Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 19, 9:02 PM
Dec 2018
We barely got through the previous season due to the nonstop talking episode after episode. Anyone knows if this will be the last one? Because the only way I could convince my fiance to watch this season with me is if it's gonna have less talking and resolve the story somehow.
Apr 19, 9:18 PM
May 2023
No, source material is still running
Apr 19, 9:23 PM
Nov 2019
Pretty sure the entire season 3 is the build-up for season 4.

Also why do you guys hate dialogue-heavy shows?😅 Are you some sort of shonen fans who never tried non-action genres?

The plot is actually interesting if you pay attention to it.
Apr 19, 9:32 PM
Dec 2022
There’s enough source material from the light Novel for 3-5 more seasons (and it’s still ongoing). And I doubt the studio will end one of their most successful projects, so expect a lot more content in the near future
Apr 19, 9:34 PM

Sep 2018
Reincarnated as a slime will likely get more seasons given how much merch it usually gets.
Apr 19, 9:35 PM
Dec 2022
The plot lies in the dialogue. Craving action alone is an unlikely way to think. To answer your question, the LN and manga are still running. There's a ton more content in the LN to make more than 4 seasons.
Apr 19, 9:40 PM

Jan 2014
If it does well, no this won’t be the last season. And with how popular the series has gotten I’m assuming they won’t stop anytime soon.

Slime likes to break down the economic situation at the beginning of each arc which is generally exposition heavy.

If talking is your issue then you might have some struggles going forward considering how early into the story we are. Last season ended with volume 6 of the light novel, so theoretically if it’s about 6 volumes per 50 episodes and the light novels are past 20 and counting, this could easily be a 200 episode series.

While the series does rely on classic shonen fights to resolve arcs the majority of the series has been political and economical with some espionage thrown in, so that’s going to be the backbone of the show.
"Most people don't try to become adults, they just can't stay children any longer."
- Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Apr 19, 9:49 PM
Feb 2021
This just isn't the type of show you're looking for. Not sure how you got through even the first season if you aren't interested in dialogue
Apr 19, 11:26 PM
Nov 2018
I think there's 25 volumes altogether? With the last episode there only on volume 7 at the moment?
MoppitApr 19, 11:31 PM
Apr 20, 12:39 AM
May 2022
light novel never ends
My mal account is not working properly. In the last 24 hours, there isn't showing any forum discussion.  What should I do?! 
Apr 20, 6:26 AM
Oct 2022
Not by a long shot. Each season covers about three volumes… there’s twenty one out currently.
Apr 20, 7:17 AM
Deez

Jul 2021
Hopefully not. S4 will go crazy
Apr 20, 7:36 AM

Apr 2021
BulletSoulKid said:
We barely got through the previous season due to the nonstop talking episode after episode. Anyone knows if this will be the last one? Because the only way I could convince my fiance to watch this season with me is if it's gonna have less talking and resolve the story somehow.

Watch it on your own and don’t tell her 😂
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 20, 10:48 AM
Apr 2021
season3 is gona be mainly building tempest, relations, and probably tempest going the council of western nations, there will be a few fights, but nothing major

Season 4 will be war with the eastern empire.... probably

if you looking for constant fighting, this isn't you Anima. it's no secret his goal is to build a peaceful and fun home for himself and his friends. so yest there will be a lot of talking but a festival is coming up.

but that said there will be mor war coming.
-Yuki causes trouble
-the central bank and powerful family that secretly rules the western nations
-eastern empire
-and while the light novel hasn't gotten to the big shebang, that earlier vol hint to, yet, we have the angels who come to tear shit up when the world gets too advance. tempest is definitely gonna be targeted

that'll actually probably be the end of the series, I hope not, but definitely sound like a finial battle/boss scenario
Apr 20, 3:27 PM

Nov 2009
Naa

According to source, there's still a lot of materials to be animated.

Which is a good thing, cause I really like this series.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 20, 4:35 PM
Dec 2018
Thank you for all the comments. We liked the 1st season a lot and we are fine with some slow paced storytelling and dialogue when it's done in an interesting way (Frieren comes to mind) but never ending round tables of information dumps became more and more common and sometimes we have only 20-40 minutes a day and wasting it on an wpisode where nothing happened was kinda depressing.

Since it seems like this isn't even close to ending I guess we will just have to drop it.
Apr 20, 10:45 PM

Nov 2009
Since it seems like this isn't even close to ending I guess we will just have to drop it

I see... well that's too bad.

But IsekaiSlime is known to be more Lore based than Action based. There's a lot of Story building.

Sound like you need to find series that doesn't have multiple season. Tho it's hard to determine if a currently airing will just stop at one season or get more seasons.

You might have to look into already finished airing anime instead and check how many episodes and seasons they have. (you can also check some MAL threads for those series, sometimes ppls make threads and ask if there are more seasons. So you can get an idea if a series is finished from that season or there are more seasons to come. (similarly to how you made this thread here))
amlgApr 20, 10:48 PM
Apr 21, 1:56 AM
Aug 2021
HaruyukiIsCute said:

Also why do you guys hate dialogue-heavy shows?😅 Are you some sort of shonen fans who never tried non-action genres?

DAMN! A Whole Season As A Build-up?(Or Maybe Just The 1st Cour?) But...That's Really Interesting, I'm Down
Apr 21, 4:36 AM
Apr 2024
I hope it is. This season so far has been pure dogshit
Apr 21, 11:37 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to adesh17
light novel never ends
@adesh17 it ends but tenma war arc is basically half of the whole series in the wn
Apr 22, 12:57 AM
Jul 2023
BulletSoulKid said:
Thank you for all the comments. We liked the 1st season a lot and we are fine with some slow paced storytelling and dialogue when it's done in an interesting way (Frieren comes to mind) but never ending round tables of information dumps became more and more common and sometimes we have only 20-40 minutes a day and wasting it on an wpisode where nothing happened was kinda depressing.

Since it seems like this isn't even close to ending I guess we will just have to drop it.

Or you can just wait a few more months, and then binge watch this
Apr 22, 7:59 PM

Nov 2009
WELP...

I think the poster just cursed the series...

Just saw an article today...

The manga is apparently going to end, because the Artist got health issues and can no longer work on the manga. (and there's no plan to get a new Artist)

So we'll only have the anime and LN for this series.

Hopefully the anime will still continue with the LN (assuming the LN isn't going to end soon either)

I don't read the LN tho, so I guess I'll have to just wait for anime... probably another 2~3 year after this season ends...
Apr 23, 5:29 AM

Aug 2021
Idk, but we shouldn't pressure them to hurrry,
they produce State-of the art high-quality animation, like no other,

Every time I sit down to watch this anime felt like a breath of fresh air from life. It’s just so fun,
it gives off a super tranquilizing vibe to watch
+ it has the most epic, energetic high-level action
+ crazy, Fluid animation
+ Shion is exquisitely beautiful
+ Mirimu is the definition of "Cute"

Also, the legendary, magical Op's and ED's hit HARD,
I experienced incomprehensible ecstacy from every single one,
I literally can't stop replaying them in my head,

Additionally, it's unique plot, crazy worldbuilding, bloody fights and creative power system, makes it an extremely immersive, mythical adventure

Tensura has made me undergo liberating experiences, that make me want to leave reality and get a lost in a world of fantasy <3
Apr 25, 2:28 PM

Jun 2012
What an uncultured thread, how dare you compare this to Shitruto
Apr 25, 3:58 PM

Oct 2014
Reply to amlg
WELP...

I think the poster just cursed the series...

Just saw an article today...

The manga is apparently going to end, because the Artist got health issues and can no longer work on the manga. (and there's no plan to get a new Artist)

So we'll only have the anime and LN for this series.

Hopefully the anime will still continue with the LN (assuming the LN isn't going to end soon either)

I don't read the LN tho, so I guess I'll have to just wait for anime... probably another 2~3 year after this season ends...
@amlg That's wrong. You either misread it or it was a clickbait article. The manga that's going to end is the "Ways of the Monster Nation" spin-off that was already in hiatus for like 2 years anyway. The main series manga still continues normally.

As for the anime, it will definitely also continue seeing how they not only continuously keep teasing the primordials in the Coleus OVA and the gacha game, but they even announced a side-scroller action RPG (something in the vein of Tales Of... games) for August 2024, and Slime sells plenty of merch, too. Not sure whether or not a complete main story adaptation is possible, but season 4 will definitely happen.
Grey-ZoneApr 25, 4:03 PM
Apr 26, 12:14 AM

Nov 2009
Ah, I see,

I only saw it said "Tensei Slime manga will be ending due to artist health issue"

Well, I guess the main series is still going. That's good.
Apr 26, 6:45 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to HaruyukiIsCute

@HaruyukiIsCute No need to be hyperbolic. Just because someone doesn't like dialogue-heavy shows doesn't mean they only want action or only watch shonen (which doesn't even make sense; the anime and manga for Slime is shonen).

That's not even the problem here though. The problem is that they info dump in an incredibly boring way. OP mentioned Frieren, that's a good example of exposition and world-building while keeping it engaging. Off the top of my head, Monogatari, Katanagatari, Tatami Galaxy, even Steins;Gate are some other examples of dialogue-heavy shows that do it well.

I know the season's just starting (though we are 1/6th into it already), but so far we've had:

Ep 1. Discussion in Rimuru's office / discussion in throne room at Falmuth
Ep 2. Discussion with Moderate Harlequin Alliance members / disscussion with Hinata and Louis / discussion with Hinata, Luminous, Louis / Discussion in Falmuth
Ep 3. Discussion in Rimuru's office / discussion around Tempest / discussion in Tempest board room
Ep 4. Discussion in Tempest board room / discussion at the new road in Tempest / discussion in Tempest board room

Again, I'm a fan of shows with deep lore and an engaging story. I love the world that the show has built so far. I don't need to be constantly blasted with bright lights and fast moving action. But I think I can say with a fair amount of confidence that as of now, this season is not doing a good job of presenting the plot in an interesting way.
Apr 27, 6:59 AM
Sep 2020
Reply to HaruyukiIsCute

@HaruyukiIsCute no way, they’re just keep yapping for real. These’s no brain in every word they said which is cringe and could be solve in like 5 second of dialogue
May 3, 12:05 PM
Jan 2018
You better either drop it or put it on hold because this whole season is pretty much meetings lol either to do with running the town or battle .
May 4, 7:55 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Mattinator95
You better either drop it or put it on hold because this whole season is pretty much meetings lol either to do with running the town or battle .
@Mattinator95 I am still shocked there are people on r/anime think there is going to be a massive payoff when even ln readers say there won't be. Stockholm syndrome is real for this anime
Yesterday, 12:09 AM

May 2018
No it's ongoing now

More topics from this board

» Concerns about Pacing

Pepper0609 - Yesterday

28 by Kaze1214 »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 3

132 by Atmogenic »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19

95 by KingBaller06 »»
May 3, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 26

114 by DeltaVegas »»
May 3, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 12

98 by PrimeX »»
Apr 28, 9:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.