Oct 27, 2011 8:32 AM

Dec 2009
Great we could but i know no way to send you the money
Oct 30, 2011 7:30 PM

Jun 2009
they are fairly cheap so its no big deal
Dec 30, 2011 11:30 AM
Dec 2011
Hokay so I know I am rather new around here, but this whole zombie thing has been thought exercise for me for quite a while and in many different forums. Here's what I know from experiences with shittons of different weapons and survival tricks. For now I will just post about the weapons as to not spam the page all at once

Weapons and ammo:
As I was reading all these comments I had the realization that as anime nerds, many of us are fond of the katana as a melee weapon (myself included). The problem is that many people don't realize just how freaking hard it is to slice through a person, let alone easily cutting down masses of these brain eaters. I have years of martial arts experience and even though I have a collection full of these sharpened beauties, I would ditch them for a blunt weapon such as a crowbar which has many many uses. I know it may not be as beautiful or clean as slicing someone to bits, but a crowbar can take a beating, can far more easily fracture and bust skulls with enough momentum, and can be used for getting into other areas which may be locked.
Assuming all the zombies are fast, it would be best to have a silent weapon such as a bow for mid ranges as to not attract more of these hard to hit targets. Most compound bows are very easy to learn how to use and even come with sights. With a day or two of practice it is possible to grab, knock, aim, and fire an arrow in no more than 8 seconds.
Guns are really good weapons to use in cases when the zombies know where you are and you need to spray and prey your way out of there. Anything that will reliably fire without jamming would be good to use. I have shot a couple of different types of rifles and prefer the AK 47 because it is reliable, somewhat accurate, has relatively little recoil, and is semi-automatic meaning you wont be wasting ammo by shooting unnecessary rounds. Shotguns would also be pretty decent since, like was mentioned earlier, they dont take a lot of skill to use, and the spray of the shells will give you more leeway on your accuracy.

If you wanted to try for a little fun instead of practicality, rigging explosives for both distraction and lethality is an option. I have a bit of a background in chemistry and physics which helps in knowing which household compounds react in what way under different circumstances to make impromptu Molotov cocktails or frag grenades. Even a quick stop to a fireworks stand can give you a handful of different distractions or potential weapons.
Jun 2, 2012 5:48 PM

Jul 2011
Def agree with the silent weapons there. If I were camping in a house I would also set traps around to take down some zombies!
Jun 6, 2012 11:16 PM
Nov 2008
My soloution is stealth. Silent weapons, silent moving, at the right timing, its not about the kill, its about supressing a zombie if nessesary and getting around. Zombies react to the slightest noise, so always have a distraction or a decoy if a huge wave is blocking your exit, and they are unaware of your presence. Traveling light or heavy wont matter if you use the stealth tactic, plus you can always drop your gear and come back for it later, just hide it and trap it well.

Sleep in trees, high trees at that, if surviving in the wilderness. Remember to step lightly since the slightest crunch can attract a zombie.

Reccomended weapons for the slilent approach would be anything with a silencer, a bow(crossbow, compound, you name it) a knife (bowie, combat, trench ect.) if any of the tools are unavailable, you can still rely on good old fassion neck snapping.

Traveling durring the day is more efficient, but it is easier to hide at night. Also, your scent is important too. If a zombie can smell you, then it will most likely find you

Well, this is from my prospective.
Jun 25, 2012 5:37 AM

May 2012
My plan is simple,if im alone and have no one to protect,go and bash theyr heads..
Jul 5, 2012 3:37 PM

Apr 2012
The way I would survive a zombie attack is this. First I round up a bunch of survivers and make sure they didn't go crazy. We go to a hardware store to pack up on weapons and head to the nearest mall. So that way we will have enough food until help arrives and if not then will have to go on our own and it will be tough.
Jul 5, 2012 3:44 PM

Apr 2012
SasukeHugo said:
My soloution is stealth. Silent weapons, silent moving, at the right timing, its not about the kill, its about supressing a zombie if nessesary and getting around. Zombies react to the slightest noise, so always have a distraction or a decoy if a huge wave is blocking your exit, and they are unaware of your presence. Traveling light or heavy wont matter if you use the stealth tactic, plus you can always drop your gear and come back for it later, just hide it and trap it well.

Sleep in trees, high trees at that, if surviving in the wilderness. Remember to step lightly since the slightest crunch can attract a zombie.

Reccomended weapons for the slilent approach would be anything with a silencer, a bow(crossbow, compound, you name it) a knife (bowie, combat, trench ect.) if any of the tools are unavailable, you can still rely on good old fassion neck snapping.

Traveling durring the day is more efficient, but it is easier to hide at night. Also, your scent is important too. If a zombie can smell you, then it will most likely find you

Well, this is from my prospective.

You got that right as noises can attracted a large amount of the undead.
Aug 21, 2012 3:44 AM

Dec 2011
I see you guys like guns. But if the zombies react to sound, what will you do?
Shooting zombies will attract more and more. Unless you have a suppressser of some sort, but that doesn't mean the gun doesn't make noise. It still does, even with a suppresser.
Aug 21, 2012 7:09 AM

Jun 2009
They make silent .22 long rifle rounds now. Now powder, just the primer. All you hear is the action.
Aug 21, 2012 7:59 AM

Apr 2012
Sajaho said:
They make silent .22 long rifle rounds now. Now powder, just the primer. All you hear is the action.

You mean like putting a silencer to make less noise?
Sep 17, 2012 10:04 PM

Jul 2012
go to Alaska, bring a few on-hand weapons preferably long, (i personally have a scythe with a spear-like tip, and a crow-bar-like end) bring dog, just because a virus affects humans doesnt mean it will affect ur dog. don't wait till panic, as soon as the gov tells you not to panic, panic.
"Sanity? Sorry. I don't remember having such a useless thing in the first place." -Kenpachi, Bleach
Sep 24, 2012 2:49 PM

Dec 2009
Well after a very long time of thinking I have come to the conclusion that we should just avoid using guns there is a lot that could go wrong if you got no experience.Now now don t tell me that shooting at a gun range made you an expert.Things might get a lot different when shit goes down.Imagine 2-3 zombies running towards you there is a minimal chance you will win if you fight them head on. Why ? Well first of all lets say that shooting the head is the only way to kill them. If that is the case you need 3 shoots with a simple gun ( automatic and semi-automatic is the worst thing you can have thats why I m using hand guns in this example if you wish to know why I think so read trough the posts or just send me a massage i got the shit I wrote down somewhere ) well even if you are a pro a enemy rushing towards you can be very confusing so the chance that you will hit on the first try is minimal. Lets take into account that you have little to no military training and that you are a civilian.Your reaction will probably be random shooting out of pure panic. You might or might not hit a target but you will surely make other zombies aware of your position. Then you are fucked.Long story short : If you have enough space to run ... then run you are not doing yourself a favor by fighting.
Oct 4, 2012 6:04 PM
Nov 2008
Phant0ms said:
I see you guys like guns. But if the zombies react to sound, what will you do?
Shooting zombies will attract more and more. Unless you have a suppressser of some sort, but that doesn't mean the gun doesn't make noise. It still does, even with a suppresser.

Yeah it will make a noise but it wont be as loud. In fact, if you attach it to a full auto and use it like a semi auto youll almost never hear it unless your close enough to. Ive used a silenced gun before, so i know that it can keep the gun pretty quiet in total.

But i do love swords too. Heh, if you give me two ill clear out a whole hoard on my own without even getting touched or close to being touched once till i tire out
Oct 4, 2012 6:10 PM
Nov 2008
Bl4ckEnvy said:
Well after a very long time of thinking I have come to the conclusion that we should just avoid using guns there is a lot that could go wrong if you got no experience.Now now don t tell me that shooting at a gun range made you an expert.Things might get a lot different when shit goes down.Imagine 2-3 zombies running towards you there is a minimal chance you will win if you fight them head on. Why ? Well first of all lets say that shooting the head is the only way to kill them. If that is the case you need 3 shoots with a simple gun ( automatic and semi-automatic is the worst thing you can have thats why I m using hand guns in this example if you wish to know why I think so read trough the posts or just send me a massage i got the shit I wrote down somewhere ) well even if you are a pro a enemy rushing towards you can be very confusing so the chance that you will hit on the first try is minimal. Lets take into account that you have little to no military training and that you are a civilian.Your reaction will probably be random shooting out of pure panic. You might or might not hit a target but you will surely make other zombies aware of your position. Then you are fucked.Long story short : If you have enough space to run ... then run you are not doing yourself a favor by fighting.

Sometimes you have to fight. Your right that its a hard shot with an enemy coming torwards you but its not impossible. If you ask me you would really have to be a moron to miss such an eazy shot on a zombie seeing how they cant run ^^" and using a full auto on full burst is a dumb idea, but using a semi auto is actually a pretty good idea. One pull of the trigger and one bullet fires out. Put a red dot on it or some kind of scope, you could do alot with it. Heh.
Apr 7, 2013 4:00 AM
Apr 2013
Sorry if I'm a bit late for this but I'll try to give a rundown of survival strategies:

1) Nomads
-Group: Small/Medium
-Focus: Mobility and stealth
This strategy is the basic one you'll find in most guides. It is basically avoiding zombies as you travel rural areas or stealthily move between buildings. The equipment is light and the members of the group are armed with light (handguns) or medium (rifles) firearms. This strategy is great for evacuation and is easy to perform when short on time.
Downside: This group might get swarmed easily (especially by "runners") and the too young and old, and injured might be left behind.

2) Knights and Rangers
-Group: Very small ( 3-4 people)
-Focus: Defense and extermination
This strategy takes some preparation and skilled craftsmanship, but is excellent for setting up bases in urban areas. Basically two "knights" put on full-plate suits of armour with chainmail underneath (along with surgical mask and goggles), and a heavy melee weapon of choice (sword, axe, sledgehammer,etc.). They rush into a swarm and kill them off in close combat. Meanwhile the "rangers" follow them on rooftops, and using scoped rifles they cover the "knights'" retreat and take out anything that can pierce armour (e.g. Nemesis). This strategy is great when you have a well protected safehouse nearby. The usage of ammo is also conserved this way.
Downside: This strategy prevents long distance travel outside urban areas with nowhere to retreat. This strategy is also very exhausting for the knights and must be used in moderation.

3) Caravan
-Group: Any size (theoretically)
-Focus: Mobility and defense
This strategy focuses on using off-road vehicles for safety. This strategy is easy to use, as it only requires someone to weld spikes and blades on the vehicles and drive them through the horde. Military vehicles like tanks and APCs are best, but if survivors have only civilian vehicles at their disposal any off-road car or tractor will do. This is a great "in and out" way to pick up supplies and survivors.
Downside: This strategy's downside can be summed up in two words: FUEL and REPAIRS. The only way to make this strategy work long term is to have acces to an oil drill, rafinery and people who can operate them. Mechanics will be crucial to this strategy, since getting rotten bits of flesh and bone into a vehicle's moving parts will cause wear and tear.

4) Salty Dogs
-Group: Whatever is sustainable
-Focus: Mobility, defense and settlement
This is basically the Caravan strategy at sea (not rivers; too shallow and easy to cross). The average zombie cannot swim? Take to the sea. Make a fleet of sailboats and sail it along the coast in search for supplies. It differs from the Caravan strategy because it does not rely on speed, fuel or even any machines for that matter. Anything buoyant will do. Hell, you could even make a floating greenhouse and stay afloat for years until the epidemic blows over.
Downside: This strategy depends solely on whether or not the epidemic affects sea life. If it does, not only will the people aboard starve, but they will also have to deal with zombie sharks, dolphins and killer whales.
omegaweaponApr 7, 2013 6:18 AM
Apr 17, 2013 9:13 PM

Sep 2012
Guess I'll just be the lone survival with these loaded weapons:

Close range: Saiga-12K (with folding stock, shortened barrel, and 30 round drum mags of double 00 buckshot and slugs); HK45 Tactical

Medium range: IWI Tavor TAR-21 (with various optics, laser sighting, and grenade launcher)

Long range: Desert Tactical SRS-A1 (.338 Lapua Magnum with night optics)

Other: Grenades, stun grenades, mines, karambit knives
Jul 7, 2013 2:54 AM
Jul 2013
I know this post is kinda old but I cant agree with you when you say to get rid of guns entirely. Yes you shouldn't use guns for every situation, but in certain cases guns should be used. My general plan for weapons is always carry a loaded pistol of some kind (Preferably a Desert Eagle but a standard glock is fine) with atleast 2 spare clips, and preferably with silencers. Only use the pistols in case your cornered and need a quick few of them dropped. As for melee weapons, a nice blunt metal bat would be nice, as well as a durable military grade machete.

Rifles would defiantly be required for medium- Long Range confrontations. A regular .308 hunting rifle (The most common weapons found in america) would be suitable and again, preferably with a silencer. I cant stress the importance of a silencer, I know they can be hard to get after things go down, but if you can get one for your weapon, get it! I also know silencers dont get rid of all the sound, but I'd like 4-5 zombies come looking for the noise rather than 15+ of the zombies that would have heard it had there been no silencers.

Transportation (alone) is also required, whether its before everything goes down or after you and your group has run into the misfortune of you being the only survivor. The best transportation is your feet, cars require more fuel then you do, they're also louder, bulkier, and impossible to use on a highway full of empty cars. Training your self to jog long distances is a must. Getting your hands on a nice light weight bike is also a good idea. Travel light, move quickly, and be aware. Even if you dont need one, it would be a good idea to get your hands on a pair of hearing aids, the better you can hear, the better your aware. Remember, your never alone. Even if your on a small 10ft x 10ft deserted island, move as if your trying to hide from someone you cant see. Traveling at night can be suicidal , but sometimes it has to be necessary. For what ever the reason, its dark, and your running around with a bunch of things that attack the first thing they hear, and your making the most noise at the moment. I advise against traveling at night, but like I said, it might be necessary.

Traveling (with a group) can be the safest thing you can do, and can also be the dumbest. Travel with people that you trust to hold a gun to your head and not pull the trigger, or put a gun to the zombies head and pull the trigger when you cant. Keep the group small, anything between 2-5 people, anymore and you risk running into more fights. Check everyone for any bites or scratches before you start your journey, as well as after you finish, you dont need any scenes happening when your on the road trying to hide from a group, and mr ImImmuneToAllDiseases decided to hide a bite and turn against you right when you dont need him to. As well as when your all just settling down for the night, and the guy on watch just so happens to have hid a bit from you all and has your group as his MRE. Make sure at least one of the members your traveling with is carrying a rifle like a .308 or a .270. Other than that, everyone carries a handgun with 2 extra clips ICE and a melee weapon, blunt or sharp, their choice. Also carry distraction devices, fire works, flares, ect. for distraction and moving.

If someone in your group is bit or scratched, dont take any chances. Its all fine and dandy if you wanna keep them alive, just take their equipment and lock them in a room where you can keep an eye on them without opening the door. If they dont turn into the dead after a reasonable time, 2 days at least, then good for you, you didnt have to kill your friend, and your group doesnt have to go through any mental trauma. You've also discovered probably the only person immune to the infection. So if that does happen, YOUR working on the cure, meaning your friend will unfortunately have to die in the name of science and to cure the rest of the human race. Immunity is a double edged sword my friends.

As for shelter, take a note from the Zombie Survival Guide. No place is safe, only safer. If you've ever watched any zombie movie, ever, it only takes one person to screw it all up, and next thing you know, your "Safe house" is now overrun with the dead. You want a safe place? The roof of Mc Donalds, block off and lock the door to the roof. Any ladders going up? Block em off or make sure nothing can reach the ladder. Now set up your tent, and stay quiet. Im not saying every Mc Donalds has a way to the roof, but you get the idea, restaurant, gas station, anything with a way to a roof thats flat and defendable with atleast 2 ways up. The second floor to motels are a good place if you can destroy or block the stairs.

Theres my two cents, hope it helps some people.
Sep 6, 2013 9:17 PM
Mar 2013
What do you guys think would be a good cheap rifle for the zombie apocalypse?
Oct 1, 2013 1:14 PM
Nov 2008
id think an m4 would be a lower costing rifle but your talking prices of 300 and up.

stealth would be the smartest move, and stay with one other person minimal. also i would reccomend that everyone learn a little bit of parkour, at least to their physical level. thats just one mor skill that seperates you from the zombie or zombies
Oct 1, 2013 1:17 PM
Nov 2008
id think an m4 would be a lower costing rifle but your talking prices of 300 and up.

stealth would be the smartest move, and stay with one other person minimal. also i would reccomend that everyone learn a little bit of parkour, at least to their physical level. thats just one mor skill that seperates you from the zombie or zombies
Jan 10, 2014 11:45 PM
Jan 2014
Hell i'd like if someone would give me a rough estimate of my survival
1. i lived in a house that has very big metal gates on my verandah and garage. I also have a wodden back door (easy for rigging explosives) and multiple non protected windows
2. I live on a very big lot 9 acres with lots of trees so wood isent a problem (fires, distractions, barricades)
3. I am very intellignet but very unathletic an unable to handle a weapon
4. My mother is rather big and my sisters are also unathelitic, However, My dad is rather perfect physique rather brave and owns a truck (ramming vechile maybe)
5.I have a very emotional attachments to my family but own 5 dogs 1 horse and a cat
6.My family owns little weapons eg.guns but own multiple melee weapons eg. axes shovels
7. My dad is skilled with a gun
8. I live away from the roads and have a nearby source of fuel and food
so if someone could give me my chances of survival for both if we stayed at home and if we went on the move THANKS.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» zombie games

Sajaho - Oct 22, 2010

5 by GodOfJustice »»
Aug 20, 2014 11:29 AM

» Our Chances Against Zombies And Why

bwood202 - Jan 10, 2014

0 by bwood202 »»
Jan 10, 2014 11:51 PM

» zombie questions

Sajaho - Jul 13, 2010

15 by bwood202 »»
Jan 10, 2014 10:30 PM

» Whats your favorite zombie movie and/or game

Sajaho - Jan 20, 2010

34 by Kannei »»
Oct 29, 2013 9:53 PM

Poll: » Well I guess I m making the cards now until you ...

Bl4ckEnvy - Nov 7, 2012

7 by Sasuke_Hugo »»
Oct 9, 2013 8:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.