Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 29, 2011 5:16 PM

Feb 2008
Well with the new xbox I FINALLY have gotten I think I wanna get more involved with the club~ I think its my duty as an Admin to set up things like game night. Improve the club a bit since we did promise community play dates. Tell me what you guys think. I think it would be nice to play games like CoD with my fellow MAL members~
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 29, 2011 5:52 PM

Jun 2010
Well, I would like to expand it beyond games like just CoD and Halo, if possible. I know those are some of the most popular games right now and most likely the ones everyone will own, so I can understand them being a first choice in this matter. I suggest before we schedule game nights, we figure out which games we will play first.

I for one would love to play Halo with friends (that's about the only way TO play it without getting bored these days), but I also really want to see if we can play TF2 orange box or Gears of War 2 (soon 3). Music games are also great.
Aug 29, 2011 6:34 PM

Feb 2008
Ah yes, I understand that. I merely set CoD as an example~ I do want the sphere of games to be rather varied. So I'm sure we can set up Halo matches as well as up coming games like Gears 3, BD3, MW3, ect. However setting them up and executing them is different. It would be helpful if other people took up hosting games since I myself only have CoD games and Catherine. Game Hosts for the games that people wanna play during game nights. Like sorta having someone or a few people incharge of certain games. What do you think?
Aug 29, 2011 6:37 PM
Sep 2009
I'd be down for Black ops. I haven't tried multiplayer on catherine yet, but how does that work?
Aug 29, 2011 6:43 PM

Feb 2008
Not really sure. But this could be a perfect excuse to play the multiplayer~
Aug 29, 2011 7:02 PM

Aug 2011
In the multiplayer you compete to reach the top before the other player. You have to place the boxes to fuck up each others paths while securing your own.
Aug 29, 2011 7:07 PM

Jun 2010
I'd be up for Halo. I'd also be willing to play Gears, but don't expect me to be any good at it.

I'm not looking at my games list, so I don't remember what other multiplayer games I have off the top of my head.
Aug 29, 2011 7:07 PM

Jun 2009
The DDR Universe Series is Actually pretty cheap (1&2 $4.99, 3 $7.99) and It's up to 4 Players so We can Play That for our Community Game Night,

I we're Doing FPS Though, You can get a Copy of Perfect Dark Zero at Gamestop for $1.99, Its a Great Game Especially if Your a fan of Games like The 007 Series

Also 007 Quantom of Solace is on sale at Toys are us for $10 (well at my TRU not sutre about the others) so theres another suggestion.
Hiding Away in the Memory of a Better Day
Aug 30, 2011 4:43 PM
Sep 2009
LaLaLaidarR said:
In the multiplayer you compete to reach the top before the other player. You have to place the boxes to fuck up each others paths while securing your own.

Isn't Catherine multiplayer only local?
Aug 30, 2011 5:02 PM

Jun 2010
I would be happy to host Halo matches and TF2 matches, but the main problem is that my xbox LIVE isn't gold at the moment... waiting for Gears 3 to restore it. Reason I'd like to host halo is that I am one of those few who is an excellent map maker, and I have quite a few great custom map spaces. Halo is also one of the few multiplayer games I own.

By Halo I'm assuming the most recent one, Halo Reach, but I own all of the Halo games to date.

I confess, I suck at Gears compared to most people, but I am good at horde.
Aug 30, 2011 6:33 PM

May 2008
Good stuff Mad been meaning to visit here more than i have been but you know how things get sometimes. :(
Glad you stepped up I just haven't had the time I would be interested In this idea as well got most games so just hit me up. :) peace
Aug 31, 2011 11:22 AM

Dec 2009
Recently ive been on the Playfire forums so ive been completely forgot about this site, but now that im back im up for a game night.

Aug 31, 2011 2:05 PM

Aug 2011
My xbl ran out this week, I'd play BO or Halo.. but wouldn't timezones be an issue?
Aug 31, 2011 2:31 PM

Jun 2010
annamang said:
My xbl ran out this week, I'd play BO or Halo.. but wouldn't timezones be an issue?

Yeah we would have to figure out scheduling. Most likely the game nights will be held on Saturdays or Sundays, because as far as I know those are the universal weekly holidays for most people... assuming most of you do not work or have school those days.
Aug 31, 2011 3:07 PM

Jun 2009
shin0bZer0 said:
Recently ive been on the Playfire forums so ive been completely forgot about this site, but now that im back im up for a game night.

Your On playfire? whats your User Name?

Zeream said:
annamang said:

yeah I think saturday would be best.

there are forums Online where people give out 2 day Trial Codes for Gold so I think we should all look around for those if there are any of us who dont have Gold.
mattskellAug 31, 2011 3:11 PM
Aug 31, 2011 3:09 PM

Aug 2011
It's also cheaper to buy gold accounts on ebay, such a rip irl. :\
Sep 2, 2011 10:10 PM

Dec 2009
mattskell said:

Your On playfire? whats your User Name?

Same as this one. shin0bZer0

Sep 6, 2011 6:39 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah, I'm currently working on the game nights template. Gonna be a while till its finished since I am begging my school year now. I'll take all suggestions made into mind. Anymore will be helpful.
Sep 6, 2011 7:59 PM

Jun 2010
I'm open all Saturdays and Sundays. Weekdays are reserved for schooling and various anime and video game shenanigans.
Sep 6, 2011 9:27 PM

Mar 2010
What about Battlefield 3 and Dead Island.
Well, I'm not entirely sure about Dead Island since it's 4 Player Co-Op and it isn't really competitive, but it seems fun and I'm only mentioning it since I don't have anyone else to play it with online. d:
So I figure that we should at least put it down as a suggestion.
Also, I'm free to play online Mon, Wed, Fri, and the weekend. It'd be fun to party up and play some Cod, halo, or the upcoming Gears 3 with you guys. :D
Sep 7, 2011 9:59 PM
Sep 2008
For those of you who frequent doujinstyle or can see the profile, here's my profile. Click the spoiler for BlazBlue Continuum Shift info.

http://doujinstyle.com/forum/index.php?/user/55474-violent-incantation/

Only other thing I'm up for would be Halo Reach.

That's right. Fuck Black Ops~
nuggerSep 7, 2011 10:07 PM
Sep 11, 2011 6:50 PM

Jun 2009
Theres also The Project Gothem Racing Series, There all pretty cheap now, Plus there up to 6 people Online I believe
Sep 12, 2011 7:51 PM

Jun 2010
Lets avoid purchasing games for the sake of this club, and go more with what the members already likely own. It will make things easier and faster that way. So the way I am seeing it so far is that most of us have either CoD or Reach, so we can split game nights between those two for now, until other games come along.
Sep 13, 2011 2:28 AM
Sep 2008
I'm only up for Reach. CoD is like AIDS.
Sep 13, 2011 3:10 AM

Sep 2011
I play Fallout New Vegas x3 but its so much bug, glitch in the game >_<'' So i like to play Mw2 ^^ but my LivE run out a time ago <_<'''
Sep 13, 2011 8:22 AM

Jun 2009
Zeream said:
Lets avoid purchasing games for the sake of this club, and go more with what the members already likely own. It will make things easier and faster that way. So the way I am seeing it so far is that most of us have either CoD or Reach, so we can split game nights between those two for now, until other games come along.

not everyone here has Reach or COD Games though (I dont atleast)
I have COD 4 and Black Ops on my list because one of my friends has Them :/

so Ive been trying to through cheap Game ideas out there (most of what Ive been listing is under $5 others have been a few Dollars over but not by too much)

so if we dont all share a like Game List maybe we can all decide on something cheap so that way we can grab a Game that we cam all afford :/
Sep 13, 2011 1:54 PM

Oct 2009
club game nite sounds like a gr8 idea just lemme know either on here or @ xbl tag Dz Celos and i'll join up dont have blk ops but i have reach, gears 2 soon 3. rentin dead island from gamefly but havnt arrived yet. btw aegis wing & doritos crash course are good enuff party games free 2 DL if a choice cant be made
Sep 13, 2011 3:12 PM

Jun 2010
-vi said:
I'm only up for Reach. CoD is like AIDS.

Honestly, me too. I dislike CoD, I love Reach. Not to brag, but I make some pretty fucking cool maps in my spare time (at least every single living soul that plays on them thinks so).

mattskell said:

Well I don't want to leave anybody out either. We can't have everything in the beginning. Lets just get the whole thing up and running in the first place; then we can implement games we all suggest. I digress; it would be fun to play a variety of games with a variety of people.

Off-topic: 300th post yaaaay.
Ocean_HorizonSep 13, 2011 3:17 PM
Sep 14, 2011 8:56 AM

Jun 2009
solec said:
club game nite sounds like a gr8 idea just lemme know either on here or @ xbl tag Dz Celos and i'll join up dont have blk ops but i have reach, gears 2 soon 3. rentin dead island from gamefly but havnt arrived yet. btw aegis wing & doritos crash course are good enuff party games free 2 DL if a choice cant be made

Harms way is another Free game Download, There is is a Thread In This Club For Free Games

Zeream said:

I did make a thread for The XBL Free Promo Games so there are those aswell
Sep 18, 2011 10:51 PM
Sep 2008
mattskell said:
so Ive been trying to through cheap Game ideas out there (most of what Ive been listing is under $5 others have been a few Dollars over but not by too much)

Not all of us can go out and just buy a bunch of 5 dollar games just to play with other people though...
Sep 19, 2011 8:27 AM

Jun 2009
-vi said:
mattskell said:

Not all of us can go out and just buy a bunch of 5 dollar games just to play with other people though...

wow...
Sep 20, 2011 4:12 PM
Sep 2008
mattskell said:
-vi said:
mattskell said:

wow...

And that is 'wow' how? We're not all made of money. I'd rather play what I already own with people or what is a passing free game instead of having to buy a 1 or 2 dollar game here and there everytime someone wants to play something new. We had something similar happen on another community and in the end total, to play everything with everyone was going to cost me well over 30 bucks for a ton of games I might not always enjoy. Why waste my money when I have none of it? The economy isn't easy and getting a job in a state with an extremely high rate of unemployment is even harder.

Sorry I don't know what age you are, but some of us are adults here and have other worries y'know. Just keeping myself online for XBL is hard enough at the moment.
Sep 25, 2011 8:00 PM

Jun 2009
-vi said:
mattskell said:
-vi said:
mattskell said:

wow...

And that is 'wow' how? We're not all made of money. I'd rather play what I already own with people or what is a passing free game instead of having to buy a 1 or 2 dollar game here and there everytime someone wants to play something new. We had something similar happen on another community and in the end total, to play everything with everyone was going to cost me well over 30 bucks for a ton of games I might not always enjoy. Why waste my money when I have none of it? The economy isn't easy and getting a job in a state with an extremely high rate of unemployment is even harder.

Sorry I don't know what age you are, but some of us are adults here and have other worries y'know. Just keeping myself online for XBL is hard enough at the moment.

"we're not all made of money" yet you expect everyone to already own Games that are still 30-40 dollars? interesting

"every time someone wants to Play something new"

Have you even been reading my comments? I'm pretty sure I was talking to Zeream about finding something that we can all have in common since NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD COD BLACK OPS OR MONDERN WARFARE 2 since COD is looking like the favorite for Game Nights a

NOT ONCE have I been pushing a bunch of Games that I want to Play just fore the sake that I want to Play them and if you had actually tried reading my comments you would have understood that but no you briefly skim over a couple of my later comments which you then take completely out of context. :/

and one more thing

"I dont know how old you are but some of us are, but some of us are adults here and have other worries y'know"

funny you call me immature yet your the one trolling here? yeah that makes you seem REALLY mature.

From the minute you came to this club I could tell you were nothing but a troll and I can see I was right. Thats it, I'm done.
Sep 25, 2011 9:49 PM

Jun 2010
guys

guys

we need to stop getting mad at internet
Sep 25, 2011 10:25 PM

Jun 2010
Okay, seriously guys? We are trying to get a game night together, not antagonize each other. I've stated this before, and I'll state it again. We can't even get this off the ground until we at least get it started, and to get it started we need a game everybody has in common (well, first we need members). We have established that Halo Reach / CoD are the best choices since most people here own them, based on the responses on the club comments and here on the forum. Once we actually get the game nights together, THEN we can start adding other games to the schedule.

@mattskell
I hate to ruin it for you, but people are lazy; I doubt that even if the game is free the people here would go out and download it for the sake of playing it with others. Certainly not having to actually get off our asses and buy a game. Even if you suggest it, people are not going to buy a game just to play with some random person they met on a forum. No offense; I'm just telling you as it is. We'd be much better off choosing a game most people here already own and have in common.

In other words, lets not get ambitious; lets keep this realistic. Honestly, I'd be surprised if this game night even got started in the first place.
Sep 26, 2011 12:49 AM

Jun 2009
Getting back on track, the only games i have that i can play online with atm is Black Ops and Forza 3. There is also other games i have that has online, but i don't really play much of em for a while.

Also is mics a mandatory thing? Because i don't have a working one and i rather spend my money on games and also i need to renew my gold subscription next month. So if mics are needed then ill try to get some cheap headset (or for free) after i get the subscription out of the way.
Sep 26, 2011 1:20 AM

Jun 2010
The headsets are there primarily for communication. They are recommended to make talking back and forth much easier, but not mandatory. If you can communicate with the other members via another way and still keep it efficient, feel welcome to go mic free.

Keep in mind, if we are to get this game night running, communication between members is going to be key, and faster is better.
Sep 26, 2011 4:08 AM
Sep 2008
mattskell said:
-vi said:
mattskell said:
-vi said:
mattskell said:

wow...

"we're not all made of money" yet you expect everyone to already own Games that are still 30-40 dollars? interesting

"every time someone wants to Play something new"

Have you even been reading my comments? I'm pretty sure I was talking to Zeream about finding something that we can all have in common since NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD COD BLACK OPS OR MONDERN WARFARE 2 since COD is looking like the favorite for Game Nights a

NOT ONCE have I been pushing a bunch of Games that I want to Play just fore the sake that I want to Play them and if you had actually tried reading my comments you would have understood that but no you briefly skim over a couple of my later comments which you then take completely out of context. :/

and one more thing

"I dont know how old you are but some of us are, but some of us are adults here and have other worries y'know"

funny you call me immature yet your the one trolling here? yeah that makes you seem REALLY mature.

From the minute you came to this club I could tell you were nothing but a troll and I can see I was right. Thats it, I'm done.

Never once objected to playing either of the games you have suggested due tot he fact most of us own 'em, sir. I made suggestions. They got turned down in some cases. Didn't cry, didn't care. Some people do their own thing.

Also... I have yet to see any game group gathering thingies yet though :V Will just say that. Apparently we're too busy arguing on an animu site over which game to play rather than setting up days of the week or something where everyone's interested to join... which would be more productive, right?

Also oh noes big bad troll for saying something that was coming from my honest POV. I'M SUCH A NAUGHTY GIRL.

Regardless lets just shut up and play some Halo or COD already~
Jun 27, 2012 2:19 PM

Apr 2012
I have Black Ops, Battlefield 3, and Mass Effect 3 if anybody is interested in trying to get a game night going for those.
Jun 29, 2012 9:13 PM

May 2010
Im down for anything, i have most fps out right now, just not any CoD anymore

Gear 1,2,3
BF3
Ghost Recon:FS

or myb some fighting game? im alway down for some 3s lol
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Recent Events Apology and Welcome Back to myself

TheGearGuard - Jul 30, 2021

2 by JaYzM2 »»
Jul 30, 2021 5:19 PM

» What are you Playing?

TheGearGuard - Mar 23, 2021

14 by Blackhawksnip3r »»
Apr 15, 2021 5:09 PM

» Xbox Gamertags

TheGearGuard - Feb 18, 2021

8 by TheGearGuard »»
Apr 9, 2021 12:28 AM

» Active?

TheGearGuard - Sep 11, 2020

1 by Rojo »»
Mar 3, 2021 7:09 AM

» Xbox Club Revival

TheGearGuard - Feb 9, 2021

6 by TheGearGuard »»
Feb 12, 2021 7:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.