Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 8, 2011 8:49 AM
Jul 2010
I'm a little bit of a hipster so I didn't like how it went mainstream. Another thing is the added fanservice and the massive cuts in scenes. I'd like to know how you guys felt.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 8, 2011 11:36 PM

Aug 2010
Yea I didnt like the anime either. In the manga I felt that Satellizer was more strong willed and tough, but in the anime she was way too shy and quiet, which was further accentuated by her loli voice.

Also I definetly felt the fight scenes were a little too short - especially the final battle - and as for the fanservice it seemed a kinda excessive, I mean seeing skin when two girls are fighting to the death is a little off putting for the mood...

>>How many Dragonball Z characters does it take to change a lightbulb??
Ive got no idea, but it'd take at least 20 episodes!
Jun 9, 2011 11:14 AM
Jul 2010
grar564 said:
Yea I didnt like the anime either. In the manga I felt that Satellizer was more strong willed and tough, but in the anime she was way too shy and quiet, which was further accentuated by her loli voice.

Also I definetly felt the fight scenes were a little too short - especially the final battle - and as for the fanservice it seemed a kinda excessive, I mean seeing skin when two girls are fighting to the death is a little off putting for the mood...

I agree. And the sad thing now is that alot of the people are going to think this is what Im Dal Young is about and since it's such a big hit it's going to be alot of people's first introduction into his series.
Jun 14, 2011 6:32 AM

Aug 2010
Yeah definitely. My first Im Dal Young was Unbalance and that had a pretty in-depth storyline. This Freezing anime is way too shallow.

>>How many Dragonball Z characters does it take to change a lightbulb??
Ive got no idea, but it'd take at least 20 episodes!
Jun 17, 2011 9:13 PM
Jul 2010
I think mine was Aflame inferno. And I ended up reading all his pieces before I realized it was all him. I think the only ones I went into knowing he wrote were Lunatic Taker, Phantom king, and the latest one.
Aug 16, 2013 9:56 AM

Jun 2008
I'm sure this topic is primarily aimed at those who read the manga first but I wanna share my opinion. Y'see, I recognize the anime has its flaws, but the ecchi fighting stuff, I really enjoyed it. For someone who's coming from Ikkitousen, Sekirei and Tenjou Tenge, this is pretty usual stuff albeit with more gore, which... makes fights a bit more "spicy" I guess. And seriously, I am glad they ditched the Pandora armor in favor of skin-showing fights. The more "panty fighter" animes coming out (that's how those kind of series are called), the better it is, because there aren't many. I don't really enjoy modern ecchi series and the Freezing anime was a breath of fresh air.

As for the first Im Dal Young manga I read, it was UxU I think.
Aug 23, 2013 5:57 PM

Jun 2013
grar564 said:
Yeah definitely. My first Im Dal Young was Unbalance and that had a pretty in-depth storyline. This Freezing anime is way too shallow.

Completely agree with both of your posts...
Sep 7, 2013 1:17 PM

Nov 2007
I was reading Freezing before anime came out. When I heard about anime I thought that it can not be any good, because, let us be honest, Freezing is not the best source for anime. Despite that anime turned out to be decent.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Legend of Maian

Coquidragon - Oct 8, 2014

1 by KNightmare06 »»
Apr 21, 2015 4:17 AM

» English translations

Coquidragon - Oct 8, 2014

0 by Coquidragon »»
Oct 8, 2014 8:39 PM

Poll: » Favorite IM Dal Young Work

AccipiterF1 - Aug 30, 2009

26 by 3delQ8 »»
Aug 25, 2012 2:25 PM

» Zero?

thisguy2011 - Jan 19, 2012

1 by AccipiterF1 »»
May 10, 2012 7:45 PM

Sticky: » More Pictures

AccipiterF1 - Nov 12, 2010

15 by AccipiterF1 »»
Aug 1, 2011 11:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.