Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 3, 2010 1:36 AM

Feb 2010
Just don't do it. Ignore this warning at your own peril.

You are doing yourself a horrible disservice by listening to the English dub of this. I know, I own the DVD aka dual audio. Stick with the SUB version and Jap Audio.
Very few of the characters are actually voiced well. Many of the VA's are still very green and have little to no emotion, and just sound outright flat or off. There are a few good voice overs and Mai is one of them thankfully. But Carol-Anne Day can't hold up the rest of the cast by herself.

If you have ever wondered why it is so hard to find a torrent of the eng dub this is why as well...

Oh and if you are wondering I still gave the show a 9/10 based on the sub version.

This public service announcement is brought you you by....
We will never forget those that have fallen for our freedom!
Dec 12, 2010 12:29 PM

Mar 2010
To top it off, the japanese audio has terrible voice acting as well - my ears can attest to that, I've never encounter such a large number of unpleasant voices in anime before in its original audio. I really had to mute the sound sometimes.

Basically, I think you're screwed either way. This show is kind of terrible, too. Now I remember why I didn't watch it for months ....
Dec 20, 2010 11:58 AM

Feb 2010
Loved the show, and the Jap dub is fine or even good. But the English one is horrible.
We will never forget those that have fallen for our freedom!
Mar 15, 4:01 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to Tasolth
Loved the show, and the Jap dub is fine or even good. But the English one is horrible.
While I'm just three episodes into the show, the Dub seems perfectly fine to me. The big three female characters all sound well characterized and the male characters are particularly sounding on key in my opinion. Hope the trend continues, but if you want an opposing opinion, don't shy away from the dub it holds up in the early going at the very least. I'll try to return later on to see if it holds up all the way thru to the very ending.@Tasolth

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mai-HiME Episode 25 Discussion

Veronin - Nov 19, 2008

17 by Sasutaschi »»
Feb 22, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Mai-HiME Episode 24 Discussion

Veronin - Nov 18, 2008

15 by Sasutaschi »»
Feb 4, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Mai-HiME Episode 23 Discussion

Veronin - Nov 18, 2008

25 by Sasutaschi »»
Feb 3, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Mai-HiME Episode 22 Discussion

kitsunekarasu - Nov 13, 2008

14 by Sasutaschi »»
Feb 3, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Mai-HiME Episode 20 Discussion

Retro8bit - Nov 15, 2008

44 by Sasutaschi »»
Feb 2, 4:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.