Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 1, 2011 9:17 AM

Sep 2008
Discussion thread for Hunter x Hunter (2011).

Viewers:
Batmanfreak
Turbe
(Others)

One ep a week.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 2, 2011 4:26 PM

Sep 2008
So #1 was released:

Pretty much its better graphics. They had the same start between the original and the manga. They did leave a few points but they could still be used as a flashback point.

Personally all I see from this series is to renew hope for HxH and provide it with better graphics. While stating this I do believe this is more of PR then anything. Since Yoshihiro Togashi pretty much released maybe 40 chapters within 4 years its really hurt the series. I don't really see a point to this new adaption if its going to be exectally the same as the original and the manga. I have to hope it will differ a great deal and renew my <3 for HxH even though I could never drop this series.

With all that being said I will still enjoy watching HxH again in HD. It will also make me reread the manga for the 9th time again.

I'll try to keep the differences out of these posting but I might include them. I can say that the original anime and the manga were totally in sync in both their development points and text. This new adaption has some missing elements which does throw some thoughts out but its still fully there.

Here is to another glorious round of HxH. Cheers!
Oct 14, 2011 1:24 PM

Jul 2008
HxH is one of the greatst shonen out there side by side with one pice

i love the orginal and i recomandet evry time

and these one make the greatnes on HD with same updates
Oct 16, 2011 10:27 PM

Mar 2008
Finished episode 2. It was good. Still what I remember the other shows plot was, it is a little quicker though. I hope it isn't exactly the same and they add some different stuff later on.
Oct 22, 2011 10:20 PM

Sep 2008
Batmanfreak said:
Finished episode 2. It was good. Still what I remember the other shows plot was, it is a little quicker though. I hope it isn't exactly the same and they add some different stuff later on.

It will be exectally the same as the original anime and the manga.

The only differences will be small parts will be cut out. If you really want to make an analogy I would say this series is the Dragon Ball Kai of Dragon Ball Z series, except the original didn't have any fillers itself its just cutting out very small parts that helped propel the character development.

#4:

Still making progress but I keep noticing the small parts that are removed since I've watched and reread this entire series so many times...
Oct 24, 2011 11:23 PM

Mar 2008
Finished episode 3. It was pretty good, just like before. I don't remember what has been cut exactly, but it is going quicker than before. If it is going to be exactly the same, hopefully it will go farther in the story than they did before.
Oct 28, 2011 6:19 PM

Sep 2008
Batmanfreak said:
Finished episode 3. It was pretty good, just like before. I don't remember what has been cut exactly, but it is going quicker than before. If it is going to be exactly the same, hopefully it will go farther in the story than they did before.

This could possibly happen. The last OVA was greed island and the arc afterward was the Ant ark which just finished.

#5:

Finally some differences. Ive noticed 5 different ones and I am happy and yet sad.

Glad they finally threw in something new, the frog-in-waiting, and extended the time for those turtles but they completely changed the meaning for hisoka in the beginning.

Hisoka is playing as a judge/examiner but they didn't show it to begin with. They had others attack him because they thought he was dangerous even though in the original he is crazy and wants to kill people. I don't mind this change personally but it did almost give Hisoka a positive light. They kinda stretched the reasoning why Hisoka likes Gon, it should be his ability, personality, stance, and his looks....

They did close it by explaining Hisoka instead of trying to use his actions but still felt weak in the beginning and misconstrued.

Its still moving along greatly and I do enjoy it. Hopefully they continue to make changes that improves the series instead of keeping it totally original. I don't mind 'fillers' as long as it seems like it adds to the overall plot and is interesting. One Piece is a good example of this.
TurbeOct 29, 2011 8:58 PM
Dec 13, 2011 8:13 PM

Sep 2008
at #11:

Still progressing just like the original. It seems like they are cutting out certain parts and then somewhat extending other scenes slightly to draw it out.

I'm still happy its reairing but not needed at all.
Sep 26, 2014 9:20 AM

Jun 2008
The show has ended! I should give it a shot someday...

Do we live to watch Anime, or watch Anime to live?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Show Topic: Guilty Crown

Bluestreak2 - Oct 22, 2011

15 by Turbe »»
Oct 16, 2012 4:00 PM

» Show Topic: Fate/Zero

Bluestreak2 - Sep 30, 2011

18 by Bluestreak2 »»
Jul 6, 2012 10:39 PM

» Show Topic: Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam

Batmanfreak - Oct 16, 2011

4 by Turbe »»
Nov 11, 2011 8:07 PM

» Show Topic: Mirai Nikki.

Batmanfreak - Oct 16, 2011

6 by xMatronxMalicex »»
Nov 8, 2011 3:49 PM

» Show Topic: Usagi Drop

Batmanfreak - Jul 22, 2011

20 by Batmanfreak »»
Sep 26, 2011 9:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.