MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Which girl should Yu end up with? [spoilers kinda]
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Persona 4 The Animation »» Which girl should Yu end up with? [spoilers kinda]

Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: CHOOSE!
Yukiko
 
160 24.81%
Chie
 
71 11.01%
Rise
 
171 26.51%
Naoto
 
58 8.99%
Harem end
 
68 10.54%
No one
 
43 6.67%
Yosuke
 
58 8.99%
Other
 
16 2.48%
Voters: 645

09-06-11, 1:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 8
I like Yukiko paired with him the best.

Rise makes the most sense for how the story ends, she could follow the MC back to his home city.

In the end, I get the feeling there won't be a pairing at all.
 
09-06-11, 3:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 610
In the game I chose Rise because you get the best item from her. For the anime, I think Naoto would be cool, but that won't happen anyway ...
 
09-10-11, 6:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2122
I don't really mind. However I'd say I see it happening most with Rise.

Turb0_mugen said:
KANJI END, OF COURSE! why it isn't even listed as an option!?

I smiled.

This would be frickin' hilarious.
 
09-13-11, 7:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 7
I want Yukiko x Souji (sorry, I dont feel like calling him Yuu), best pair there is
 
09-15-11, 2:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5081
saeki_akabane said:
I want Yukiko x Souji (sorry, I dont feel like calling him Yuu), best pair there is
You better get used to Yuu. They chose to go with the anime name for the new Persona 4 fighting game.

 
09-17-11, 3:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 51
I think it's gonna be Chie, but I'm hoping for Yukiko or Rise.

But the ultimate would be bromance for Yosuke.
 
09-17-11, 4:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5081
Kexlizard said:
I think it's gonna be Chie, but I'm hoping for Yukiko or Rise.

But the ultimate would be bromance for Yosuke.
Chie already had two fairly strong pairings in the story (the Yousuke one and the full blown yuri with Yukiko). Let alone the fact Chie is, at best, the most awkwad of the relationships.

 
09-17-11, 10:13 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 260
Hoping that the romance is cut low and it's just Yukiko & Rise crushing on Yuu - with nothing more developed because it would piss the shit out of all the different shippers, lol.

****Could be a minor spoiler for those who haven't played P3 or P4****

Just a thought, does the MC end up with the girl who obtains the Lovers Arcana in parts of the story? It might be a coincidence that P3:Fes had Yukari seem to be Minato's girlfriend - And having Rise from the start of her entering the Team, automatically love Yuu?lol.
 
10-16-11, 2:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1337
Leon-Gun said:
MokonaBuny said:
I voted no one. Keep the pairings to the fans' imaginations.
P3 actually made the Minato-Yukari-Aigis love triangle canon, why should the P4 anime not play with a pairing? The game even gives main-story MC/Rise scenes though they're brushed off as simply Rise being Rise.

Even though I say that it is hard to pick one. If we even extend it to non-playable characters the choice gets harder. I'll go with Rise because Yukiko and Chie...well, the Prince scene should answer what I think of those two. And both Naoto and Yosuke had obvious crushes from the start.


I'm sorry but that's just absurd. In P3 case, the romance was heavily implied due to the beach event with Yukari, then it was further established as FACT thnx to P3 Fes. Unless P4 will have some sort of "Fes" sequel, it'll remain open-ended in the romance department. The beach event has a strong impact that was not found in P4 because it was PART OF THE STORYLINE, did P4 MC have any significant event where he was all alone with Yukiko and on the verge of kissing her if they were not to be interrupted? Nope!

The same applies for the rest of the so-called "official" couplings, such as MC x Rise, Yosuke x Chie, Kanji x Naoto, Teddie x Rise, Kanji x Rise. Kanji seems to have a crush on Naoto but does Naoto CARE about him? No! Rise loves MC but does MC officially respond to her feelings? NO!

Yosuke and Chie were often grouped together but do they CARE about each other or have any event that develops their relationship? Nada! Kanji and Rise fit those animu cliche about "love-hate" relationship but one thing to keep in mind is that those animu cliche have following events that tie things together, P4 does not. The same applies to Rise x Teddie, just because she hugged him cuz she was worried about him doesn't mean that she wanna jump him. As for Yukiko x Chie, do you guys ever think about female friendship or is it just trendy nowadays to lump girls you find hot together in a homo-erotic relationship just for FAP sake?

Anyway, I don't think those evidences are solid enough to prove anything... IIRC, Akiko x Mitsuru was even more implied than those silly couples in P4 and guess what? They didn't even end up together, as shown by both Fes & even Trinity. They were only "friend" status; so how some people tried to pass their subjective delusions as fact is just beyond my comprehension... Want another "canon" couple? Junpei x red head girl, that's what I call "canon".



If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

 
10-16-11, 2:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 80
He'll end up with the entire town of Inaba.
 
10-16-11, 2:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 14195
if they are smart then he will end up with no one, having him end up with anyone would just piss everyone off and make a cannon war

and seeing how bad that got with tales of symphonia then its bets to avoid creating another,
please shit talk my page, no seriously please do
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me
 
10-16-11, 5:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1028
Never played the game, and that Rise chick just didn't catch my attention, so I went for Yukiko.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

 
10-16-11, 7:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5081
BitchMaster said:
Leon-Gun said:
MokonaBuny said:I voted no one. Keep the pairings to the fans' imaginations.
P3 actually made the Minato-Yukari-Aigis love triangle canon, why should the P4 anime not play with a pairing? The game even gives main-story MC/Rise scenes though they're brushed off as simply Rise being Rise.
Even though I say that it is hard to pick one. If we even extend it to non-playable characters the choice gets harder. I'll go with Rise because Yukiko and Chie...well, the Prince scene should answer what I think of those two. And both Naoto and Yosuke had obvious crushes from the start.

I'm sorry but that's just absurd. In P3 case, the romance was heavily implied due to the beach event with Yukari, then it was further established as FACT thnx to P3 Fes. Unless P4 will have some sort of "Fes" sequel, it'll remain open-ended in the romance department. The beach event has a strong impact that was not found in P4 because it was PART OF THE STORYLINE, did P4 MC have any significant event where he was all alone with Yukiko and on the verge of kissing her if they were not to be interrupted? Nope!
The same applies for the rest of the so-called "official" couplings, such as MC x Rise, Yosuke x Chie, Kanji x Naoto, Teddie x Rise, Kanji x Rise. Kanji seems to have a crush on Naoto but does Naoto CARE about him? No! Rise loves MC but does MC officially respond to her feelings? NO!
Yosuke and Chie were often grouped together but do they CARE about each other or have any event that develops their relationship? Nada! Kanji and Rise fit those animu cliche about "love-hate" relationship but one thing to keep in mind is that those animu cliche have following events that tie things together, P4 does not. The same applies to Rise x Teddie, just because she hugged him cuz she was worried about him doesn't mean that she wanna jump him. As for Yukiko x Chie, do you guys ever think about female friendship or is it just trendy nowadays to lump girls you find hot together in a homo-erotic relationship just for FAP sake?
Anyway, I don't think those evidences are solid enough to prove anything... IIRC, Akiko x Mitsuru was even more implied than those silly couples in P4 and guess what? They didn't even end up together, as shown by both Fes & even Trinity. They were only "friend" status; so how some people tried to pass their subjective delusions as fact is just beyond my comprehension... Want another "canon" couple? Junpei x red head girl, that's what I call "canon".
I'm sorry but what? How exactly did you miscontrued my post to mean I thought that they were canon relationships? They are all relationships you could "imply" from the events but none have true official backing. I never said otheriwse, please don't put words in my mouth. In fact, I explicitly began my post by saying P4 didn't had anything official like the triangle relationship Yukiko, Aigis and the MC had in Persona 3 (which was made official in FES).

 
10-20-11, 6:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1337
Leon-Gun said:
I'm sorry but what? How exactly did you miscontrued my post to mean I thought that they were canon relationships? They are all relationships you could "imply" from the events but none have true official backing. I never said otheriwse, please don't put words in my mouth. In fact, I explicitly began my post by saying P4 didn't had anything official like the triangle relationship Yukiko, Aigis and the MC had in Persona 3 (which was made official in FES).


How, you ask? Well...

Your first statement was: "P3 actually made the Minato-Yukari-Aigis love triangle canon, why should the P4 anime not play with a pairing?"

You suggested P4 to have canon pairings by asking a rhetorical question. Then, you said: "The game even gives main-story MC/Rise scenes though they're brushed off as simply Rise being Rise."

This is considered as evidence supporting your previous statement as to why P4 should have canon relationships but then you contradicted yourself by adding the following "though" which rendered that statement void.

The next statement: "Even though I say that it is hard to pick one. If we even extend it to non-playable characters the choice gets harder. I'll go with Rise because Yukiko and Chie...well, the Prince scene should answer what I think of those two. And both Naoto and Yosuke had obvious crushes from the start".

This is rather hors-subject as well as confusing for me to discern what you tried to say. All I got what how you thought this is hard to pick out one heroine for a fictional "canon pairing" and what choices you'd subjectively prefer. The confusion was further amplified regarding Naoto and "obvious crush from the start" so by that, I assumed you meant "Kanji" instead of "Naoto" because as far as I remember, Naoto was not shown to be interested in anybody excluding her social link events. This, is where I'm starting to explain why I think none of those examples you provided wouldn't work and how crushes do not necesarily direct toward any kind of fanfic pairings and officially materialize them.

My reply was based on my perception of the intention delivered through your comment so if there's any misinterpretation, you have my condolences.



If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

 
10-20-11, 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 405
Yukiko.
 
10-26-11, 12:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 15
I'm guessing Yuu's gonna max his social links so I'm going with the harem end

Well sort of...

He probably doesn't end up with anyone because he leaves but they'll probably have feelings for him

like the protagonist in P3 (he's got every freakin girl he makes a social link with right down to Maiko )

LOL
Modified by Thryx20, 10-26-11, 12:28 AM
If I had a dollar for every dollar I have. I'd have an infinite amount of money, so "haha" for you.
 
10-26-11, 12:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 56
Harem end is best end.
 
10-26-11, 3:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1972
Naoto.

Though I almost wanted to vote Yosuke for the lulz.

Edit: I can't believe Uncomfortable has the highest vote.
 
10-26-11, 5:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2953
Lauriet said:
I can't believe Uncomfortable has the highest vote.

Me too, she's such a boring character. As long as it isn't Yukiko, I'm fine with anyone.
 
10-27-11, 10:42 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 260
maarsaalis said:
Lauriet said:
I can't believe Uncomfortable has the highest vote.

Me too, she's such a boring character.


I'm happy to know I'm not alone...
 
Top
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices