Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 23, 2010 6:48 PM

Dec 2009
Time for another Poll! ;)

One of the things I loved most about this series was the slick fight sequences! There was a lot of high-energy action which was perfectly realized; in fact, it's rare to find an anime with such thought-out fighting scenes. Usually the characters have such wondrous, special powers that one attack has the enemy down for the count. Tokyo Majin gives its kids supernatural powers, but they still have to wield it with skill and tactics, and they do struggle - especially going up against enemies with more training. Aside from the fantasy spells and curses, there is also a good deal of cool weaponry and martial arts which were awesome!

So who would you say is the best fighter in the show?

I have to admit, I am pretty torn. Aoi and Yukino Oribe have one of my favorite weapons - the Naginata. However, they both only wielded theirs very traditionally, like you'd see at a competition. I would have liked to see some added flare, personal style, just for that oooh-aaah factor. (LOL)

Fighting-wise, I really like Raito Umon and Hisui Kisaragi because both have the most skill and professionalism, which they display in their intro episodes. Raito shows some good moves against the Magami Five when they first meet, besting Kyouichi, Daigo AND Komaki all at once.

His original weapon is (I'm guessing) a three-section wushu staff that somehow magically becomes a full-blown gilded quarter staff, and in the second season he gets a spear-headed polearm. But talk about flare with a weapon - he can maintain his staff in conjunction with his martial arts, and uses it for incantations!

Of course, let's not forget his Dragon Stream-granted power of manipulating electricity. It always looks so cool when the corneas of his eyes light up! *_*

And then there is rational, stoic Kisaragi, whose whole purpose in life is to fight against the Dark Arts. This wizened teenager has studied Ninjitsu since he was a chubby tot, and is quick, agile and precise. He shows all of this in his cool intro, in which he displays how versatile he is with weapons, starting with using what would become Tatsuma Hiyuu's signature item, the hand armor:

I admire anyone who can throw multiple daggers, and loved it whenever Kisaragi drew his fan of kunai (his signature).

Not only that, but like Raito, he studied how to cast and counter spells and curses. I appreciated how in his introduction to the Magami Five, he also bit his thumb and drew his blood over his blades before using against the demon. Keeps everything nice and tight, even though they don't continue to show you this ritual throughout the rest of the series (it's supposed to be implied).

It's really so hard to choose between them! O_O But... I cast my vote for Other (Raito Umon).
hlwarJun 27, 2011 10:53 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 25, 2010 3:10 AM

Jan 2008
Well,

Tatsuma imo but that's mostly due to his special power. I think if they went all out against one another, then Tatsuma would take the top as the best fighter.

However, if you don't count that in, I'd say that Kisaragi is actually the strongest due to his versatility and Raito comes second. You already elaborated most of it for me, so I don't have to. xD

I was thinking of listing a top 5 but, it's too hard. xD
Aug 25, 2010 8:31 AM

Jan 2010
I think that Kisaragi is the best when it comes to skills. He has a good momentum, balance, he is pretty flexible, he doesn't loose control that easy and he practices a lot. Practice makes perfection they say.

Well, on the other hand, he is the only one who underwent, despite Tatsuma from the one mentioned above, who underwent serious training. He would be better if he wasn't struggling too much.

So, one vote for Kisaragi.
Aug 26, 2010 11:32 PM
Aug 2010
tatsumas the shit period.... so vote for him people it shudnt be weakass kouichi leading the poles...so cmon people
Aug 26, 2010 11:50 PM
Aug 2010

vote or die!!!!
Aug 30, 2010 1:10 PM

May 2009
I vote for Komaki, cause archers always make me think of elves, and elves are sexy.
And she's a good fighter also.
Sep 23, 2010 11:15 PM

Dec 2009
EnkoKasumi said:
I vote for Komaki, cause archers always make me think of elves, and elves are sexy.
And she's a good fighter also.

Ahh~ but who is the better archer, Komaki or Hinano Oribe? ;)
Hina is much too passive to be the best fighter, though, that's for sure.
Dec 6, 2010 4:56 PM

Dec 2009
Vote, vote, vote!
You have an opinion, we wanna know it! ;)

You're right, Tsunamu, it really is hard to choose a top five. Obviously I'd go with Raito and Kisaragi to lead the ranks, but after them, it's difficult. I think Kyouichi is a good fighter, very rough-n-tumble with street-smart wits; but he can get too caught up in the heat of the moment, as well as his anger. And then Tatsuma is clearly well trained, and he is thoughtful and resourceful... but he was nearly bested by Tendou Kodzunu, and I'm not sure if Kureha could have kicked his butt or not (they are trained the same).

Tatsuma vs. Tendou. Kureha vs. Tatsuma. Who would win? It really could be anybody's game...
Dec 12, 2010 5:10 PM

Jun 2009
Kyouichi (your vote)
ur vote :p
Gabriel

Dec 25, 2010 10:54 PM

Dec 2010
Tatsuma is the strongest I believe. He is always using his wits to fight and usually never misses an attack. He is smart, controls his strength instead of rushing into battle blindly like Kyouichi(Though he rocks at fighting too), and Tatsuma has gone through special training even before he went through that magical power change. Therefore, more experienced and knowledgeable.
Huh? What?! A zoo? A world zoo?! Do not touch or feed the nations?! ~ Spain, Hetaoni
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Questions, theories and facts (spoilers & pic heavy)

hlwar - Aug 5, 2010

48 by Timbauros »»
Mar 2, 2021 2:40 PM

» Tokyo Majin Gakuen Games

hlwar - Jun 3, 2013

1 by Yuki_Nitta »»
Jul 30, 2016 10:26 PM

» [CLOSED] Member Cards

hlwar - Jul 15, 2010

40 by hlwar »»
Jan 5, 2013 11:04 AM

» ACID ♫♪

hlwar - May 4, 2010

18 by hlwar »»
Jan 5, 2013 10:54 AM

» Claim a Character [Round One OPEN]

hlwar - Sep 9, 2010

8 by KyousukeImadori »»
Dec 7, 2012 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.