Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 10, 2:25 PM

Dec 2023
I think the original 2008 anime aged quite well to be honest, the 2024 remake is animated by the same studio that also made High School DxD Season 4, so I'm not sure if it's good or they screwed everything.

Plus the original anime can be found on Crunchyroll.
Apr 10, 2:42 PM

Apr 2021
Have you watched it?
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 10, 2:45 PM

Dec 2021
Why don't you just give it a try?
Apr 10, 3:07 PM

Dec 2020
Then go watch it. What’s the point of this post?
Apr 10, 3:57 PM
Jan 2023
I think Passione is doing a good job so far as someone who respects the old show a ton.
Apr 10, 4:00 PM
Jan 2022
its good yo. chillaz
Apr 10, 4:02 PM
Dec 2018
I watched the 2008 one and I watch the 2024 one. I like both
Apr 10, 5:04 PM
Apr 2023
What is the point of this post and to answer your question yes the new series so far is excellent. And if you want to watch the original it is well worth watching. And it’s held up pretty well.
Apr 10, 5:29 PM
Jan 2021
Tbh, you’re viewing it with rose tinted glasses. Of course the art was pretty in the 2008 version, but did you watch S2? It was rushed and it ended on a bad note. It was good but it sort of crashed and burned.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Apr 10, 10:28 PM
Nov 2022
JustSomeone15 said:
I think the original 2008 anime aged quite well to be honest, the 2024 remake is animated by the same studio that also made High School DxD Season 4, so I'm not sure if it's good or they screwed everything.

"I'm afraid to watch the reboot therefore the original is better"

"also this studio did DxD season 4 dirty but I'm not gonna mention that they've also made ishuzoku reviewers among other anime"
Apr 10, 10:57 PM
Jan 2016
JustSomeone15 said:

passione is doing a good job, they have some odd animation solutions to save time, that i kind of dislike but thats more like a nitpick.
Apr 10, 11:03 PM
Oct 2019
What wrong with the series been on Crunchyroll? I am not sure how it's an argument.
Apr 11, 2:21 AM
Sep 2021
People have the right to like whatever they want, just don't say anything bad until you see it, I personally liked both.
Apr 11, 7:30 AM
Feb 2021
imma wait until the dub to watch it, but from the sneakie peekies I saw... yeah the new Holo's face seems too soft and round. Well, all's good as long as her Holo-ness (straight-up banger characterization) makes it safe into the remake
Apr 11, 9:36 AM
Feb 2016
I have no idea, I've only seen 2 episodes of the new one so far?
Apr 11, 1:13 PM
Jul 2021
I watched the original seasons and I'm honestly happy with this remake, my fear was how they would make Holo, because even though she has a more "playful" side she is a goddess and in the original seasons that was very noticeable. But this remake, at least for now, is doing well, even though the animation changed, it still maintains that aspect that I loved the most, characters like Rias Gremory did not suffer the same fate...
Apr 11, 2:13 PM
Sep 2022
I watched the old series, read the Manga and LN.
I think the faces in the 'classic' were more emotional and i still like the old artstyle better.
The reboot is still nice to watch and is closer to the LN so I hope the reboot just happened because some vital chapters for the story development were skipped.
Hopefully they adapt the whole LN, if not they could have just continued with S3.
Apr 11, 8:37 PM
Mar 2008
I preferred how they made Horo's face looking in the original. And I ended up loving the original Spice and Wolf. I like the new one, but has not yet started loving it. Might as well end up loving that one if they do Horo justice.
Apr 12, 5:40 AM
Jan 2023
tiXhl said:
I think the faces in the 'classic' were more emotional and i still like the old artstyle better.
The reboot is still nice to watch and is closer to the LN so I hope the reboot just happened because some vital chapters for the story development were skipped.
Hopefully they adapt the whole LN, if not they could have just continued with S3.

Considering Myuri already showed up in the intro for episode 1 it looks like they intend to fully adapt the LN which I’m super hyped for. Looks like it’s gonna get the FMA:B treatment
Apr 13, 12:02 AM
Feb 2024
i really like the new animation style... it's a modern style but still keeps the old vibe how it's drawn/styled... like yeah it's pretty good overall
Apr 13, 2:42 AM

Feb 2020
JustSomeone15 said:

I also think it is a pointless recap. Old one is miles better.

Apr 13, 2:53 AM

Sep 2016
Right now I find them almost equally charming.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 13, 6:49 AM

Sep 2018
Il_Duces_top_guy said:
tiXhl said:

Considering Myuri already showed up in the intro for episode 1 it looks like they intend to fully adapt the LN which I’m super hyped for. Looks like it’s gonna get the FMA:B treatment

That’s what’s most likely, granted it gets enough recognition to be profitable. I’m honestly REALLY excited for it, and I’ve been loving the new adaptation so far. Same director, same voice actors and an OST by Kevin Penkin, things are looking great
Apr 13, 6:53 AM
Apr 2022
Both are good for me
Apr 13, 11:42 PM

Nov 2019
And they actually made DxD good again by not violating the plot or characters.

I am all in for good adaptations at the cost of slightly mediocre art style.

More worried about anime stopping below 15 volumes...
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 14, 5:13 AM
Dec 2019
instead of giving new adaptation of the series, they should have continued with season 3 with the new animation they are showing us now.
Apr 14, 8:59 AM
Sep 2021
I'm happy they're redoing it. And not trying to add pointless eye candy and romantic tension with Chloe(?) that didn't exist in either tge novel nor the manga.
Apr 14, 9:01 AM

Apr 2020
Why? For the sake of beeing vintage/oldschool/Old?

Nah, it's silly disregarding everything that is new, just because of some elitist mindset.
You didn't make a single good argument of WHY they screw things.

All you're saying is: "OLD IS BETTER THAN NEW."
And it's stupid^^
Apr 14, 12:34 PM
Apr 2022
The remake is probably gonna be good(I’m not gonna watch it until it covers till season 2). The director and Jap VAs sre the same and the ost is being made by Kevin Penkin so that’s all good for me personally I preferred the old designs but the new ones are good too.This anime has been in production for a while so it’s quality shouldn’t have a significant at all.

I personally want the English dub for the remake to come idc what anyone says the dub for Spice and Wolf was perfection cuz Holo felt and sounded like a “Wise Wolf” and Lawrence a charismatic peddler. If anyone ever decides to rewatch or someone watches it for the first time I urge you to at least try the dub.
Apr 14, 3:38 PM
May 2022
I watched the original one for the first time refently and thought it has aged terribly. It has really bad pacing by modern standards. So it might just be nostalgia making people appreciate it still. It's soooo slow. I get so bored watching it. I really wanted to like it, but kept losing interest. Haven't watched season 2, but I am planning on watching it before the remake. Maybe season 2 will have better pacing. I'm hoping it's a bit faster paced, more modern standards. Maybe I'll finally appreciate the beauty of this show that everyone talks about.
Apr 14, 8:43 PM
Jul 2020
JustSomeone15 said:

The OG has a special place in my heart, and I don’t think the remake will top it, but it’s still good.
Apr 17, 1:29 AM
Feb 2012
Reply to Mightyena5875345
I watched the original one for the first time refently and thought it has aged terribly. It has really bad pacing by modern standards. So it might just be nostalgia making people appreciate it still. It's soooo slow. I get so bored watching it. I really wanted to like it, but kept losing interest. Haven't watched season 2, but I am planning on watching it before the remake. Maybe season 2 will have better pacing. I'm hoping it's a bit faster paced, more modern standards. Maybe I'll finally appreciate the beauty of this show that everyone talks about.
@Mightyena5875345 Modern standards pacing? What does this even mean? You will not see faster "pacing" because the series is focused on character or more specifically, relationship development. I see people claim that Frieren's pacing was extremely slow and yet it's very highly rated.

If modern pacing means that you have to feel like you're in a boiling pot all the time then no thanks. Not all stories must have the same pacing and I appreciate it a lot more because it makes the character's actions feel more significant. It's fine if you don't enjoy that but claiming that it's a standard is far-fetched.

I am rewatching the old series in parallel with the remake (ep. 3) and so far, each episode storyboards have been exactly the same except ep 1 where Chloe replaced Yarei's character in the original. In any case, I enjoy both of them and while I agree that they should've instead focused on continuing the story, I sincerely hope that they will actually make that come true after the remake finishes.
Apr 30, 9:15 AM

Jan 2018
2008 is considered "vintage" now? Lmfao.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Gwertzman - Feb 6, 2008

131 by 0451 »»
May 1, 5:26 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shadowraze - Jan 30, 2008

150 by 0451 »»
May 1, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Jan 23, 2008

144 by 0451 »»
May 1, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jan 16, 2008

147 by 0451 »»
Apr 30, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nodoka-koi - Jan 8, 2008

224 by 0451 »»
Apr 30, 7:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.