Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 7, 2010 7:25 AM
Feb 2009
http://nnl1.com/

No Name Losers, once a fan-subbing organization, have recently received a cease and desist from Minori, a producer of Visual Novels which NNL themselves focused on subbing for the English-speaking fanbase. However, there has been recent discussions between the two groups, and it appears that NNL has been granted permission to officially translate one of Minori's visual novels into English for the small but dedicated english fanbase. BUT ONLY ONE.

On their site you'll see they have a poll of which visual novel they should translate, seemingly leaving it up to the fans to make the decision. I know this may seem cheap, but I, as a dedicated ef fan, implore any who read this to vote 'ef - a fairy tale of the two' upward! It's all I can do as a fan, to spread the word.

If you don't know what ef is, then I highly encourage you to check out the anime series: 'ef - a tale of memories' and the sequel 'ef - a tale of melodies'. ef is not just another story, it's a masterpiece of animated drama. It's quite possibly the most emotionally impacting thing I've ever watched in my life, and that's saying a lot considering I'm also a Clannad fanboy. Some of the most beautiful art and dialogue ever made is in ef, and it would be a real shame to see it lose it's one chance at gaining a greater fanbase in the West.

If you approve of heartrending artworks of the Japanese Visual Novel, Manga and Anime scene, then you'd be crazy not to vote ef. Do us minority fanbase proud, otakus!

(Extracted from my blog, Kakera Complex: http://kakeracomplex.blogspot.com/2010/09/help-nominate-ef-for-english-release.htmll)
Sep 7, 2010 7:24 PM

Jul 2008
Thanks for posting this.

I actually managed to get my hands on their translation before the cease and desist notice was issued, but I want to play a complete version some day. I voted and re-posted this in a forum on TVTropes, as there's a whole bunch of fans there too. :D

I am the senpai that notices you.

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Nov 21, 2007

279 by mattchoo »»
Feb 3, 4:46 PM

» Popularity of this show?? For people who watched when it came out

kcvthewrld - Sep 8, 2023

6 by flomu »»
Nov 27, 2023 12:52 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

radiantfire - Dec 22, 2007

332 by salarx »»
Nov 10, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - Dec 12, 2007

196 by AaronPvP »»
Aug 19, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Dec 17, 2007

195 by FarCritical »»
May 5, 2023 8:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.