith said:

P.D : I just want Arisa's ass to be kicked, hate that girl.

Finally, someone agrees with me. Just so you know? I hate Sheryl Nome too, on top of Arisa. They're both bitches with the voice of an angel.
Feb 20, 2012 2:54 AM

Dec 2011
I actually really like Shu even from the start, hes so innocent that he was dragged into all of this.
So many people betrayed him i feel so gutted for him :_(

Overall, probably my fave character in Guilty Crown ^^
Feb 20, 2012 3:04 AM

Dec 2008
I liked him.
Otherwise he's just a too wimpy, idiotic main character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2012 3:09 AM

Nov 2011
Honestly I didn't like him that much at all until around episode 15 and on.
Before I just felt he was kind of a coward(especially in the beginning) and just had no confidence or composure in himself really unless motivated by a friend or someone.
Now. . . He's more tolerable as he sees things more realistically, plans things out and has more confidence. It's still only been a few episodes though so we'll see how this plays out considering right now Shu is just in one huge mess.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 20, 2012 3:12 AM
Jul 2018
I started to like him when his character started to develop but when he went to hiss pussy mode I started to dislike him again, when he became retarded hitler wannabe I hated him the most.
But now I pity him somehow :(
Feb 20, 2012 4:31 AM

Dec 2008
hmm.. at first few episode i didnt hate him. but i also didnt like him too much.
but after watching him through this series (until ep 17)
i starting to like him..

he is kind and realistic.
maybe many people call him coward. but if i put in his situation ( average boy suddenly dragged in insanity=>> join in terrorist organization, fight with giant mecha, going into war. yeah maybe he got some amazing power, but, that power really can't change courage instantly), i will act like him too...

and about he being kind (like hare said)
he betrayed 2 times, by inori and yahiro (i didnt count recent betrayal because of i didnt see yet his action after this betrayal), but still can trust them right? shu didnt hate yahiro, maybe at first he hate him, but later, he forgive him anyway, though in ep 17 he still didnt really trust yahiro, if he not kind, he absolutly didnt give yahiro chance to become his right hand....
and, even when he play his tyrant king, still it;s for safety of the other student..
his action always have a reason to safe somebody

Feb 20, 2012 9:21 AM

Aug 2010
I can't say that I would do any better put in his situation. I know I might have said otherwise but I came to my senses and realized that I might have acted as a tyrant too if I was in his situation. I like the dude.
Feb 20, 2012 9:46 AM

Sep 2011
More people like him then not! I am quite glad this is the case
Feb 20, 2012 9:57 AM

Apr 2008
Indeed this thread is turning out great~
Feb 20, 2012 9:59 AM

Sep 2010
I don't like him I love him. Only a handful of characters are actually good in this series.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 20, 2012 10:22 AM

Jul 2011
GodlyKyon, I think you should add a third option. Due to the terrible writing and characterization, I don´t know what to think about him anymore. However,
Salinga said:
Compared to the other characters...

Since he´s still the easiest one to associate with...¯_(¯ _¯ )_/¯
Karura_JiinsaruFeb 20, 2012 10:27 AM
Feb 20, 2012 10:23 AM
Jun 2011
where is the option that says "meh, who cares"?
Feb 20, 2012 10:52 AM

Sep 2011
I will add that option, what options do you want me to add Karura?
Feb 20, 2012 10:54 AM

Sep 2011
Option added, any more suggestions are welcome
Feb 20, 2012 1:26 PM

Jul 2011
if you want, you can have more specific options such as:

- I love him!
-I hate him!
-he's not bad

im in the "i like him" option but there are others mainly fan-girls who love him, or haters who hate him completely
Feb 20, 2012 1:58 PM

Jul 2011
I'm not really sure on my feelings for Shu as a person.

But I'm 100 Percent sure that I pity him. I pity him so, so much.
Feb 20, 2012 3:10 PM

Jul 2009
Add this option : If he takes revenge on Arisa Kuhouin, i will totally like him
Feb 20, 2012 3:56 PM

Sep 2011
Not too sure about that but I will try :p
Feb 20, 2012 4:22 PM

Jul 2009
It's a shame i cannot vote for the Arisa option because i already voted for "I like him" =/
Feb 20, 2012 4:33 PM

Jul 2011
LMAO i wanna change my option and go for the arisa one just because its funny xD
Feb 21, 2012 4:51 AM
Aug 2011
I don't get swayed back and forth each episode. I usually wait to see how things play out. One mistake or one might move are not enough to judge a person as a whole. Beings are more complicated than that.

Though I will say there isn't much to like about Shu. I won't have any idea how I feel honestly till it all plays out.
Feb 21, 2012 5:50 AM
Apr 2009
currently I like him as a character and believe he'll be interesting in the upcoming episodes. Losing his army may give him a new outlook on life, hopefully not in a negative way at this point...
Feb 21, 2012 8:21 AM

Apr 2008
Kyon5 said:
currently I like him as a character and believe he'll be interesting in the upcoming episodes. Losing his army may give him a new outlook on life, hopefully not in a negative way at this point...

Honestly he'd have every right to have it negative after all the shit that happened to him.
Feb 21, 2012 8:43 AM
Dec 2009
I didn't find his character appealing at all until I think the second episode. At the end of the episode, he chose to go home to his normal ordinary life. This decision really surprised me at the moment because I thought the anime was over for a second, of course that surprise was short lived when Inori came in as the transfer student.

But to add to the points of those who were supporting Shu, he didn't ask for this, when he had to make a decision about whether to fight as a terrorist or to go back to his normal life. He chose to stay normal. Only after his mind was "poisoned" by the moe swooning of Inori (as ordered by Gai), did he then choose to join the Undertakers and then the shit really hit the fan.

IMO he did the best he could for his situation - being as brave as an antisocial highschooler can be anyway. Although not always emotionally stable and making the most insightful decisions, his moral dilemmas and choices seemed very real to me.

Hoping he turns total badass soon with his new arm
Feb 21, 2012 3:44 PM

Nov 2011
KingOfNoodles said:
I didn't find his character appealing at all until I think the second episode. At the end of the episode, he chose to go home to his normal ordinary life. This decision really surprised me at the moment because I thought the anime was over for a second, of course that surprise was short lived when Inori came in as the transfer student.

But to add to the points of those who were supporting Shu, he didn't ask for this, when he had to make a decision about whether to fight as a terrorist or to go back to his normal life. He chose to stay normal. Only after his mind was "poisoned" by the moe swooning of Inori (as ordered by Gai), did he then choose to join the Undertakers and then the shit really hit the fan.

IMO he did the best he could for his situation - being as brave as an antisocial highschooler can be anyway. Although not always emotionally stable and making the most insightful decisions, his moral dilemmas and choices seemed very real to me.

I agree about Shu refusing to join Funeral Parlour at the end of Episode 2, being one of the things that is likeable about him. TV tropes put it something like this: While Funeral Parlour members are Cool, Shu isn't and he's Okay with that.

When Shu initially joined Funeral Parlour, it was because Gai had left him with no choice but to join. It wasn't just Inori, but his arrest, the escape and Segai pressuring him to be a double agent, a spy with in Funeral Parlour. Shu had no where else to go, but with Gai and join Funeral Parlour. I found it Ironic when Inori talked about all the things that Gai gave her, when she and Gai had taken all of those things away from Shu.

Despite all that has happened to Shu, all the crap that has been heaped upon him. Shu remains a nice guy. A likable guy. Although, I am looking forward to Shu going Bad-ass against Gai and Keido.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Feb 21, 2012 4:28 PM

Sep 2011
Articman said:
KingOfNoodles said:

I agree about Shu refusing to join Funeral Parlour at the end of Episode 2, being one of the things that is likeable about him. TV tropes put it something like this: While Funeral Parlour members are Cool, Shu isn't and he's Okay with that.

When Shu initially joined Funeral Parlour, it was because Gai had left him with no choice but to join. It wasn't just Inori, but his arrest, the escape and Segai pressuring him to be a double agent, a spy with in Funeral Parlour. Shu had no where else to go, but with Gai and join Funeral Parlour. I found it Ironic when Inori talked about all the things that Gai gave her, when she and Gai had taken all of those things away from Shu.

Despite all that has happened to Shu, all the crap that has been heaped upon him. Shu remains a nice guy. A likable guy. Although, I am looking forward to Shu going Bad-ass against Gai and Keido.

I hated the fact that he was so infatuated with Inori that even after her admitting she had played with his heart, he still liked her, WTF! I would've shifted the focus to Ayase at that moment.
Feb 21, 2012 5:05 PM

Nov 2011
GodlyKyon said:

I hated the fact that he was so infatuated with Inori that even after her admitting she had played with his heart, he still liked her, WTF! I would've shifted the focus to Ayase at that moment.

I think that this would have happened if Shu had been given the chance. That he and Ayase would have become closer and then eventually a couple. But things rushed into the events of episode 6 and Inori's betrayal was glossed over and forgotten. Still, we get to see hints of a Shu Ayase pairing in episode 13 thru now.

Feb 21, 2012 5:13 PM

Sep 2011
Articman said:
GodlyKyon said:

I think that this would have happened if Shu had been given the chance. That he and Ayase would have become closer and then eventually a couple. But things rushed into the events of episode 6 and Inori's betrayal was glossed over and forgotten. Still, we get to see hints of a Shu Ayase pairing in episode 13 thru now.

This kind of relationship is like... As much as I hate to compare to Code Geass, Kallen and Lelouch, except I like this one better
Feb 21, 2012 5:13 PM

Sep 2011
In other words, Inori and Shu are a forced couple
Feb 21, 2012 5:31 PM

Nov 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Articman said:
GodlyKyon said:

This kind of relationship is like... As much as I hate to compare to Code Geass, Kallen and Lelouch, except I like this one better

I thought that the Kallen/Lelouch pairing was more forced then anything else. They are still trying to pair Shu with Inori, even after the reveal, that Inori is a clone of his sister Mana. Which is still more then a little EWWWWWWWW. Unless it is revealed that Shu and Mana are not biological siblings. I'll never suppport this pairing.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.