Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 6, 12:14 AM

Aug 2021
I have been surfing through Wikipedia just to read about FMA: B. I noticed this webpage's 'truth' character is listed villain's wiki. In that page, he is considered an overarching antagonist of the show.

Reference : https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Truth_(Fullmetal_Alchemist)

What is happening here? If anything, 'Truth' is the most morally good person in the entire FMAB universe. He is the god, the ultimate Disciplinarian in the universe, and the one who upholds good morals. He is just ruthless towards people who did wrong things, by that stance, he should be listed under hero's wiki not villain's wiki.
Jan 6, 1:10 AM

Apr 2016
Well, he was who take Ed's arm and Alphonse's body after all.
That's not a nice thing.
Jan 6, 1:25 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to Daninokuni
Well, he was who take Ed's arm and Alphonse's body after all.
That's not a nice thing.
@Daninokuni

Human Transmutation is like biggest taboo in the FMA universe, it is universally condoned there. Any person who commits the taboo is severely punished, Ed and Al ultimately learn the lesson to not perform human transmutation ever again. In this case, how truth is villain?
Jan 6, 1:46 AM

Mar 2021
Truth is a morally grey character in FMAB universe. And from what little I could remember, he is the reason "Father" turns into an antagonist, thus making him an overarching antagonist.

Overarching Antagonist: an antagonist or villain who is the reason the Main Antagonist or Big Bad started the conflict in the first place.

So, my understanding is that, A character need not necessarily be a bad person to be an overarching antagonist.
Jan 6, 6:42 AM
Jul 2016
The truth is the wiki is just simplified into a heroes and villains list while the world (and anime with any complexity) doesn’t work that way. There are no heroes or villains and if there are it’s because the show you’re watching is juvenile.
Jan 6, 6:42 AM
Jul 2016
The truth is the wiki is just simplified into a heroes and villains list while the world (and anime with any complexity) doesn’t work that way. There are no heroes or villains and if there are it’s because the show you’re watching is juvenile.
Jan 6, 6:43 AM
Jul 2016
Jan 6, 10:00 AM
Apr 2017
Ah yes, taking the bodies of children that made a mistake and tried to reunite with their dead mom seems righteous to me. Definetly not the actions of a villain. And let's not forget what he did to Mustang, who performed taboo alchemy completely against his will.
Jan 6, 10:21 AM

Apr 2016
Sanjay63773 said:
@Daninokuni

Human Transmutation is like biggest taboo in the FMA universe, it is universally condoned there. Any person who commits the taboo is severely punished, Ed and Al ultimately learn the lesson to not perform human transmutation ever again. In this case, how truth is villain?

Doing that to literally two kids.
Jan 6, 10:22 AM

Apr 2016
Sanjay63773 said:
@Daninokuni

Doing that to literally two kids.

Al miraculously survived.
You can't kill a child being good.
Jan 6, 12:12 PM
Aug 2021
Truth is the antagonist to Ed. He has his world view and in the end he beats truth by opening his mind to other philosophies. He was a slave to Alchemy and removed it so he could see the world in a more open light
Jan 7, 8:27 AM
Mar 2021
Sanjay63773 said:
I have been surfing through Wikipedia just to read about FMA: B. I noticed this webpage's 'truth' character is listed villain's wiki. In that page, he is considered an overarching antagonist of the show.

Reference : https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Truth_(Fullmetal_Alchemist)

What is happening here? If anything, 'Truth' is the most morally good person in the entire FMAB universe. He is the god, the ultimate Disciplinarian in the universe, and the one who upholds good morals. He is just ruthless towards people who did wrong things, by that stance, he should be listed under hero's wiki not villain's wiki.

i don't think he is morally good or bad he is just an embodiment of the entire universe,way beyond the scope of good or evil

i think he is stated as an antagonist because he is ultimately the final entity Edward had to face to get al's body back but I still think that this reason isn't enough to State him as a villain

More topics from this board

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

133 by Angel_crush1 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.