Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2011 2:17 AM

Mar 2009
Do we know for sure that the Saya from Blood: The Last Vampire is the same one as the Saya from Blood+?

You see, I absolutely love the B:tLV Saya and would like to add her as one of my favorite characters. But Saya Otonashi from Blood+ is such an emo jerk and since they share the same character profile, I can't add her.

In MAL, B:tLV is stated as an alternative version of Blood+. Blood-C is also an alternative version and its Saya has her own character profile. She's called Kisaragi though instead of Otonashi, and that's mods reasoning, I guess. But even so, in B:tLV she has no other name than Saya, so we can't know for sure if it's the same one.

In the B:tLV movie, there's no mentioning that Saya is called Otonashi. She looks quite different than the Saya of Blood+ too, both in appearance and character. I don't see how she could be degraded into being the retard of the Blood+ series.

So, B:tLV is based on a series of novels as far as I know. Can anyone who has read these novels, confirm if the name Saya Otonashi is used at all there for the main character?
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jul 28, 2011 2:19 AM

Nov 2008
To answer the title question: No.
Jul 28, 2011 2:22 AM

Mar 2009
And the reason is?
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jul 28, 2011 2:27 AM

Jan 2008
Roxxy-Baby said:
To answer the title question: No.
Really? I always thought they were since Blood+ (anime) told Saya about the time she went on a rampage and even showed scenes from the movie. If I'm remembering correctly.
Jul 28, 2011 2:30 AM

Mar 2009
It did not show any scenes from the BtLV movie. It showed some scenes from a fighting in Vietnam. However the movie takes place in Japan, during the Vietnam War era but never states that Saya actually traveled to Vietnam.
Jul 28, 2011 2:30 AM

Jan 2008
kodial said:
It did not show any scenes from the BtLV movie. It showed some scenes from a fighting in Vietnam. However the movie takes place in Japan, during the Vietnam War era but never states that Saya actually traveled to Vietnam.
Whoops.. disregard my post then. =X
Jul 28, 2011 3:38 PM

Nov 2008
kodial said:
And the reason is?
Because they aren't the same character? ^_-
Jul 29, 2011 3:40 AM

Mar 2009
If that's so, I request different character profiles too. I wanna have Saya from BtLV as one of my favorites!!!
Jul 29, 2011 5:23 AM

Nov 2008
kodial said:
If that's so, I request different character profiles too. I wanna have Saya from BtLV as one of my favorites!!!
Ask one of the Anime Database moderators to make the change, then.
Jul 29, 2011 5:27 AM

Mar 2009
Yeah but I gotta present them with some proof before that or they won't listen.

I remember making a thread a while ago asking for Lucy and Nyuu to be merged into one character, for example. I've been told no then, though much later they did merge them.

Just theories aren't enough.
Jul 29, 2011 6:06 AM

Nov 2008
It's a fact - they aren't the same character. Anyone who has seen both knows that they're two different characters from two different series. The mods are just being their usual dickhead selves. Whoever is telling you otherwise is ill-informed.
Jul 29, 2011 12:55 PM

Nov 2008
Jul 29, 2011 1:06 PM

Mar 2009
Eeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh??????????

O_____________O

How... Well, no matter! Thanks!! XD
Aug 20, 2011 10:22 PM

May 2007
Roxxy-Baby said:
It's a fact - they aren't the same character. Anyone who has seen both knows that they're two different characters from two different series. The mods are just being their usual dickhead selves. Whoever is telling you otherwise is ill-informed.

I remember that while the anime was being broadcasted for some reason I don't understand a lot of people thought that blood+ was the sequel of Blood: The last vampire and in Wikipedia they even made a timeline chart that said that Saya from B:TLV was the same as the one in Blood+. It wasn't until Production I.G. clearly stated in an article (or interview, I think) that blood+ had absolutely nothing to do with the movie that the matter was finally settled. I still don't know why it took so long to convince some people that the Saya of Blood+ is a completely different entity from the Saya of the movie, since to me it was really obvious (If you watched the Tv series and the movie.)
Apr 23, 2013 10:40 PM
Apr 2013
NeoFireHawk said:
Roxxy-Baby said:

I remember that while the anime was being broadcasted for some reason I don't understand a lot of people thought that blood+ was the sequel of Blood: The last vampire and in Wikipedia they even made a timeline chart that said that Saya from B:TLV was the same as the one in Blood+. It wasn't until Production I.G. clearly stated in an article (or interview, I think) that blood+ had absolutely nothing to do with the movie that the matter was finally settled. I still don't know why it took so long to convince some people that the Saya of Blood+ is a completely different entity from the Saya of the movie, since to me it was really obvious (If you watched the Tv series and the movie.)

I agree with you. I've watched all of the Blood + episodes even the so-called gaiden (or extra series) and B:TLV which really tell that they're in fact the same character. She only received her "Otonashi" when she was adopted. The Movie and series are connected with each other. Another point is that David appeared from both series and movie and they're in fact the same David. So they really can't say that she's a totally different entity from the other. Though Saya Kisaragi has the same clothes to that of the B:TLV but it doesn't mean that it's also her because the name being only "Saya" maybe but of different dimension :))) but like what NeoFireHawk said, Watch both series and movie as the story really are connected with each other. Any thing I've missed? lol
LilarcorApr 23, 2013 10:43 PM
Feb 8, 2015 3:14 PM

Jan 2014
Lilarcor said:
Any thing I've missed? lol

Well for one we do actually know for sure that Kisaragi Saya is in fact not called Kisaragi.

I haven't watched Blood+, and from what I've read, have developped very little inclination to do so. Otonashi sounds like a different Saya alltogether, while I think BtLV Saya and Kisaragi probably are the same person.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Aug 12, 2019 6:25 AM

Apr 2017
They are different interpretations of the same character. So yes and no. They are not canon with another, as far as I know.
Awoo :3

More topics from this board

» Watch order.

SandyAxe78 - Mar 2

2 by SandyAxe78 »»
Mar 2, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Blood: The Last Vampire Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

en_____ - Feb 20, 2010

64 by Alterlines »»
Oct 2, 2023 4:13 AM

» Live action remake trailer

Beatnik - Feb 14, 2009

15 by otakuops7 »»
Aug 24, 2021 11:57 AM

» How was the voice acting originally done?

LavenderCourage - Aug 17, 2009

2 by LavenderCourage »»
Sep 4, 2009 9:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.