Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 19, 12:46 AM
Nov 2019
With the recent news of Mappa's other forgotten movie project finally getting a confirmation that it was in fact cancelled, I wonder if that's the case with this movie too. If it is, I would honestly prefer they just stated it outright instead of making us wait several more years like they did for Yuri On Ice fans.
Apr 19, 12:51 AM

Jan 2009
whats mappas rank on the production committee of zombieland? the higher they rank the more profit they get so they will care more

i heard mappa is the lowest rank in the production committee of yuri on ice thats why they did not profit from it despite its big success https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2023-07-18/yuri-on-ice-made-its-studio-very-little-money-according-to-mappa-ceo/.200418

plus the remaining production committee members can always hire a new studio and staff if they want
Apr 19, 1:02 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
i sure hope not, but i guess now i wouldn't be surprised if so.

i wonder how much money zombieland saga does for mappa, maybe it's a bit more lucrative for them since it's an idol show, so they can sell waifu merch and stuff like that, so i wouldn't necessarily lose hope, though who can say, it is studio crappa after all.
Apr 19, 5:11 AM
Jun 2021
I hate to say it but it's very likely. Just like with the Yuri on Ice movie, we haven't got any updates since the movie was announced
Apr 19, 5:13 AM
Nov 2020
I think it is safe to assume this movie is next on the chopping block. Consider this, MAPPA is going all in with the "Big or nothing" approach. They are only targeting IP that makes them the most amount of cash in the smallest time frame possible and this is NOT an IP capable of achieving that. Even in 2018 when this series began it was mostly considered a gag or parody show and not a pure idol show that could move a ton of merch like Idolmaster or even K-ON! If a smaller studio made this then even the moderate success that this was able to achieve would have been enough reason to make a sequel but with a studio like MAPPA that only focuses on big hits this simply doesn't make any sense.
Apr 19, 5:34 AM
Apr 2018
They keep releasing productions that barely anyone watched (Dance Dance Dansieur, Boukyaku Battery, Tondemo Skill) but they cancel shows that were actually good and with a lot more popularity. This is ridiculous.
Apr 19, 5:51 AM

Sep 2020
If they were going to cancel this, wouldn’t they reveal it along side the cancellation of Yuri on Ice?

This series is successful for MAPPA and even helped revitalise Saga prefecture.

If they cancel this, I will riot
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 9:41 AM

Apr 2021
We'll see. According to Mapple, who's one of the actual trustworthy leakers on Twitter, he says ZLS is in a better position and considers it "safe" compared to YOI.
Apr 19, 11:35 PM
Jan 2021
bro i even forgot about this project XD

More topics from this board

» The director of Zombieland saga has officially left MAPPA to studio Kai

raceraot - Oct 18, 2022

11 by Motormuis_x »»
Apr 10, 1:23 PM

» There's no Zombieland Saga in MAPPA Stage

Dbagas8 - May 20, 2023

9 by krishnathegreat »»
Apr 6, 11:57 AM

» Updates???

Motormuis_x - Sep 17, 2022

2 by raceraot »»
Sep 18, 2022 7:48 AM

» Continuation ? or...

SpRayquaza11 - Oct 18, 2021

18 by Deepak_Aswal »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:12 AM

» hype

removed-user - Oct 19, 2021

2 by Based_Department »»
Nov 29, 2021 8:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.