Forums
New
Jul 10, 2010 3:00 AM

Nov 2007
Type of Fiction: Fanfiction
Genre: Romance, school life, SOL
Fiction Involved: Monstergirl Encyclopedia
Rating: M (Adult Themes)
Synopsis: I had this urge to write a story with a lamia in it, I dunno why. It uses the monstergirl encyclopedia for character reference only and I take quite a few liberties with those. As a result, most of the work is original writing but I decided to label it as fanfic.
Anyway, I am in the process of writing it, albeit slowly, and I plan to work on it through the summer. I came up with a title just now, but I'll probably change it once I have a few more chapters hammered out. I figure I'm doing what I can to keep this club semi-alive for the time being.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prolouge:

All members of the “Monster Races” are hereby stripped of any and all preexisting rights and privileges including but not limited to those of reproduction and human interaction. FDA approved compound A3Z7 will be administered to all members of the “Monster Races” currently residing in the United States of America.

Article 1 Subsection 4 of the 2018 Addendum to the Monster Control Act

This is just one of many laws around the world, created in response to the exposure of the monster races. At first, the strange creatures were explained away as mutations, genetic experiments, freaks of nature, but when indisputable proof of their existence was displayed at the UN Summit in 2017, the average man's view of the world was turned on its head; mythos became fact, fantastic stories, long ridiculed, became truth, and the world of demons and spirits became all that much closer. What was more shocking, was the fact that some of these “monsters” were living among humans, disguising their presence for the better part of a millennia.
Around the world, friends, neighbors, coworkers, all became targets of violence and exploitation for being something besides “human”. Parents didn't want their chldren anywhere near the “monsters”, people accused their coworkers of using “monster trickery” to gain the upper hand, and nobody trusted the race that spent the last 1000 years spinning tales and hiding their own existence. In many countries marshal law was instated and a witch hunt for the “special” members of society began, the likes of which rivaled that of the Nazis during the second world war. Internment camps and mandatory government registration were only the tip of the iceberg; anti-monster regulation spread like wildfire, each country creating harsher laws than the last.
On May 31, 2018, compound A2Z7 was discovered. This, abomination, had a single purpose: to rewrite the monsters' biological clock and in doing so, remove the entire race's libido and will to live. The discovery was heralded as the savior of the human race and was forcibly administered in nearly all parts of the world to great effect. Historians at the time called it the Golden Age of Humanity. Never before, had the human race joined together and shared all their knowledge and resources to combat the threat facing humanity's future.
But it was not to last. Slowly, the nations of the world realized the value of their new prisoners. New medicines and a wealth of advanced genetic code led to a new arms race, to breed stronger, deadlier, and more obedient tools of war.
What followed was a war of horrific sorts: not a single drop of human blood was spilled on the battlefields, instead, genetically modified monsters gave their lives blindly for masters that didn't even respect their right to exist. This war continued for the worse part of a decade, and during that time, the few groups of unmodified monsters kept for breeding stock began to realize that the A2Z7 was loosing its potency; not enough to turn them into the lustful creatures they once were, but enough to make them realize that they had nothing else to loose. An underground movement sprung up, slowly at first, but then it picked up momentum as more and more monsters felt the effects of A2Z7 wane. The few countries that harbored the monsters took advantage of the protracted war and the 3 Year Revolution began.
The revolution was the first war with humanity the monsters had ever faced, but that didn't stop them. Fueled by 10 years of enslavement, the monsters struck back from within. One by one, the countries fell. The people had grown lazy and had given up training themselves in the art of war, they had their slaves for that. By the end of the first year, only the USA and Russia managed to resist the monsters onslaught. The next two years saw a virtual stalemate with the USA and Russia running low on genetic stock and the monsters recovering from nearly zero population growth for the past decade.
In 2032, a peace accord was signed between the two races. Slowly, they began to integrate their cultures, but it was not without growing pains. In the few remaining neutral countries, mainly ones with their cities and economies intact, small test cases to see how monsters and humans could coexist were held. Many of the test cases failed due to old prejudices and hurts. One successful test rose to become the guiding light for peaceful coexistence. A small school showed the world that the two races could live together if both sides were the best that they could be.
Built in the country of New Zealand, the school was established to teach the next generation of ambassadors and to show the world the best and brightest of both races. Students around the world, regardless of race, gender, species, or upbringing were brought together and taught to respect one another as individuals. Unfortunately, many of the human students were raised to treat monsters as nothing more than cattle and the teachers found ingrained prejudices run deep. The drop out rate was over 35% from the initial batch. That's where I come in. I was in the first group of volunteers to replace those students who left the school.
Here is my story. It is not the tale of a grand leader of men who singlehandedly guides the school to greatness, no, it is the simple story of how two people fell in love and the choices they made.
theegplanthunterJul 10, 2010 3:03 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 10, 2010 3:02 AM

Nov 2007
Ch. 1
“Welcome to Verbena Academy”
That's what the white banner over the gates said. The line of angry protesters outside the gates carried a decidedly more pointed welcome. I stole a quick glance at the six other students on the otherwise empty bus; worry furrowed their brows, but each shared the set jaw and hard eyes I knew I must also be wearing. Each one of us had lost someone important to them because of their choice to enroll at Verbena and opposition to our choice was nothing new to any of us.
I had gotten to know all of them on the long flight and I was surprised to find that even though we all came from different countries, our reasons for volunteering were eerily similar.
Shu-san came from Japan, one of the pioneering countries of monster genetic manipulation. Amy came from the western half of Canada after the country split and fought during the revolution. Jack hailed from the great outback where uncounted monster cities were surrounded by special forces and burned to the ground, with the population inside. Manuel was raised in South Africa, one of the few countries to offer haven to the monster refugees. Ava came from France, a country that offered refuge, but captured and transported the monsters to labor camps and brothels. Ilsa was born in the Sovereign Nation-State of Germany, all that is left of Germany after the country, determined not to repeat the Holocaust, blocked the approval of A2Z7 in the United Nations. I was born in America, the country that had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, to the negotiating tables. Anti-monster sentiment still burned with a passion in my hometown of San Fransisco and I had the fresh bruises to prove it.
As the bus approached the pack of protesters, a line of UN soldiers appeared from a smaller gate to the left, and a column of lizardmen and centaurs held open the main gate. The crowd retreated for a moment, allowing the bus to pass through the gates onto the wide gravel drive. Then the crowd rushed together, trying to force their way onto the grounds.
The seven of use got out of our seats and prressed our faces against the back window, trying to see what was happening. We were startled by the sound of gunfire. In the past years, war was a constant companion but nevertheless, we all jumped a little. The UN guards fired again; they were warning shots aimed above the crowd. I was relieved, I didn't want a pile of bodies to mark our first day here. But the UN soldiers were quickly pushed to the ground, overcome by the onslaught of bodies. Ilsa turned to me and asked what should we do if they got in behind us. However, the crowd quickly realized their raid was not going to be a walk in the park. The lizardmen broke formation and forced the gates shut as the centaurs used their bodies to push the tide of protesters away from the fallen soldiers.
As the bus continued along the road, I saw the soldiers and monsters drive the crowd away from the gate. I breathed a sigh of relief, at least no one was killed. Amy tugged on my sleeve. I turned from the back window and looked at her.
“What's wrong?”
But she wasn't facing me, no one was. Everyone on the bus was staring out the windows at the huge lake below us.
“What? It's just some wa......” I stopped mid word and I felt my jaw drop. The bus was traveling over the surface of the lake, not floating, not sinking, just driving on top of the water. We all stare at each other for a minute, then burst out laughing.
“We sure are a long way from home.” giggled Amy.
Entranced as we were with the “magic” lake, we all failed to notice the dark shape on the horizon until the dark shadows became spires and majestic stone walls materialized from the haze. Before we knew it, the looming shape turned into a castle. This was verbena Academy.
Jul 11, 2010 10:56 AM

Nov 2007
Ch. 2
“It's time to meet your new roommates”
She said, throwing open the dormitory doors.
The seven of us had been dropped off at what I could only assume what was the main gate and were met by a tall man and a beautiful yukkiona. The process of unloading our luggage was made shorter by the fact that among the seven of us, no one had so much as a duffel bag. Traveling light was a habit we picked up during the war and old habits die hard.
The two guides led us into the main courtyard. I stopped short when I saw a small jungle instead of the grassy field I expected.
Smiling, the yukkiona said, “Welcome to Verbena Academy, this is your new home.”
I looked around, and something bothered me. I couldn't put my finger on it until the man said, “All the students are waiting for you in the dorm rooms. Later there will be a welcoming party, but we want you to get to know each other first.” That was it, there were no people, no one was doing homework or studying or just sitting there. It didn't feel like a school and that was what was digging at me.
Still smiling, the guides introduced themselves, “I'm Yuki. As you can see, I am a yukkiona.”
“Hello, my name is Charters. We,” he gestured at Yuki, “are the dorm advisors. Feel free to come to us with any questions. I am also the Latin teacher and Yuki is the co director of the school.”
Yuki turned and started walking up a large flight of stairs, “Let's head up to the dorms and get you settled in.” We followed her up the flight of stairs, trying not to trip as we gawked at the castle around us. There were so many things different from what I had imagined I didn't know where to look. The stairs ended at a long hallway with floor to ceiling stained glass windows.
Noticing my stares, Yuki said, “These windows were a gift from the glass working giant ants in South Africa. There are very few pre-war stained glass windows left of this magnitude. The churches that housed them were one of the first targets of the 3 Year Revolution.” We kept walking and took a right turn at the end of the hallway into a large room.
Charters checked to make sure no one was missing and announced, “This is the main common room for the two dorms. This door leads to the one is called Verenia Dorm and I'm its advisor. Yuki is in charge of Edelweiss dorm, which back out into the hall and to your left.”
Yuki gave us a moment to let it all sink in and then clapped her hands, “All right, will Ilsa, Jack, and Arthur follow me to Edelweiss. The rest of you are in Charters good hands.”
Oh yeah, I forgot, that's me. My name is Arthur. Anyway, we wished the others luck and the three of us followed the pale blue figure across the hall to our dorm. It's time to meet your new roommates.” she said, throwing open the dormitory doors.
Once again, it seems that if my expectations were any further from the mark, they'd be in another galaxy; funny, you think I would be used to it by now. I had expected another grand room, something out of a fairy tale or imperial palace; the mismatched collection of ratty couches and coffee tables was anything but. It was a cozy room with a small wood stove in one corner and a tv hung on the wall. Tall windows were partially covered by skewed drapes, casting beams of light into the room. Along the wall were a series of doors with names in placards, I figured those were either the rooms, or fancy broom closets.
The large screen tv was blaring but the only person in the room was a red haired harpy sprawled out on a couch listening to music. Confused, Yuki asked, “Lindy, where is everyone?”
I had assumed Lindy was the harpy but a sleepy voice drifted down from the ceiling, “Everyone went back to bed, it's too early to be conscious on a weekend. They told me to get them when the fresh meat showed up.” I looked up and saw a small werebat hanging from a lamp fixture. She dropped down and hobbled over to one of the doors and started hammering on the nameplate. “Wake up! They're here!” Motes of dust danced in the silence that followed.
My gaze drifted over to where Ilsa and jack were standing and then to where Yuki was glaring crossly at the line of doors. “That does it,” she said “time to do this the hard way.” Before we could react, she closed her eyes and I felt a cold draft. A really cold draft. One by one, the doors flew open and a mix of half asleep monsters and humans emerged shivering and covered in snow.
“Yuki~~~ you didn't have to do that.” complained barely dressed wererabbit.
“Well, I told all of you to be up by 7:00. It's well past 8:30.”
“Yeah,” complained a boy around my age, “but they were late. It's not our fault they have sense of promptness.”
Shaking her head, Yuki turned to us and said, “Well, these are going to be your dorm mates for the rest of your time here.”
This was more like it. Now it actually felt like a school. I did a quick tally and I counted one crow, the werebat, a goblin, the harpy on the sofa, one sucky, a lizardman, four boys, six girls, and to my surprise, a werewolf. I had been taught that the werewolves were the first to be wiped out and scientists had been trying to find one for ages without luck to use as genetic stock for soldiers.
Yuki turned to the harpy on the sofa, yanked her headphones off, waited a moment and asked, “Danny, where is Zafina?”
Annoyed, they harpy replied, “How the hell should I know? She's probably down in the greenhouse or sumthin'.”
“She is your roommate, isn't she?”
“That doesn't mean I know where she is every moment of the day. I'm not a stalker.”
Yuki paused for a moment then said, “Well, get stalking and find her. The party is going to start soon.”
Groaning, Danny threw her headphones down and walked out of the room. I didn't turn and watch, but I heard the door slam, claws scrabbling and then the flap of wings. Smiling, Yuki turned back to the room and motioned to the other students. “Yesterday, we had a lottery to decide on your roommates. Jack, Jamie over here is going to be taking care of you.” A tall lizardman waved to us. “Ilsa, You're going to room with Cassandra in that room.” The succubus smiled at Ilsa and went back into her room, I assume to put some clothes on. “Arthur, you will be sharing a room with Thomas until the end of the year.” A short boy with glasses waved to me and I smiled back.
Sep 6, 2010 9:06 PM

Nov 2007
Ch. 3
“Hey roomate”
I watched the others go into their rooms and walked over to Thomas. I gave him a quick once over and stuck my hand out, “Hey, nice to meetcha'.”
“Graspign my hand, he smiled, “Hey roommate. Lemme show you our room.” I couldn't place his accent and his pale skin gave no hit to his origins. I was going to ask him but the thought left my mind as he opened the door. Dark violet drapes so deep they devoured any light that dared to enter the room were the first things I saw. My eyes lingered upon the drapes for a moment then I saw the dressers. They weren't your typical wood dressers, no sir. Each one was carved from the trunk of a massive tree. In all the world, there hadn't been trees that large since the acid rain storms in 2012. I knew I was looking at one of a kind pieces of art. They belonged in a museum; any collector of pre-war antiques would pay dearly for just one and here were two, standing against the wall.
It took a moment for the shock to wear off, then I asked “Do we actually use those?”
Thomas looked at me for a second, “Why wouldn't we, they're just dressers.”
It was his turn to be ogled, “You mean you didn't know? These are easily worth 5000 international credits, each!”
Laughing, he walked over to the old trees and opened the doors, revealing a little nameplate. “See here, these were made from wood donated by the tengu. The ants carved them a little over six months ago for us.” Still laughing, he walked over the other dresser and said “This one is yours. We know you don't have much stuff, so there are clothes and the usual sundry items in the drawers.”
Still shaking my head, I said thanks and we returned to the common room. The other newcomers were milling around the room and Danny the harpy was back. And she had someone with her.
“Arthur, Ilsa, Jack, this is Zafina.” Yuki motioned to the girl beside her. She was a lamia with dark orange scales that absorbed light like the drapes in my room.
Zafina smiled shyly and nodded to us. She kept her head down through the introduction, but I think she had glasses and freckles.
Clapping her hands again, Yuki motioned to the exit and said, “The party is waiting for us. The other group is already done ad I think they've broken out the cider already.”
Danny's ears perked up and she looked intently at Yuki. “We should hurry if we want any!” She was out the door and down the stairs before we could react.
No one made any move toward the doors, so I said, “Well then, why don't we make our grand appearance, I'd hate to keep anyone waiting.” Two of the lizardmen snorted but the rest of the group nodded and we headed out to the dining hall.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» I can do rp

nugger - Mar 14, 2013

0 by nugger »»
Mar 14, 2013 7:50 PM

» Green Midget Cafe ( 1 2 )

nugger - May 26, 2010

86 by BlueYoshi »»
Sep 26, 2011 9:31 AM

» [Active] (discussion) FELDSPAR HIGH

nugger - Jul 12, 2010

32 by nugger »»
Jul 28, 2010 9:58 PM

» TALE CRAFT

zjhentohlauedy - Jul 13, 2010

3 by theegplanthunter »»
Jul 16, 2010 11:56 PM

Sticky: » Opinions and Discussion on SNYW's Fiction

BlueYoshi - Jul 15, 2010

0 by BlueYoshi »»
Jul 15, 2010 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.