Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 21, 9:18 AM

Feb 2024
He only helped with the composition and didnt get any credits since it's a small work, yet somehow MAL lists him as the script writer, even though Oshii is already listed as the one who wrote the screenplay.
Mar 22, 5:39 AM

May 2021
I decided to check other sites with staff lists I think are more credible (specifically AniDB and Anime News Network) and the latter also lists Kon as a writer, but specified that he’s uncredited. After digging a little deeper, I couldn’t really find anything else backing this up, so it seems like it’s just a rumor which was perpetuated by the fact that anyone can edit these sites and misinformation is common among older anime
Barely catching my breath!
Lay my eyes on the crest!
Gonna square up to all of the heat that is left!
So I carry the torch! To Inferno! Inferno!
Mar 22, 7:49 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to Infamous_Empire
I decided to check other sites with staff lists I think are more credible (specifically AniDB and Anime News Network) and the latter also lists Kon as a writer, but specified that he’s uncredited. After digging a little deeper, I couldn’t really find anything else backing this up, so it seems like it’s just a rumor which was perpetuated by the fact that anyone can edit these sites and misinformation is common among older anime
@Infamous_Empire

Check it again, ANN doesn't credit Kon as writer but only under the category of "Composition Cooperation", which I have already mentioned. Let's not spread any more false information.
Mar 22, 8:14 AM

Jun 2016
This is more of an issue of how the website displays data. When submitting a contribution someone made to an anime you choose from a broad category and then you can write a short free text comment to specify. When viewing staff from the anime's page only the broad category is visible while if you view it from the person's page you can see the entire thing.
I think the way it's represented here is more appropriate:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0193253/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_cl_sm
Might need to submit a change request to make MAL's page more similar to IMDb's.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Jul 14, 2010

92 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 6, 3:05 AM

» Tatsuki Fujimoto just recommended this!!!

Chiragthegreat - Dec 17, 2023

5 by Steez76 »»
Dec 18, 2023 3:22 PM

» Kei Amemiya from "Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade" (1999)

RJDA - Feb 21, 2023

0 by RJDA »»
Feb 21, 2023 6:50 PM

» Do I need to watch any other movies in the "Kerberos saga" before I watch "Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade"?

BearfootTruck - Dec 28, 2020

2 by St0rmblade »»
Dec 26, 2022 4:05 AM

» Fuse made the right choice?

Milk-plus__ - Nov 26, 2008

42 by -Xenophon- »»
Aug 26, 2022 12:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.