Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 23, 2010 10:02 PM

Jan 2010
Like the title I would like an anime with a time skip at the end of the story, where its like a few years later and then shows you what happened after the events of the anime. Kind of like Gurren Lagann, it is also okay if the time skip is in the middle of the story but I would like to have an ending that leaves you satisfied and feel like the anime is completed. If the time skip is in the middle of the story it would be nice to see the main character mature more.
Jul 23, 2010 10:28 PM

Oct 2008
Jul 23, 2010 11:12 PM

Jun 2009
Blood+-one near the beginning of the end where there are massive charater maturations all around but especially for the main. Another time skip for the last couple minutes of the show to show what life is like several years after.

Requiem for the Phantom- Again, one near the beginning of the end. Huge changes to one character both in looks and personality.
Jul 23, 2010 11:13 PM
Nov 2008
...Naruto.
Jul 23, 2010 11:19 PM

Jun 2009
FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood
There are two one towards the end and one showing what happens later shown through pictures in the ending.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 23, 2010 11:58 PM

Aug 2009
You know you've always got Terra e for time skip( but at the middle more towards the beginning), the main character doesn't physically mature obtrusively, but he indeed mentally becomes more mature. The good side is that you got to see not only the lead but also some of the side characters grow. If I remember correctly, there's one more time skip during the later part of the series as well.
ForsakenArcherJul 24, 2010 12:05 AM
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Jul 24, 2010 12:04 AM

Apr 2009
Aria the Origination
Canaan
Digimon Adventure 02
Ga-Rei -Zero-
Inuyasha Kanketsu-hen
Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra
Toradora!
Welcome to the NHK!

Also strongly seconding Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~, and Mobile Suit Gundam 00.
Jul 24, 2010 12:04 PM

Jan 2010
Thanks for the replies, I've seen some of the animes you've mentioned, some of the animes were already on my planned to watch list anyways, good to know since now I am even more eager to watch them.
Jul 24, 2010 7:25 PM

Aug 2009
noein - mou hitori no kimi e shows some time skips later on in the series. long story short, it shows different dimensions, where the main characters can see their possible futures.

voices of a distant star has long periods of time before the characters can even interact with each other.

juuni kokuki has some time skips, although i haven't seen the whole thing yet.
Jul 24, 2010 7:37 PM

Dec 2009
Voices of a Distant Star, Mnemosyne, and Diebuster are all anime with a timeskip as the central theme.
Jul 24, 2010 7:45 PM

Sep 2008
ReaperEXE said:

Toradora!

really? I don't remember that part in which there was a timeskip?

LadySylvanas said:
You know you've always got Terra e for time skip( but at the middle more towards the beginning), the main character doesn't physically mature obtrusively, but he indeed mentally becomes more mature. The good side is that you got to see not only the lead but also some of the side characters grow. If I remember correctly, there's one more time skip during the later part of the series as well.

2nd and a very good anime it is

also how bout trying the following:

5 Centimeters per Second - 3 OVA's that timeskips in each episode...great animu
Cross Game - first see them as little kids in episode 1 and then timeskips thereafter
Gungrave - reverse timeskip where you see them in the future as they are, and then reverts back to when they were younger, and then back to the future...another great animu
Trigun - considering this guy don't grow old, you see several timeskips in his life...classic anime which I'm surprised you haven't seen!
Tegami Bachi - See the main prot as a little kid in ep.1 and then timeskips several years later as he starts his adventure
Jul 24, 2010 8:40 PM
Jul 2018
shadowsword said:
Death Note, Mobile Suit Gundam 00

ttgl
naruto
trigun(flash backs)
lucky star

More topics from this board

» Short Series Recs (12-26 eps).

pludel2 - Yesterday

5 by WatchTillTandava »»
1 hour ago

» ROMANCE, ROMANCE, ROMANCE!

Maryie - Apr 10, 2019

12 by Af2zl »»
5 hours ago

» Hyouka alike protagonist containing shows?

AlwaysBiggerFish - 9 hours ago

0 by AlwaysBiggerFish »»
9 hours ago

» Romance Manga/Anime with chubby female love interest

Jhida - May 20, 2015

9 by JadaH23 »»
10 hours ago

» Looking for harem + ecchi + adventure

aizen_sosuke3162 - Yesterday

2 by Longnines »»
Yesterday, 4:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.