Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 22, 11:57 PM
Aug 2021
The Answer Studio is taking over Tower of God 2nd Season replacing Telecom Animation Studio

Edit : Only some staff are returning to work the anime which are Kevin Penkin on Music, Miho Tanino in Character Design, and Erika Yoshida in Series Composition

Additional Cast :
Yu Shimamura as Yeo Goseng
Saki Miyashita as Yeo Miseng
Kenichiro Matsuda as Kang Horyang
Kento Shiraishi as Hon Akraptor
Kengo Kawanishi as Prinz
Natsuko Abe as Nia
Naoki Irie as Rai

Opening and Ending by K-POP girl band, NiziU

Dbagas8Mar 23, 12:28 AM
Mar 23, 12:12 AM

Feb 2021
They're posting everything except an actual trailer :(
Mar 23, 12:14 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Dbagas8 said:
But all the staff still same as 1st season.

100% wrong, go check the news post we wrote in the forum.
Only returning is one of the script writer, one of the character designers, sound director and Kevin penkin.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 23, 12:20 AM
Aug 2021
DatRandomDude said:
Dbagas8 said:
But all the staff still same as 1st season.

100% wrong, go check the news post we wrote in the forum.
Only returning is one of the script writer, one of the character designers, sound director and Kevin penkin.

Ahh okay, my bad my bad
I need to fix mine
Mar 23, 12:58 AM
Jul 2021
they going the wn route making the 2nd season 5 times more visually stunning than the first
Mar 23, 5:41 AM
Apr 2022
This is about to be so bad. They don’t have any footage to showcase, the staff isn’t particularly strong, the schedule is supposedly really bad, and they managed to fuck up the only good thing in s1, the op and ed
Mar 23, 7:15 AM

Sep 2020
The animation is more smooth than the first season and look like they have the artstyle as well. Judging by the small PV I think S2 have a bigger budget than S1.
Mar 23, 7:40 AM

Feb 2022
Reply to Peenutz
This is about to be so bad. They don’t have any footage to showcase, the staff isn’t particularly strong, the schedule is supposedly really bad, and they managed to fuck up the only good thing in s1, the op and ed
@Peenutz try watching the PV again, at the end you can see a little footage of season 2, Bam with long hair.

I've been reading TOG for almost 10 years, but I still feel disappointed with season 1. After seeing little footage from season 2, my hope can grow again about this series.
Mar 23, 7:55 AM
Mar 2021
just dont fuck this up pls.All i want is a great season 😑
Mar 23, 8:45 AM
Feb 2021
They really hid the studio change till the last possible minute lol
Mar 23, 9:22 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Magistarvaha
@Peenutz try watching the PV again, at the end you can see a little footage of season 2, Bam with long hair.

I've been reading TOG for almost 10 years, but I still feel disappointed with season 1. After seeing little footage from season 2, my hope can grow again about this series.
@Magistarvaha I mean the 20 seconds they show is quite good, it’s definitely an upgrade, but every other sign is telling me that’s not what the show will actually end up looking like. Plus they showed the same 20 seconds twice which is a big red flag
Mar 23, 9:26 AM

Nov 2019
Dbagas8 said:
The Answer Studio is taking over Tower of God 2nd Season replacing Telecom Animation Studio

Edit : Only some staff are returning to work the anime which are Kevin Penkin on Music, Miho Tanino in Character Design, and Erika Yoshida in Series Composition

Additional Cast :
Yu Shimamura as Yeo Goseng
Saki Miyashita as Yeo Miseng
Kenichiro Matsuda as Kang Horyang
Kento Shiraishi as Hon Akraptor
Kengo Kawanishi as Prinz
Natsuko Abe as Nia
Naoki Irie as Rai

Opening and Ending by K-POP girl band, NiziU

i will wait and see 1st season was not too bad.
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Mar 23, 9:49 PM

Jan 2024
Peenutz said:

Kevin Penkins OST will be back
Mar 24, 7:45 AM

Dec 2019
Never heard of The Answer studio but the PV looks fine so hopefully rest turns out good. Nice seeing Kevin Penkin back atleast.
Mar 30, 7:38 PM
Jan 2021
We still don’t know who is actually doing the animating, but the trailers look good.

It’s so weird seeing stuff you read years ago being animated. I’m happy with the art style change, it’s pretty similar to the source material. I’m interested to see how they deal with some of the information that was cut from season 1. I wonder if they’ll have flashbacks or something.
Mar 30, 7:58 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to SpongyMallard
We still don’t know who is actually doing the animating, but the trailers look good.

It’s so weird seeing stuff you read years ago being animated. I’m happy with the art style change, it’s pretty similar to the source material. I’m interested to see how they deal with some of the information that was cut from season 1. I wonder if they’ll have flashbacks or something.
@SpongyMallard We do, it's literally listed in the staff list. The Answer Studio.
Mar 31, 5:25 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to Oongbuh
@SpongyMallard We do, it's literally listed in the staff list. The Answer Studio.
@Oongbuh

If the key animators are listed in the picture, I can’t read Japanese. MAL doesn’t have any credits for any animators, which is why I said “actually animating it”. We know the studio, but not the people who are doing the animation.
Mar 31, 7:34 AM
Oct 2014
As long as Kevin works on the OST, I'm good.
Apr 1, 1:11 AM
Jun 2019
There are honestly so many red flags so far. Holding out hope that I am wrong about this.
Apr 15, 3:24 PM
Jan 2020
S1 of the anime itself should have been 24 episodes, covering S1 of the webtoon. They skipped so much stuff that most anime onlys won’t even be able to make sense of the tower’s lore and everything. The PV for S2 looks good, but the fact that they haven’t released a trailer yet is a red flag. SIU is back to his peak with recent webtoon chapters, hopefully the anime can generate the hype that TOG rightfully deserves
Apr 16, 7:05 PM
Jan 2021
Reply to Alif2004
S1 of the anime itself should have been 24 episodes, covering S1 of the webtoon. They skipped so much stuff that most anime onlys won’t even be able to make sense of the tower’s lore and everything. The PV for S2 looks good, but the fact that they haven’t released a trailer yet is a red flag. SIU is back to his peak with recent webtoon chapters, hopefully the anime can generate the hype that TOG rightfully deserves
@Alif2004

They really didn’t skip that much. The beginning was the worst, but the anime still had the gist of it included. There was an entire episode(chapter) that was skipped, but there was literally no story in it and it would have been a quick montage in the anime. There’s stuff about a character that is mentioned over and over, but the anime again gave the gist of it. There was some other minor things skipped over. 24 episodes would have been too long, I think 16 episodes would have been plenty.

Stretch out the opening by another episode, have an extra episode for one of the later arcs and then just give a bit more time overall by stretching everything out a little bit and it’s perfect.

Season 2 actually does need at least 24 episodes as more stuff is going on and the episode are a little longer. Each continuing season(if they even do more) will also need 24 episodes or longer.

Anime onlys can also just read the webtoon. It’s not long and they’ll get all of the info. There’s still lots and lots of time to read the first season if they really want to know everything.
Apr 16, 8:16 PM
Aug 2017
Reply to Alif2004
@Alif2004

24 episodes for S1 would be clearly too much. 16 eps, max 18 eps would be enough to cover every page in full.

Now the anime S2 would certainly need much more, depending on how they want to adapt manhwa\webtoon S2.

I think the following pace would suffice to cover most material (arc name spoilers, up to the end of webtoon S2):

Will they adapt it like this? Questionable. But it would be an acceptable pacing.
The issue is, webtoon S2 chapters are way longer (2-3 times easily) than S1 chapters. And in S3, SIU goes nuts with chapters as long as 5-6 times than average S1 chapter.
Apr 17, 9:51 AM
Jan 2020
SpongyMallard said:
@Alif2004

They really didn’t skip that much. The beginning was the worst, but the anime still had the gist of it included. There was an entire episode(chapter) that was skipped, but there was literally no story in it and it would have been a quick montage in the anime. There’s stuff about a character that is mentioned over and over, but the anime again gave the gist of it. There was some other minor things skipped over. 24 episodes would have been too long, I think 16 episodes would have been plenty.

Stretch out the opening by another episode, have an extra episode for one of the later arcs and then just give a bit more time overall by stretching everything out a little bit and it’s perfect.

Season 2 actually does need at least 24 episodes as more stuff is going on and the episode are a little longer. Each continuing season(if they even do more) will also need 24 episodes or longer.

Anime onlys can also just read the webtoon. It’s not long and they’ll get all of the info. There’s still lots and lots of time to read the first season if they really want to know everything.

I understand your point. I was wrong, let me rephrase my statement. The anime didn’t exclude much, but it did exclude some significant moments and scenes. For example, Baam and Endorsi’s training in the webtoon and also how devastated she was when Baam died that she didn’t come out of her room for days, meanwhile in the anime Endorsi doesn’t even care that Baam died. This is very important because Endorsi literally becomes a love interest for Baam, later on. Similarly, the anime also fails at properly explaining the tower, its structure, regulars and irregulars, shinsu and positions, about Rankers and High Rankers, about Jahad and the 10 Family Heads. Of course, the webtoon also suffered from similar issues which were solved by the existence of blogposts. A lot of crucial info the fans of TOG know comes from the blogposts, not even mentioned in the webtoon, the anime needs to be careful and explain those info by consulting with SIU regarding what info should be revealed and etc.
Apr 17, 10:02 AM
Jan 2020
wolf-of-war said:
@Alif2004

24 episodes for S1 would be clearly too much. 16 eps, max 18 eps would be enough to cover every page in full.

Now the anime S2 would certainly need much more, depending on how they want to adapt manhwa\webtoon S2.

I think the following pace would suffice to cover most material (arc name spoilers, up to the end of webtoon S2):

Will they adapt it like this? Questionable. But it would be an acceptable pacing.
The issue is, webtoon S2 chapters are way longer (2-3 times easily) than S1 chapters. And in S3, SIU goes nuts with chapters as long as 5-6 times than average S1 chapter.

Bruh they will never make that many episodes and some of tge arcs like Return of the Prince don’t need that many episodes. What S2 needs is a 24 episodes, covering the Return of the Prince Arc and Workshop Battle arcs. Has there been any info about how many episodes S2 will have, it definitely needs 24 episodes at the minimum.

More topics from this board

» Don't have high expectations. It will probably be more rushed than the 1st season

meyve - Aug 8, 2022

21 by meyve »»
Apr 24, 11:58 AM

» Extended Season 2 Teaser Unseen

DiamondDream - Mar 23

0 by DiamondDream »»
Mar 23, 8:05 AM

» Bandai Namco have a full panel for tog at japan convention

rousseau888 - Mar 9

9 by rousseau888 »»
Mar 22, 11:56 PM

» New visual and additional cast

Dbagas8 - Mar 14

23 by tsubasalover »»
Mar 22, 11:27 PM

» Official teaser with Taichi Ichikawa

SideCharacterKal - Feb 24

13 by Frank169 »»
Feb 27, 8:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.