Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

This anime would be better in a serious style instead of panties and boobs.

New
Mar 9, 2011 2:12 AM
Mar 2011
Discuss.
Mar 9, 2011 2:29 AM

Aug 2009
It wouldn't.
/thread
Mar 9, 2011 10:04 PM

Jun 2008
MrKnD said:
It wouldn't.
/thread

Agreed, the manga version is also ecchi, and the "seriousness" is not that much better.

Panties and boobs is NOT the problem!
Mar 12, 2011 6:09 PM

Nov 2010
I agree, smaller boobs to make show more realistic, to big is to much ...
Mar 13, 2011 1:18 AM

May 2010
I only watch the show because of the panties and boobs, if the show was serious style it still wouldn't change the fact that the story sucks.
Mar 13, 2011 5:29 PM
Apr 2010
what story? O.O
Mar 14, 2011 12:45 AM

May 2007
Watch this for ecchi anime in a nutshell.

Mar 27, 2011 11:42 PM

Jul 2008
I half agree. It's not so much as the severity of the fanservice as it is the frequency. The anime had so many exploding clothes scenes compared to the manga it kind of ruined it for me. I can watch a fight scene without seeing a girls shirt get ripped off 4 times, thank you.
Mar 28, 2011 12:17 PM

Nov 2009
Actually the anime would be better if they would just stick tho the original work. Have boobs where they should be(and belive me the manga has around 10% of the anime ecchiness) don't cut out the gore parts(it's funny how the can show of boobs cuz it's the uncensored version, but they mercilessly cut out almost all blood and gore.) and for god sake don't make unnecessary plot changes.
Mar 28, 2011 8:07 PM
Dec 2010
I'm only here for the fanservice. So no thank you

I agree that they should have stuck to the original amount of echhiness from the manga though.
Mar 29, 2011 7:54 AM
Mar 2011
The whole point of Freezing is panties, boobs and catfights. But I agree that the boobs are a bit too big for my taste.
Mar 29, 2011 10:37 AM

Mar 2010
I like it the way it is so far

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 29, 2011 1:39 PM

May 2008
I would prefer it to be more serious (If done well, would be amazing to me,) but the source material isn't bad. The anime really went over the top with the fanservice.
fmiu
Apr 3, 2011 1:56 PM

May 2010
This show is perfect the way it is. It's so bad that it's good.
-z-Apr 3, 2011 1:59 PM
Apr 6, 2011 7:36 PM

Mar 2011
lets be real here the anime is almost never as good as a manga or LN but i enjoy having both sides of the coin the massive ecchi side being the anime and the more serious side being the manga which is perfectly fine for me

the only problem i have with the anime is them getting rid of the amusement park and how soon stella-sempai found out about the whole sister stigma thing which is pretty much came up after the anime would end

oh Stella Sempai
Apr 6, 2011 7:54 PM

Aug 2009
The fanservice is better than the plot unfortunately.

Edit: And the fanservice isn't even that good...
SoundtrackApr 8, 2011 1:44 PM
Apr 6, 2011 9:13 PM

Mar 2010
Precisely the reason I dropped it after only 3 eps..
Apr 8, 2011 10:55 AM

Oct 2009
The boobs definitely were ridiculous, but it wasn't all that bad. I think it definitely would be better if they toned down the fan service a little though.
Apr 8, 2011 9:22 PM

Mar 2010
In this topic, we get mad at an anime title because it's not as chaste as the other.

I mean... "A Serious Style w/ Panties & Boobs." I don't see where the problem is.

\thread.
Apr 9, 2011 3:13 AM

Jan 2010
The manga is much better because it doesn't have NEARLY as much nudity or clothes ripping like in the anime. I wish they didn't fuck that up and left it mostly untouched.

That beauty pageant episode just made me cringe. It was a total anime original that went full retard.
My tastes > your tastes.
Apr 9, 2011 12:10 PM
Jun 2010
I watch ecchi animes so I can bitch about the fanservice afterwards. Hurr Durr.

For reals, you get what you are TOLD YOU ARE GETTING. This show had a good mix for the genres it set out to portray.
Apr 10, 2011 4:34 PM
Jan 2010
For most of it, I ignore the fanservice, and the show is actually pretty good.
Apr 13, 2011 5:22 AM
Oct 2007
I'd agree. This anime would be so much better if there wasn't senseless ripping up of clothes, that makes no sense whatsoever.. I feel it detracts from the anime. =/
Apr 13, 2011 7:34 AM

Jun 2008
alexcampos said:
MrKnD said:
It wouldn't.
/thread

Agreed, the manga version is also ecchi, and the "seriousness" is not that much better.

But the manga manages to keep it at a level where it doesn't make things look ridiculous. The anime went totally overboard.

Rob3rt said:
The whole point of Freezing is panties, boobs and catfights.

No it's not. The way they made the anime just made it seem that way. The manga throws a little fanservice at the first chapters but after that it actually develops quite well in terms of action and plot. Sure it still throws a little fanservice here and there but it doesn't dictate the role of the story like in the anime and because of that it doesn't get annoying.

Actually the thing that makes Freezing anime so annoying is exactly because it had so much potential and they wasted it by making it a boob show. It's fine making a boob fanservice show but not when you doing it in the expense of something that could have been awesome otherwise.
The Freezing manga is quite interesting but it also leaves open a big way for a creative director to make it even more awesome in anime form by adding a few clever things but instead they butchered it than improving it. The manga isn't a complete genius work that shouldn't have a panel changed. But is a good basis for something even greater for someone who can see the potential. Yet it seems like it was adapted by monkeys.
That's what happens when you have untalented people or people with no passion, inspiration and love for the work they are doing.
Ether that or they are just horny idiots which will make them good in just working in some hentai anime or adaptations of erotic manga instead.

lime93 said:
I only watch the show because of the panties and boobs, if the show was serious style it still wouldn't change the fact that the story sucks.

That's what people don't get. The story came as sucking exactly because they turned it into a boob show.
They skipped scenes ans character interactions so they can show boobs and they fast forwards fights and events so they can quickly go back to boobs. Thus making the story cripple and making the viewer have nothing to watch but the boobs.
The manga isn't Queens Blade echii story and they tried to make the anime exactly like that.
Yes the only thing left to watch is the fanservice exactly because they destroyed the story.
If it was made more serious it would have looked like a completely different show and suddenly the story and character would have been more interesting.
MonadApr 13, 2011 8:05 AM
Apr 20, 2017 11:34 AM

Nov 2009
Hageshiikaze said:

For reals, you get what you are TOLD YOU ARE GETTING. This show had a good mix for the genres it set out to portray.

My problem with this show is, the mix of genres didn't work. I generally like seeing panties and breasts, cause I'm a man. But I do not have the time or desire to watch them when there is an intense fight and lots of abuse, both physical and psychological, going on.
Is it some fetish that makes one lust after obviously seriously wounded girls? Cause I don't have it.

adis said:
Actually the anime would be better if they would just stick tho the original work. Have boobs where they should be(and belive me the manga has around 10% of the anime ecchiness) don't cut out the gore parts(it's funny how the can show of boobs cuz it's the uncensored version, but they mercilessly cut out almost all blood and gore.) and for god sake don't make unnecessary plot changes.

So, the manga is even gorier? I guess it's a good thing I am not watching it.
Apr 21, 2017 6:11 PM

Nov 2009
flannan said:
Hageshiikaze said:

My problem with this show is, the mix of genres didn't work. I generally like seeing panties and breasts, cause I'm a man. But I do not have the time or desire to watch them when there is an intense fight and lots of abuse, both physical and psychological, going on.
Is it some fetish that makes one lust after obviously seriously wounded girls? Cause I don't have it.

adis said:

For the manga to be even gorier would imply that the anime adaptation had some gore in the first place.
Apr 21, 2017 9:46 PM

Nov 2009
adis said:
flannan said:

For the manga to be even gorier would imply that the anime adaptation had some gore in the first place.

*Flashback to the part where teacher has her arm fall off in a battle*
Okay, if that's "doesn't have gore", I'm totally not watching the manga.
Jun 7, 2019 12:41 AM
Mar 2018
I dont think so LOL,I usually drop ecchi anime but I like this one xD, it was so sexy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Freezing Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kiba1996 - Feb 25, 2011

96 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 18, 2011

94 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Feb 12, 2011

78 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 4, 2011

99 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 21, 2011

127 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 9:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.