Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 7, 2010 2:30 PM

Dec 2009
Who could ever forget the musical works of the seiyuu-unit Weiß? With arrangements by Kazuya Nishioka and music by his band, MIND DIVE, their concerts were so much fangirl fun!! It's a shame both groups disbanded soon after.

Anyhow, I was wondering, what songs are everyone's favorites:
- Group song
- Character/solo song (each boy)
- Duet

What's your favorite:
- CD album (group's music only, not dramatic)
- Anime OP and ED theme
- Concert

My favorite group songs are Last in My Winds, Velvet Underworld, and Shadows & Lights. It's really hard to choose. *_*

Image songs, I adore Omi's Suicide Seaside and Truth (music is awesome); Ken's Isotype-Newtype; Yoji's The Minority; and Aya's Blue Mask and Kami wa Taisetsu na Mono wo Kizutsukeru (God Hurts Those He Loves). Of course I also LOVE all the Schwarz image songs, and while Farfarello's Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me is my favorite, Nagi's Mayfly is super-dear to my heart. ♥

The best duet in my opinion is Perfect Stranger between Takehito Koyasu and Shinichirou Miki. I dunno why but I always love watching them perform that on stage.

My favorite CD is their "Schlag des Herzens"; OP is the OVA No Reason and ED the first theme Stone Roses for the Glühen series; and my favorite concert is "Glühen"... I think... "Das Ewige Dasein" was amazing, too.
hlwarJan 30, 2011 9:56 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 7, 2010 2:33 PM

Dec 2009
Helpful links:

Discography and purchase link

To sample all their songs, visit the YouTube Channel of member SakShaTsu. She also uploaded the MVs for Takehito Koyasu's latest Weiß-esque work, Velvet Underworld.
Oct 9, 2010 8:19 PM

Apr 2008
My favorite WK CD is the piano solos. That disc is almost always in my car. I love it so much.
Oct 15, 2010 9:48 AM

Oct 2010
Hm, I haven’t listened to every single album, so I can’t give a really complete answer here, but my favorite group song is definitely ‘No Surrender.’ I can listen to it over and over and over again, heh. My second favorite group song is ‘Otherside of the Moon.’

My favorite character image song is Aya’s (I don’t think it has a name other than Aya’s theme, right?) I love the guitar in it. It has a really…southwestern feel to it for me. Whenever I hear it, it brings to mind gunslingers facing off at high noon or something. (I’m probably weird.) I think they overused it a bit in the show, a lot of people probably got tired of that one.

I don’t think I’ve heard every image song though. I’m only familiar with the ones from the TV soundtrack. I’ve only listened to 2 of the drama CDs, so I know I’m missing a lot. I remember someone let me listen to Schwarz’s at one point, but I never had copies of them so I can’t remember any of those well.

My favorite ED is ‘It’s too Late.’ Hmm, I’m not sure which is my favorite OP. The Velvet Underworld one stays in my memory better than anything else, I’m not sure what the others were.

And I don’t know what category it would fit in, but I really love the song that’s track 13 on the Dramatic Image Album I (last track and only song, I have no idea its name.) It’s really pretty, and I like the melancholy tone to it. It might actually be my favorite out of all of their songs I’ve heard.

For favorite albums, I really like the Best album and Tagesanbruch. I had a copy of the Best album a very long time before I heard the other one, so that’s the album I’ve played the most times for sure. I also really liked the Glühen soundtrack.

Least favorite album would probably be Tanz Glühen. I found it to be more or less a boring version of the orginal Gluhen CD. And the track list was really disappointingly short, if I remember right. I almost never play that one. It only comes out if I’m in a super Weissy mood and I’ve already played through all the rest of my WK music.

Generally speaking the Weiss music was sort of hit or miss for me. I always found the background music phenomenal. But my personal taste doesn’t go so much for more than one voice singing simultaneously, so often the vocals put me off a little. I really like track 17 from the Best album for example, because they each had significant solo portions to the song. I think all 4 of them are really great vocalists, but I prefer hearing them each independently. I wish they’d done a greater volume of songs like that.

Oh my, I ramble, don’t I?
Oct 15, 2010 2:48 PM

Apr 2008
I should mention I love "Otherside of the Moon". I replay that music video over and over again. I also really love "Velvet Underworld".

I just clicked the link and cracked myself up. I own one of those CDs. The other ones I own aren't listed. Maybe I'll scan the covers and post them so y'all know what I'm talking about.
Oct 18, 2010 1:12 PM

Dec 2009
duotrouble said:
I just clicked the link and cracked myself up. I own one of those CDs. The other ones I own aren't listed. Maybe I'll scan the covers and post them so y'all know what I'm talking about.

Yeah, it's really hard to find a comprehensive website (fan or otherwise) that has the entire discography. I wish Jey Kama's Aya no Weiß kreuz Corner had stayed alive and active as it was one of the best sites dedicated to the series. But it hasn't been updated since the end of 2001 so it's missing all the Glühen stuff (and some of the links are broken).
hlwarJan 8, 2011 11:05 AM
Oct 18, 2010 2:16 PM

Oct 2010
hlwar said:
I wish Jey Kama's Aya no Weiß kreuz Corner had stayed alive and active as it was one of the best sites dedicated to the series.

Me too!!! That was my WK go-to site for years, the place I first read the translation of the manga, etc. It made me really sad when I realized more recently how many of the links were broken there. ;__;
Oct 19, 2010 11:43 AM
May 2010
Mmm... i really, really like: Gluchen.
Listening almost every day.
Jul 9, 2012 11:53 PM

Dec 2009
(⌒▽⌒)☆

So I joined a community on Last.fm not too long ago, and the overall concept of the group was for disbanded visual kei bands. In a thread about which group members missed the most, someone actually listed Weiß. That got me thinking.

Do you guys consider them visual kei? Because they dressed like this:

I realize the umbrella term of "visual kei" has nothing to do with style of music, but rather encompasses groups that base their concept and genre around their LOOK (clothing, make-up, aesthetics). Honestly, I'd never considered Weiß visual kei because I come from the seiyuu fandom, where it's usually a "seiyuu unit", and no seiyuu to my knowledge has ever had a visual kei career. Aside from that, I just thought of Weiß as seiyuu in COSPLAY.

But it's a visual theme, so... I suppose they could have been. Right?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Introductions!

duotrouble - Oct 12, 2010

6 by duotrouble »»
Aug 14, 2016 9:48 PM

» [CLOSED] Gather the Hunters

hlwar - Sep 3, 2010

11 by hlwar »»
Jan 5, 2013 10:41 AM

» [CLOSED] Member Cards~!!

hlwar - Jul 23, 2010

21 by hlwar »»
Jan 5, 2013 10:40 AM

» Velvet Underworld

hlwar - Jul 21, 2012

2 by hlwar »»
Aug 22, 2012 5:21 PM

» Live action series

duotrouble - Nov 14, 2010

18 by hlwar »»
Jul 8, 2011 9:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.