Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 3, 2:53 PM
Nov 2021
I swear so many of them felt like I was watching Star Wars
They were really similar in term of composition

Like some that really gives me the Star Wars vibes are :
Suprise Attack (literally a Star Wars Ost)
Juggernaut
At The Arena
Facing Fate

And many more
So really was wondering if I was the only one
Mar 3, 3:32 PM
Jan 2021
it sure seems that way
Mar 3, 4:17 PM
Jul 2022
I dunno, I don't watch SW what with me having taste :p
Mar 3, 5:03 PM
Mar 2020
I’ve never seen Star Wars so I wouldn’t know, but I do listen to Danmachis OST regularly as it’s so damn good!
Mar 3, 5:20 PM
Apr 2021
For whatever reason I never noticed the ost in this series. Next time I watch I’ll pay closer attention to it.
Mar 3, 10:08 PM

Apr 2021
N1nj4L1nk said:

Originals are the best

Prequels are fun

Don’t watch the other movies
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 3, 10:09 PM

Apr 2021
NekoToChiru said:

Juggernaut
At The Arena
Facing Fate

And many more

What does OST mean?
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 3, 11:23 PM
Jan 2023
NekoToChiru said:

Juggernaut
At The Arena
Facing Fate

And many more

didn't watch Star wars but the OST pure gold
Mar 4, 1:54 AM
Jun 2021
ejleon said:
NekoToChiru said:

Juggernaut
At The Arena
Facing Fate

And many more

What does OST mean?

Stands for ‘Original Soundtrack’. Basically just the background music.
Mar 4, 4:04 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Trapx1011
ejleon said:
NekoToChiru said:

Juggernaut
At The Arena
Facing Fate

And many more

What does OST mean?

Stands for ‘Original Soundtrack’. Basically just the background music.
@Trapx1011 thank you for explaining

Mar 4, 4:39 AM
Nov 2021
majin_mark505 said:
For whatever reason I never noticed the ost in this series. Next time I watch I’ll pay closer attention to it.

https://youtu.be/FHuD5y-PZM0?si=9QO4WJ6sVaafrvHk

I'll put an example of Star Wars Ost and then look at "Amphisbaena ost from Danmachi S4" you'll see what I meant
Mar 4, 4:40 AM
Nov 2021
opemmanuel said:
I’ve never seen Star Wars so I wouldn’t know, but I do listen to Danmachis OST regularly as it’s so damn good!

Just put an example above
Mar 4, 10:40 AM
Jan 2023
NekoToChiru said:
majin_mark505 said:

https://youtu.be/FHuD5y-PZM0?si=9QO4WJ6sVaafrvHk

I'll put an example of Star Wars Ost and then look at "Amphisbaena ost from Danmachi S4" you'll see what I meant

yeah it gives similar vibes I think maybe better but can't relate much cuz I haven't watch the movies.
Mar 7, 2:49 PM
Jul 2022
ejleon said:
N1nj4L1nk said:

Originals are the best

Prequels are fun

I'll just not watch any of them. There is plenty of good/great scifi out there without resorting to mediocre stuff.
Mar 7, 4:33 PM

Apr 2021
N1nj4L1nk said:
ejleon said:

Originals are the best

Prequels are fun

I'll just not watch any of them. There is plenty of good/great scifi out there without resorting to mediocre stuff.

And I’m sure you know what “good sci-fi” is?

For example?

Mar 7, 5:59 PM
Jul 2022
ejleon said:
N1nj4L1nk said:

For example?

Good scifi for me is 1. Scifi I enjoy and 2. Not science fantasy.

I can see you're taking me seriously so allow me to set you straight, just because I don't like and have no interest in SW doesn't mean I genuinely think it's bad (at least not all of it). I thought the cheeky smiley :p would have shown that I was being playful but apparently it didn't come across that way.

As for scifi I think is good: old Trek, Firefly, Iain M Bank's Culture novels, Space Dandy, Cowboy Bebop, THGttU "trilogy", and Stargate. Honestly for some reason I mostly prefer my scifi in book form and my fantasy in anime and game form, I dunno why. Ramble over... Sorry
Mar 7, 6:06 PM

Apr 2021
N1nj4L1nk said:
ejleon said:

For example?

I can see you're taking me seriously so allow me to set you straight, just because I don't like and have no interest in SW doesn't mean I genuinely think it's bad (at least not all of it). I thought the cheeky smiley :p would have shown that I was being playful but apparently it didn't come across that way.

As for scifi I think is good: old Trek, Firefly, Iain M Bank's Culture novels, Space Dandy, Cowboy Bebop, THGttU "trilogy", and Stargate. Honestly for some reason I mostly prefer my scifi in book form and my fantasy in anime and game form, I dunno why. Ramble over... Sorry

Hold on… please look at your message again.

I don’t see any “ :p “

I would have known you were not entirely serious if I’d seen that.

Also, most of the ones you mentioned I agree with, but don’t know them all.

Mar 7, 6:31 PM
Jul 2022
ejleon said:
N1nj4L1nk said:

My first message in this thread.

If you wanna chat about scifi feel free to dm me (if you can on this site, I have no idea tbh). We've kinda hijacked someone's post :/
Mar 7, 8:51 PM

Apr 2021
N1nj4L1nk said:
ejleon said:

My first message in this thread.

If you wanna chat about scifi feel free to dm me (if you can on this site, I have no idea tbh). We've kinda hijacked someone's post :/

I apologize, I would have approached you differently had I realized.

Thank you for being patient and explaining.

Thanks for the invite. I think we can send mail messages back and forth, but gotten remember what we write, because it doesn’t keep what we wrote previous when we get a response.

Mar 28, 4:54 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to N1nj4L1nk
ejleon said:
N1nj4L1nk said:

For example?

@N1nj4L1nk I agree that the original SW is science fantasy in some ways (but no more than, say, Dune) but within its context it is far from mediocre.

I feel the same about book Vs anime too, strangely. Aside from Pratchett and a little bit of Tolkien I generally don't read a lot of fantasy prose and I rarely find any SF movies/TV worthwhile. Cowboy Bebop is the obvious exception (to so many things).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2023

205 by chahid »»
May 2, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2023

58 by Thisismobarok »»
Feb 22, 8:16 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2023

123 by amlg »»
Feb 10, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2023

180 by amlg »»
Feb 10, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2023

103 by amlg »»
Feb 10, 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.