Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 25, 2011 10:16 PM

Feb 2011
As the topic name says this is a battle macross

characters are placed here, mechas or macross series...
and between users choose which is best!! ^^

*****FIRST BATTLE****

Who u give your vote? Which is better character??

Lynn Minmay or Misa Hayase??

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 25, 2011 11:28 PM

Nov 2008
Obviously, Minmay. She is the quintessence of Macross.
I said, Ranka Lee is the best!
Aug 26, 2011 11:16 AM

Jun 2010
Minmay. She's portrayed as an ordinary teenage girl, and because of that she's also a very believable character. And her songs were actually quite catchy.
Aug 26, 2011 11:26 PM

Feb 2011
hmm

Personally I can`t choose which one is better! LOL

because Misa is one of my favorite characters, she breaks the stereotype that only men have high ranks in the military at the end of the series she is the true love Hikaru and then became admiral of his own ship! nice! ^^

other hand, Minmay is young, with a beautiful voice and becoming one of the most representative characters and singers of macross, being used as inspiration throughout the sagas and also created an alien attack with your name (Minmay attack)

Sorry, but, for me it is difficult to choose between these 2 characters.

hahahahaaha ^_^

mmmm.... I choose Misa.

Aug 30, 2011 9:26 AM

Feb 2011
And the winner of this battle was..

WHO IS THE BEST SINGER OF MACROSS FRONTIER??

Koshka_himeSep 1, 2011 12:15 AM

Sep 2, 2011 11:42 AM

Nov 2009
Sheryl Nome by far is the better singer. Ranka's singing is a little too sweet for my taste...
Sep 4, 2011 1:14 AM

Nov 2008
Ranka is a Minmay of Macross F. Nuff said.
I said, Ranka Lee is the best!
Sep 4, 2011 12:14 PM
Feb 2009
Tsubatsu said:
I'm not sure. Yeah. Ranka is Chinese and she works as waitress in Nyan Nyan Restaurant but her personality is completely different to Minmay's. I think Sheryl Nome is more simillar to legend in the galaxy.

I choose Sheryl because she's more interesting person (especially movie version).
Sep 4, 2011 1:18 PM

Jun 2010
It's a very hard choice for me, because I liked both... But I prefer Ranka a bit more.
Sep 5, 2011 5:40 PM

Feb 2011
I definitely prefer sheryl, his voice was better. Ranka sings well but can not be compared with sheryl. ^^
I love this song:

this song is exciting!

Sep 5, 2011 8:00 PM

Nov 2009
Crossboy said:
Tsubatsu said:
I'm not sure. Yeah. Ranka is Chinese and she works as waitress in Nyan Nyan Restaurant but her personality is completely different to Minmay's. I think Sheryl Nome is more simillar to legend in the galaxy.

I think Tsubatsu was saying that because the series portrays Ranka as the next Lynn Minmay. She works in the Nyan Nyan restaurant, she enters in the Miss Macross competition, she rises to stardom in the series instead of already being established, she is in a love triangle with the pilot main character, and her songs have a great effect on the enemy of the series. All similarities of what Minmay did in the original. Her personality may be a bit different, but it doesn't change the fact that both Ranka and Minmay went down the same path...
Sep 6, 2011 10:49 PM

Feb 2011
ShonenNinja said:
Crossboy said:
Tsubatsu said:

I think Tsubatsu was saying that because the series portrays Ranka as the next Lynn Minmay. She works in the Nyan Nyan restaurant, she enters in the Miss Macross competition, she rises to stardom in the series instead of already being established, she is in a love triangle with the pilot main character, and her songs have a great effect on the enemy of the series. All similarities of what Minmay did in the original. Her personality may be a bit different, but it doesn't change the fact that both Ranka and Minmay went down the same path...

I agree with your opinion. Ranka is more simillar to Minmay

Sep 6, 2011 11:08 PM
Feb 2009
ShonenNinja said:

OK. You're right. However I recollected one interview with Kawamori and he said accidentally Ranka resembles TV's Minmay and Sheryl resembles DYRL version.

Next issue is ~Kiss in the Galaxy~ manga series. At the beginning Sheryl as child resembles Ranka. So I've conclusion they're both are Minmay but with a different levels.

I'm interested in movie 2 modifications. I've heard Ranka personality is a bit different to prequels :)
CrossboySep 6, 2011 11:12 PM
Oct 19, 2011 5:27 PM

Mar 2010
Film Ranka owns all (she far aher series counterpart)

so yeah, Ranka

I do love Sheryl a lot too, they're both great. Both are good singers with distinct voices too but it's important to remember May'n had years of experience behind her when she came to work on Fronteir while Megumi was a greenhorn so in some respects precise comparisons aren't that just.

It's only with cosmic cuune songs and the music from final film Megumi had comparable experience to May'n circa MF 2008...and now that Megumi has songs on wtfawesome level of Songbird and Hoshikira (that song still makes me cry every time I hear it) choice is easy.

I still love Sheryl too though, I wouldn't mind taking both :D
Nov 8, 2011 11:38 PM
Nov 2011
I'd have to say Sheryl. Even including the songs from the movies, i think the Sheryl songs just sounded a little better. I will say tho Megumi's voice did in deed get some serious experience since the days of "Ninjin Loves You Yeah", and even tho May'n had been singing longer, they were both sounding like tried and true veterans of the craft by the Frontier movies.

So in short, i prefer Sheryl, but i'll gladly blast songs from either of them from my iPod speakers anytime. ^_^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite Songs from all Macross Series ( 1 2 )

hououji_fuu - Oct 8, 2007

57 by Darth_Twin »»
Jul 16, 2019 1:28 AM

Poll: » Macross Vs. Gundam

Dodecahedron-O24 - Oct 30, 2015

4 by Farabeuf »»
Jan 23, 2017 12:45 PM

» Macross series watched

Dodecahedron-O24 - Jul 3, 2010

17 by -Ayu »»
Dec 3, 2016 6:00 AM

» The Macross Anime Challenge

Dodecahedron-O24 - Mar 24, 2016

6 by Lohengrin234 »»
May 19, 2016 4:59 PM

» Will We Ever....?

Dodecahedron-O24 - Oct 30, 2015

2 by Dodecahedron-O24 »»
Nov 9, 2015 7:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.