Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 3, 2010 2:12 PM

Dec 2009
I ♥ seiyuu! But I thought it was interesting how the two protagonist leads in Stranger were not professional VAs, rather singers and screen actors: Tomoya Nagase (Nanashi) is lead singer of TOKIO, and Yuuri Chinen (Kotarou) is a member of the young boy-band Hey! Say! JUMP.

They did an amazing job, though! What do you guys think? Any favorite voices?

I haven't attempted the English dub version, however some of the actors are names I know and admire (like Scott McNeil and Brian Drummond). Any opinions on the English cast (or any other dub version made)?
hlwarFeb 13, 2011 12:15 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 9, 2010 7:14 AM

Oct 2009
I remember knowing Miyano Mamoru voiced one of the characters in Sword of the Stranger before I saw the movie (I didn't know which character, though), and I was listening very closely the whole time to recognize his voice XD I succeeded in distinguishing his voice, and I was really proud of myself XD
But I didn't know Kotarou's voice actor is one of the members of Hey! Say! JUMP!! I know the band (not very well, though), but now I'll definitely start listening to their songs again!! ^^
Thanks for the music samples, now we can all enjoy their beautiful voices even more!! ^^
I haven't heard the English dub yet neither, so I can't say anything about that...
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Member cards

ae-werin - Aug 25, 2010

34 by -Ter- »»
Aug 3, 2019 10:40 AM

» Fan art corner

ae-werin - Feb 19, 2011

2 by ae-werin »»
Apr 7, 2011 4:56 AM

Poll: » Favorite Character?

hlwar - Nov 28, 2010

3 by Bara_Rock »»
Feb 12, 2011 12:39 AM

» Five words - Nanashi - CLOSED

ae-werin - Aug 30, 2010

6 by ae-werin »»
Feb 9, 2011 11:43 AM

» What do you like about this movie?

ae-werin - Aug 28, 2010

9 by ae-werin »»
Feb 5, 2011 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.