Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 31, 8:22 AM

Jan 2020
IDK why I’m writing this but I like how Yumiela’s magic doesn’t only heal the wounds (slashes, bruises, dislocations, cracks etc) but also sews back the torn clothes 💀💀
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
Jul 2023
im guessing its like reconstruction where it reconstrus broken/torn things, it could also just be a mistake by the animators who knows
Mar 31, 11:17 AM
Jul 2021
Restoration Magic?
Mar 31, 11:33 AM
Feb 2022
A Rewriting phenomenon?
Mar 31, 11:34 AM
Jan 2023
We don't talk about that 🤫
Mar 31, 11:56 AM

Jan 2020
SoupFerrero said:
Restoration Magic?

IDK but it’s called 治癒魔法 (chiyu-mahou, lit. “healing magic”), so I doubt that. It might’ve been ok if it were called 回復魔法 (kaifuku-mahou, lit. “restoration magic”) like you said.

Anyway, I guess it’s just that the animators decided not to pay attention to such details, since no one gives a s*** about it.
Mar 31, 1:56 PM
Nov 2020
RudeRedis said:
IDK why I’m writing this but I like how Yumiela’s magic doesn’t only heal the wounds (slashes, bruises, dislocations, cracks etc) but also sews back the torn clothes 💀💀

Almost like rewinding time magic
Apr 2, 12:53 PM
Jan 2024
The way it is animated despite the censor, looks like many tentacles. I thought of it as multiple 3d printers spitting out matter-transmuted mana. And then if it can produce cells why not fabric, much easier
Apr 2, 2:01 PM

Jan 2020
luneart said:
The way it is animated despite the censor, looks like many tentacles. I thought of it as multiple 3d printers spitting out matter-transmuted mana. And then if it can produce cells why not fabric, much easier

That’s some good imagination you got there, but then I read a bit about why torn clothes mysteriously get patched up after a healing spell has been cast, and it turns out that it’s just a hassle to remember every single scratch or torn and re-draw it numerous times. So getting picky about it is just counterproductive from the animators’ perspective, ‘cause it takes a lot of extra effort and viewers don’t really pay attention to it.
Apr 2, 3:53 PM
Feb 2022
RudeRedis said:
luneart said:

That’s some good imagination you got there, but then I read a bit about why torn clothes mysteriously get patched up after a healing spell has been cast, and it turns out that it’s just a hassle to remember every single scratch or torn and re-draw it numerous times. So getting picky about it is just counterproductive from the animators’ perspective, ‘cause it takes a lot of extra effort and viewers don’t really pay attention to it.

Here's a funny spin on this. In this season's reincarnated banished hero something, in which they cut corners on everything the MC heals someone and one of the characters actually say they are amazed the clothes also got fixed.
Apr 2, 7:25 PM
Jun 2022
The novel states that Yumiella's healing magic is gross, by having bones and tissue grow, bubble, ooze, inflame, become a grotesque mash of stuff, and then shrink back to its original form.

Can imagine it as speeding metabolism and division of cells in an uncontrolled way, to later differentiate and set themselves in their place and literally stitch things back to "normal".

The tentacles and censoring is an interesting way to not have to animate such a gory scene. I imagine it would be rather expensive to go into Junji Ito levels of graphical healing.
Apr 4, 4:50 AM

Nov 2014
It is about the skill, don't judge the game, judge the player's skill ^^
Apr 4, 10:51 AM

Jan 2020
LostInLove said:
It is about the skill, don't judge the game, judge the player's skill ^^

Skills to pay the bills.
Apr 6, 9:28 AM
Jan 2024
maybe she just hurts the time until it gives up and goes back lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26

91 by KinjiKido »»
May 13, 2:21 AM

» Pretty chilling anime

LostInLove - Apr 4

13 by LostInLove »»
Apr 24, 8:21 PM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 6

66 by dinodogst »»
Apr 19, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 13

55 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30

79 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.