Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 6, 2008 10:31 PM

Jan 2008
i thought i'd post up what i found on Wiki. great site but has little meat to offer for Bride of the Water God fans. anyway, i found some short character profiles. if anyone wants to put them up on MAL please go ahead. my hands are full at the moment. i can also provide images if you need, just post here. it's not hard to get them ready for you. Soah and Habeak are the only two up, ^,^"

feel free to discuss any characters in this thread as you please. XP

Soah: A girl from a small village. In order to appease the god, the villagers marry Soah off to him by sacrificing her to the Water God in exchange for rain. When she was a child, she was prophecized to have two loves in her life. She finds herself attracted to Muhee, who she believes is Habaek's cousin, unaware that Habaek (the child) and Muhee are the same person.

Habaek: The Water God, a temperamental deity who has not allowed rain to fall in Soah's village for many years. He is a child by day and an adult by night. Soah recognizes the child as her husband, but is unaware of his transformations; Habaek, unable to explain, introduces his adult self as Habaek's cousin, Muhee. He was deeply in love with his first wife, Nakbin, who died young, not knowing that she had actually betrayed him.

Yook-oh: A grandfatherly butler who serves the Water God. He previously served Habaek's mother, the Goddess of Punishment and Torture.

Hoo-ye: The commander of the Water Kingdom, also famed for being the best archer in the realm of gods. He appears to be loyal to Habaek, particularly after an unspoken incident involving Nakbin in the past. However, he seems to be attracted to Soah and is kindest person to her in the Water Kingdom.

Tae-eul-jin-in: A doctor in the Water Kingdom, a relatively recent inhabitant to the realm. He appears to have his own motives regarding Habaek and Mura warns Soah not to trust Tae-eul-jin-in so readily.

Mura: A witch who lives in the Water Kingdom, originally from the mountains. She is in love with Habaek. Like several characters, she seems to know more than she is willing to tell Soah and appears to have her own agenda.

Ju-dong: The God of Fire. He loves everything that is cute. He once stole a pear from Suh-wangmo's garden 400 years ago.

Suh-wangmo: The Goddess of Punishment, Torture, and Disease, and Habaek's mother, a beautiful woman who is centuries old. Habaek does not appear to get along with her, though she seems to only want her son to be happy.

Nakbin: Habaek's first wife. He seemed to be very much in love with her and still can not forget her. Little is known about her but it is suggested that she betrayed Habaek in some way, though it is still a mystery.

The Emperor: He first appears in the guise of the dead Nakbin, shocking Soah, who thought that Nakbin had returned. In a later chapter he expresses interest in Soah, going so far as to snatch her out of Hoo-ye's arms. Hoo-ye is seemingly bound to him by a contract that concerns handing Soah over to the Emperor, though Habaek, as her husband, prevents him from taking Soah.

Yo-hee: A goddess who is friendly and very fond of Soah, even going to the extent of rebuking Habaek for sending her away without warning and going to see her without taking anyone else along. Although she appears and behaves like an immature child, she is several hundred years old.
yukihimeAug 3, 2008 9:48 PM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 8, 2008 6:30 PM

Aug 2007
I think Nakbin should have a character profile too, since she`s part of the whole "love triangle" too, and is quite an important character actually...
May 8, 2008 7:47 PM

Jan 2008
aranelcharis said:
I think Nakbin should have a character profile too, since she`s part of the whole "love triangle" too, and is quite an important character actually...
haha, thanks. i forgot about her! >,< silly me. i just copied and pasted what i found on wiki. i'll add her to the list too.

May 8, 2008 7:55 PM

Jan 2008
well, MAL won't let me edit any posts. ~,~ oh well. i guess it's still reeling from the down time from yesterday. i was so heartbroken too.

Nakbin: Habaek's first wife. He seemed to be very much in love with her and still can not forget her. Little is known about her but it is suggested that she betrayed Habaek in some way, though it is still a mystery.

please, if anyone has anymore information that they would like to add, don't hesitate to post it here. i'll update our list (hopefully MAL will be working soon) and feel free to talk about them.

May 8, 2008 8:44 PM

Aug 2007
I`m not sure if she was his first wife...was she actually? I know he`s had lots of them (oh the harem), and that it was mentioned that she was the only one he loved.
May 8, 2008 9:18 PM

Jan 2008
hehe, yeah, i believe she was. i've read to chapter 29, if i'm remembering correctly. :P

May 8, 2008 10:35 PM

Aug 2007
I`ll have to read it again. There`s also some other characters that could be added from
May 9, 2008 10:39 PM

Jan 2008
aranelcharis said:
I`ll have to read it again. There`s also some other characters that could be added from
lol, oh yeah. >,< evidently i need to go back and read them too. thanks, i'll get them up tomorrow. i had a long day and i'm so tired.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Banners

yukihime - May 7, 2008

9 by blue-y »»
Aug 5, 2010 6:41 AM

» Icons, Icons, Icons!

yukihime - Feb 19, 2009

5 by blue-y »»
Aug 5, 2010 6:39 AM

» Wallpapers

yukihime - May 6, 2008

8 by blue-y »»
Aug 5, 2010 6:37 AM

Sticky: » May Club Focus Picture Nominations

yukihime - May 1, 2009

4 by Alyxandria »»
Apr 25, 2010 8:11 AM

Sticky: » May Club Focus: Totally Captivated

yukihime - May 1, 2009

1 by paigy_loli »»
Aug 28, 2009 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.