Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 8, 10:40 AM
Mar 2022
I know there are a lot of sub loyalists who watch anime in sub because it’s “how the anime was meant to be watched”, but there may be some sub loyalists out there that are accidentally watching it in the wrong language. How many of the sub watchers out there are actually watching the anime with Korean audio how it’s “meant to be watched”. How many people are instead watching the Japanese version? Although the anime is made in Japanese, the Japanese version changes the names of all the characters, and some locations. The solo leveling manwha was originally made in Korean, and the anime was made to keep that in mind, so much so that the Japanese version is practically a dub in comparison to the Korean version, which reverts all the changes the Japanese version made. I’m only asking thing because I find it funny that some sub loyalists are probably watching the anime in both Japanese and Korean to get the “true experience”, meanwhile I’ve just been watching anime with English dub not worrying about the fact that it wasn’t made for English.
Apr 8, 10:50 AM
Jun 2022
I've watched this in the the original voices with english subtitles, as the other animes I've watched so far.
Apr 8, 10:53 AM
Dec 2022
English dub like I always do.
Apr 8, 11:02 AM
Nov 2016
I watched this anime with Japanese dub and English subs. That's how I watch most anime.

An example of an exception would be Bleach, and it's because I grew up watching it in English dub. Anything else sounds weird to me.

I've always preferred the Japanese audio. I just like the way the JP voice actors sound. Now that I'm learning how to speak Japanese myself, having the listening practice helps, even if it is anime.
Apr 8, 11:26 AM

Jan 2011
Only Japanese dubbing plus sub.

Apr 8, 11:26 AM
Dec 2020
japanese dub ~~ portuguese sub
as always ^^/
Apr 8, 11:27 AM
Dec 2020
Japanese dub with Korean names.
Apr 8, 11:33 AM
Dec 2022
idk man I'm deaf 🗣️
Apr 8, 11:38 AM
Jun 2023
i watched it japanese dub and HUNGARIAN sub hehehe🇭🇺🇭🇺🇭🇺. muteki fansub is the best fansub in hungary
Apr 8, 11:50 AM

Mar 2013
Japanese ver with eng sub + korean names.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 8, 1:55 PM
Feb 2021
Korean sounds ass, soooo…..
Apr 8, 3:24 PM
Jan 2022
Japanese dub with English sub and Hindi dub
Apr 8, 3:30 PM
Jul 2023
idk where people are getting the information that the Japanese version changes the names of people and places.
All the names were same
and to answer you question i started as dub only but then switched to subs because its just better, Japanese voice actors do a phenomenal job
Watching anime how it was made is always the best
it doesnt matter if the source was korean or Chinese or Japanese, if the original voice that it was animated in was Japanese i will watch in Japanese.
Apr 8, 4:29 PM
Jul 2022
Romulan with Ferengi subs
Apr 8, 6:08 PM
Mar 2021
japanese dub with english subs plus korean names
Apr 8, 6:08 PM
Dec 2020
I wanted to watch Korean version
Apr 8, 8:56 PM
Aug 2020
i only watch in Japanese language for me to be able to acquire another language
Apr 8, 11:15 PM
Jun 2021
i watched the sub / aka japanese, i usually go for dub, but as it was a new release and the manga was good i watched it in sub. that happens to most new seasonal animes for me ahahh.
Apr 9, 12:04 AM
Mar 2022
Japanese dub and Hindi dub...
Apr 9, 12:14 AM
Mar 2023
japnese dub for anime is best
Apr 9, 1:55 AM

May 2021
I watched in Japanese audio with English subtitles. A-1 Pictures is Japan based with Japanese voice talent so I just ran with that. Thinking more about it, I haven't seen any Korean animations before. Though I do enjoy quite a few Korean live action films.
Apr 9, 5:43 AM
Feb 2023
Never dubbed. Always original audio with english subs. Please add norwegian subs someday
Apr 9, 5:48 AM
Dec 2021
TheRealRouges said:
Korean sounds ass, soooo…..

not true 😓😓
Apr 9, 7:54 AM
Oct 2021
jap as always, nothing comes close.
Apr 9, 7:58 AM
Aug 2023
Jap dub because I couldn’t wait for the Eng Dub to release lol
Apr 9, 8:10 AM
Feb 2021
Is it possible to watch this in Korean dub? Would be great if we had the option on Crunchyroll and the like.
ice-inApr 9, 8:14 AM
Apr 9, 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
I'm not watching this series specifically, but Korean dubbed anime is next to impossible to watch unless you yourself live in Korea or the dubbing company make the series available on Youtube, which is how I'm watching the Korean dub of Pripara and Kiratto Prichan. For the most part, to watch a Korean dubbed anime you need to use a Korean streaming service like Netflix Korea, Wavve, TVing, JBOX or Watcha!, but they are all region locked and even if you use a VPN to access them, they do not accept foreign credit cards anyway. Korean dub anime is also often not available on the high seas.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 9, 11:31 AM
Sep 2020
Both sub and English dub.
Gio G. Lingad
Apr 9, 8:02 PM
Mar 2022
ice-in said:
Is it possible to watch this in Korean dub? Would be great if we had the option on Crunchyroll and the like.

Crunchyroll does have the Korean audio
Apr 10, 12:59 PM
Feb 2021
EP1C_G4YM3R said:
ice-in said:

Crunchyroll does have the Korean audio

oh right thank you
Apr 11, 10:33 AM

Oct 2010
EP1C_G4YM3R said:
I know there are a lot of sub loyalists who watch anime in sub because it’s “how the anime was meant to be watched”, but there may be some sub loyalists out there that are accidentally watching it in the wrong language. How many of the sub watchers out there are actually watching the anime with Korean audio how it’s “meant to be watched”. How many people are instead watching the Japanese version? Although the anime is made in Japanese, the Japanese version changes the names of all the characters, and some locations. The solo leveling manwha was originally made in Korean, and the anime was made to keep that in mind, so much so that the Japanese version is practically a dub in comparison to the Korean version, which reverts all the changes the Japanese version made. I’m only asking thing because I find it funny that some sub loyalists are probably watching the anime in both Japanese and Korean to get the “true experience”, meanwhile I’ve just been watching anime with English dub not worrying about the fact that it wasn’t made for English.

But the point is the anime was literally made in Japanese first, that makes it originally Japanese even though the source material is Korean. When an anime is made, the voice actors record and actually ACT their scenes and then the animation is done after to match what the actors have done. In dubs, the dub VAs have to fit their words in with the animation that already exists, and especially in the past 10+ years, the dub script writers have been known to “localize” rather than translate, and change the meaning of things. It’s like Pokemon’s “jelly doughnut” issue is regularly happening on a large scale but nobody is talking about it. English dub actors are also incapable of voicing little girls, they always sound like adult women every time. English dubs are bad for so many reasons other than “it’s not the original version” but regardless your argument doesn’t make sense because a Korean dub of this anime would still not be the original version of this anime.
"Do you want me to take you away... to a place in this city where wishes come true?"
Apr 14, 5:48 PM
Aug 2022
I watched it in sub.

Then, I saw the fabled "Arise" scene in Episode 12, and walked away scratching my head as to why that part was so hyped by source readers.

So I decided to watch that part in English dub, and oh man... the difference between "Okiro" and "Arise" is night and day. Mad props to Jinwoo's English VA, Aleks Le, for pulling it off.

Looks like I'll be watching S2 onwards in dub.
Apr 15, 6:04 AM

Jun 2009
Watching both Japanese and Korean dub with eng subs, and also where the fuck did you get the info that the names where changed? Bait used to be believable lmao
Apr 15, 6:08 AM

Jun 2009
Reply to DarttheLegend
EP1C_G4YM3R said:

But the point is the anime was literally made in Japanese first, that makes it originally Japanese even though the source material is Korean. When an anime is made, the voice actors record and actually ACT their scenes and then the animation is done after to match what the actors have done. In dubs, the dub VAs have to fit their words in with the animation that already exists, and especially in the past 10+ years, the dub script writers have been known to “localize” rather than translate, and change the meaning of things. It’s like Pokemon’s “jelly doughnut” issue is regularly happening on a large scale but nobody is talking about it. English dub actors are also incapable of voicing little girls, they always sound like adult women every time. English dubs are bad for so many reasons other than “it’s not the original version” but regardless your argument doesn’t make sense because a Korean dub of this anime would still not be the original version of this anime.
@DarttheLegend Say it louder for the people in the back, enjoying their weird localized dubs that change everything
Just thinking about how they killed of Yugi's mother in Yu-Gi-Oh, like if making the protag an orphan is the most normal thing to do lol
Apr 19, 1:45 AM
Nov 2016
I don't usually watch animes in English because most English dubs suck, but my brother recommended I watch this one in English because he said it was good, so I followed his advice and watched it in English, and to my surprise the English dub is indeed pretty damn good.

I was even switching between Jap and English in a couple of episodes to hear the difference and I will admit that I enjoyed it more in English which is rare since I barely do that, I usually hate English dubs myself.

So yeah, go with the English dub with this one.
Apr 20, 12:58 AM
Jan 2024
I watched it in Japanese and Telugu my native language.
I wish more anime to get a Telugu dub so I would happily enjoy those.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Feb 3

271 by Matheus050 »»
7 hours ago

» Solo Leveling's Hype ( 1 2 )

Arminken - Apr 27

61 by ultimateweeb173 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

362 by ShadowkillZ »»
Yesterday, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

298 by ShadowkillZ »»
Yesterday, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

163 by ShadowkillZ »»
Yesterday, 11:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.