Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 27, 2010 5:20 PM

Jul 2010
Okay, to those who may be a little confused by it, the word "geekness" is one we created to help when describing one's passion, be it video games, science fiction, gardening, sports statistics, music, automobiles, etc, etc.

In truth, the word "connoisseur" is just a very polite way of calling someone (or yourself), a geek.

Don't worry if you have more than one geekness though, as we're interested in whatever your passion may be (keep it clean though - we have to err on the politically correct side or it's countdown to cancellation time).

And how are geeks different from nerds? Well a geek doesn't let their passion dominate their life, and is willing to share their knowledge with others. Nerds can also do this, but they're a bit more extreme with what they know, and are less likely to converse.

There's nobody in this world who isn't a geek of one sort or another, so what's your geekness?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 27, 2010 6:18 PM

Jun 2009
Anime (watched more than I can remember) ... and Shellby's (yes.. the car ... love the car) ... hmm... ancient weaponry as well (I have some really nice swords, and now a couple bows & a large assortment of arrows ... lol ) Oh and D&D of course (where else would the nick come from ?)... old table top versions though.. I don't like to play games on the computer... mainly cause I get obsessive :P so I just don't do it... And of course... dragons... lots n lots of dragons...

This is funny though... I've always played a lot of druids because it's a character I feel close to... however lately with taking up archery.. and yes I took a beginners falconry course a few yrs back... and I plan to take up fencing/ sword play in the next few yrs... so the running joke is IRL.. I'm duel classing as a ranger >,<
*shrug*

Nov 4, 2011 6:50 PM

Nov 2010
Computers. I do love them.
Jan 12, 2012 2:02 PM

Sep 2010

___
2012-01-13T06:01:44+08:00
Naysayers almost effortlessly make the possible seem impossible since they usually just parrot generalized, oversimplified, or uninspired arguments. However, the proper, but significantly more difficult way to refute an idea is to discredit all major and most minor cases. In contrast, a single convincing solution can prove feasibility though it isn't a trivial pursuit either.
May 12, 2018 5:40 AM
Oct 2017
Probably I am a wrestling geek because for a reason I started it and It could somehow made my edgy side happy (don't know why though). Anime geek because animes are just like hobbies It can't control your life you could love or hate it there are plenty of them and you have many genres so I am not a otaku but an anime geek instead . Other than that maybe cartoons because I sort of like animations. They could make you forget reality and I always enjoyed them . At age 7 I was a Minecraft geek (I am still playing but not like my old self) . I always watched videos about Minecraft because it were entertaining . Hell It is still entertaining but not like old I think I got bored of It . Youtube geek could be weird but I am one of them . When I started watching Youtube videos it were only Minecraft videos but then I discovered ther are other types of channels too right now I am following 500 channels at the same time but well even though I don't always watch them I am actively following every one of them and everything is actually great so this is all .
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What are you currently watching?

Archaeon - Jun 25, 2015

8 by JG_Wezz »»
Jan 16, 2017 9:29 AM

» What are your favourite 3 "geek" movies?

Archaeon - Aug 14, 2015

2 by greebo »»
Oct 26, 2015 1:28 PM

» HALLOWEEN 2015 - What's your favourite horror/supernatural movie?

TheGeekShow - Oct 23, 2015

1 by greebo »»
Oct 26, 2015 1:09 PM

» The 12 Gifts of Christmas - The Winners

Archaeon - Dec 11, 2011

1 by Dodecahedron-O24 »»
Dec 16, 2013 3:53 PM

» Music Requests

Archaeon - Sep 10, 2010

7 by TheGeekShow »»
Nov 20, 2010 1:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.