Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Would you prefer that Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Part 2 to be a seasonal anime or a long-running anime ?

New
Would you prefer that Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Part 2 to be a seasonal anime or a long-running anime ?
Jan 2, 5:53 AM
Apr 2020
KingSunWukongJan 2, 10:59 AM
Jan 2, 6:05 AM
Apr 2023
It's not really about what we would prefer... It's about what needs to he done in order for Boruto to become what it is supposed to be (A generational Anime). I mean... The majority of people who know about Boruto still don't understand why Boruto became such a failed adaptation. If Boruto is gonna come back we need the manga to run for at least 4 years if it's weekly, 6+ years if it's monthly
Jan 2, 6:27 AM
Oct 2022
OPGMitaki said:
It's not really about what we would prefer... It's about what needs to he done in order for Boruto to become what it is supposed to be (A generational Anime). I mean... The majority of people who know about Boruto still don't understand why Boruto became such a failed adaptation. If Boruto is gonna come back we need the manga to run for at least 4 years if it's weekly, 6+ years if it's monthly

agreed.........

Jan 2, 6:40 AM

Jul 2015
This franchise had long running format for over 20 years, so it would hit different.

Jan 2, 7:04 AM
Aug 2021
i think it will surely be
they will not do the same mistake of making a monthly manga a weekly anime
frankly manga quality is below avg,so I would like to see it with Better animation
Jan 2, 8:23 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Boruto should have used different Hidden Village as main settings with different MC and supporting characters and not just downgraded copy paste of Naruto

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 2, 9:18 AM
Aug 2023
People need to see Boruto for what it is. Its main shortcomings are things that were present in Naruto, but nostalgia made people overlook them. It needs to take a step further, that Naruto didn't: become a seasonal anime that focuses mainly on plot and animation, like Jujutsu Kaisen for example. If it keeps doing the same things over and over (fights dragged for too long, fillers that interrupt major points in the story, and an excess of badly timed comedic scenes), even though it's just like Naruto, people won't like it, because it's not trying to do anything original, it's just a "if it isn't broken don't fix it".
Jan 2, 9:28 AM
Aug 2023
Seasonal without a doubt would be the best way to go. The manga only drops a chapter once every month so doing a long running format again for part 2 will just cause the same problems as part 1. Boruto should’ve always been seasonal if it had and covered only the manga and gave the studio more time to focus on animation boruto could’ve been received much better than it had been.
Jan 2, 11:55 AM
Mar 2019
long running cause it always been like that and it helps with pacing by having filler that is good helps with the flow of things.
Jan 2, 10:21 PM
Nov 2012
Dear god just wait until TYBW is finished and put that team onto boruto for seasonal airing 😭
Jan 3, 6:48 PM
Feb 2022
It’s needs to be seasonal I don’t want filler at all
Jan 3, 7:12 PM

Aug 2019
Seasonal. There's no reason for it to be 90% filler like the first Boruto series was.
Jan 3, 9:19 PM
Jul 2016
Depends. If they make filler, I would want it to be long running. I actually love Boruto’s filler, they did a consistently nice job with it. If they just stretch out the manga chapters with longer scenes instead of filler, I would very much prefer seasonal. Nothing I hate more than canon content being given snail pacing just so it can be long running (looks at One Piece). Given that filler has always been the Naruto anime ninja way, I vote long running.

And I will never understand people who complain about filler. If you don’t like it, you can skip it and wait for a canon manga arc to return. If you force yourself to watch it and hate it that’s on you. Skipping filler is the exact same experience as the show being seasonal, you have to wait either way. Plenty of us enjoy the filler and prefer it over the show being seasonal. There is really no advantage to the show being seasonal.
DiamondDust9Jan 3, 9:24 PM
Jan 3, 9:20 PM
Jul 2016
OPGMitaki said:

Who says Boruto is a “failed adaptation”?? I don’t think that’s unanimous my friend. I thought it was fantastic.
Jan 3, 9:23 PM

Jan 2017
DiamondDust9 said:
Who says Boruto is a “failed adaptation”??

Everyone who doesn't understand what a filler is, and think the Anime has 90% of it.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jan 3, 9:32 PM
Apr 2023
DiamondDust9 said:
OPGMitaki said:

Who says Boruto is a “failed adaptation”?? I don’t think that’s unanimous my friend. I thought it was fantastic.

Cmon man... Don't lie to yourself. I've been a Naruto fan for all my life. Trust me when I say I loved the moments where Boruto really shined as well. But you cannot lie to yourself that an Anime that has such an incredible amount of fillers and a studio which makes such bad decisions to continue instead of letting the manga develop more is a good one. That's on the same level of delusion as someone saying that Dragonball isn't one of the living pillars of Anime history
Jan 3, 9:34 PM
Jul 2016
Alexioos95 said:
DiamondDust9 said:

Everyone who doesn't understand what a filler is, and think the Anime has 90% of it.

Lol, 100% agree with you.
Jan 3, 9:34 PM
Apr 2023
OPGMitaki said:
DiamondDust9 said:

Cmon man... Don't lie to yourself. I've been a Naruto fan for all my life. Trust me when I say I loved the moments where Boruto really shined as well. But you cannot lie to yourself that an Anime that has such an incredible amount of fillers and a studio which makes such bad decisions to continue instead of letting the manga develop more is a good one. That's on the same level of delusion as someone saying that Dragonball isn't one of the living pillars of Anime history

The "Adaptation" itself might not be a failure considering the fact that the adaptation refers to the animation of the MANGA. But the choice of drowning the Anime in fillers which were mostly low-quality instead of not airing at all until the manga was further developed was the bad choice which absolutely shattered Boruto's reputation
Jan 3, 9:43 PM
Jul 2016
OPGMitaki said:
DiamondDust9 said:

That argument makes no sense. It’s just a misconception that filler should never be made, that idea is what is delusional. If you don’t like filler, don’t watch it. No one is forcing you to watch it. You can literally just skip the filler and only watch the manga canon arcs, which will functionally be similar if not the same as if it was seasonal for you. Why would it matter if they waited and only adapted manga canon content? That makes no difference, you still have to wait. An adaptation should be judged by it’s manga canon content for saying whether or not it is a good “adaptation”. Filler is not adapted material at all. That being said, I am of the opinion that Boruto also has high quality filler that is worth watching. I like it just how it is.
Jan 3, 9:48 PM
Jul 2016
OPGMitaki said:
OPGMitaki said:

The "Adaptation" itself might not be a failure considering the fact that the adaptation refers to the animation of the MANGA. But the choice of drowning the Anime in fillers which were mostly low-quality instead of not airing at all until the manga was further developed was the bad choice which absolutely shattered Boruto's reputation

I could not care less about the show’s reputation, that has nothing to do with my enjoyment of it. People can just skip filler and have a seasonal experience that way, they don’t have to watch filler. Meanwhile, I will be enjoying the filler. It’s a win-win, people just whine because they don’t have the sense to skip filler they dislike. The reputation of the anime sucks because people have shitty takes when it comes to filler, not because it’s a failed adaptation.
Jan 3, 9:58 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Alexioos95
DiamondDust9 said:

@Alexioos95 Literally the vast majority of the episodes from the first Boruto anime were just pointless anime-exclusive storylines with random ass single-arc characters that didn't affect the overall Kara plot. That's what people mean by filler.

And yeah, I do think it's a failed adaptation. The fact that they had to pad it out with so much filler and then end the series almost a year ago while the manga is still running pretty much proves that the studio couldn't handle adapting the story properly.
Jan 3, 10:03 PM

Jan 2017
Early_Morning said:
Literally the vast majority of the episodes from the first Boruto anime were just pointless anime-exclusive storylines with random ass single-arc characters that didn't affect the overall Kara plot.

From what i remember, the majority of them (mostly the "Anime-Canon" ones) were developping characters.
They were supervised by Kishimoto, and included in the adaptation because there is no time for that in a monthly Manga.

Early_Morning said:
That's what people mean by filler.

Yeah, and that's wrong.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jan 3, 10:07 PM
Apr 2023
DiamondDust9 said:
OPGMitaki said:

I could not care less about the show’s reputation, that has nothing to do with my enjoyment of it. People can just skip filler and have a seasonal experience that way, they don’t have to watch filler. Meanwhile, I will be enjoying the filler. It’s a win-win, people just whine because they don’t have the sense to skip filler they dislike. The reputation of the anime sucks because people have shitty takes when it comes to filler, not because it’s a failed adaptation.

Yes, I completely agree with you and you are completely right. But then again... Not many people think like us... Unfortunately. I don't mind fillers at all. But the fact that if Boruto would've waited to start airing for more than 2 years after the end of Naruto then things would've gotten better and much more consistency would have been seen.
Jan 3, 10:08 PM
Apr 2023
DiamondDust9 said:
OPGMitaki said:

But yeah, the canon arcs will always go down in history and they'll always be deep in the hearts of true fans
Jan 4, 5:19 AM
Jul 2016
Early_Morning said:
@Alexioos95 Literally the vast majority of the episodes from the first Boruto anime were just pointless anime-exclusive storylines with random ass single-arc characters that didn't affect the overall Kara plot. That's what people mean by filler.

And yeah, I do think it's a failed adaptation. The fact that they had to pad it out with so much filler and then end the series almost a year ago while the manga is still running pretty much proves that the studio couldn't handle adapting the story properly.

What do you think the purpose of filler is?
Jan 4, 5:42 AM
Jul 2016
OPGMitaki said:
DiamondDust9 said:

Yes, I completely agree with you and you are completely right. But then again... Not many people think like us... Unfortunately. I don't mind fillers at all. But the fact that if Boruto would've waited to start airing for more than 2 years after the end of Naruto then things would've gotten better and much more consistency would have been seen.

It would have been more consistent, yeah. I think it’s clear that the manga canon content is still far better than the filler, even if I really like the filler. I would never expect filler to be as good as manga canon though. The fact that it’s good at all is a triumph, especially after how bad the filler writing in Part 1 and Part 2 was. It feels like they actually have a damn about the filler quality in Boruto, which is awesome.

They could have waited, but it’s obvious why they didn’t wait, right? Money. Pierrot wanted to fully capitalize on Shippuden’s success and popularity by not waiting. I have no idea if it backfired on them financially due to the Boruto hate, but I would assume not considering the series is going strong and doing well all things considered. It’s more popular than some like to admit. Reputation is nice, but money is how the anime gets made. I don’t care how much filler they have as long as they adapt the canon content well, and if filler makes them money to continue creating good manga adapted episodes that is a win for everyone. Another reason there is so much filler is because the manga only releases one 50 or so page chapter per month as opposed to like 80 or so pages a month with weekly short chapters from part 1 and part 2. People just don’t realize all these things, unfortunately. To me it is just ignorance of what the purpose of what filler is, and that many people don’t even give filler a chance at all.
Jan 11, 6:55 AM
Dec 2013
Long-running, just so I can have something to look forward to every week in the long-term.
Jan 15, 11:04 AM

Feb 2021
I don't see how they could do the format they've done with Boruto Part 1 for Part 2, there's not nearly as much wiggle room for anime-only arcs like Part 1
Feb 2, 2:03 AM

Sep 2016
To not be a thing at all tbh
Feb 17, 7:32 AM
Aug 2020
DiamondDust9 said:
Depends. If they make filler, I would want it to be long running. I actually love Boruto’s filler, they did a consistently nice job with it. If they just stretch out the manga chapters with longer scenes instead of filler, I would very much prefer seasonal. Nothing I hate more than canon content being given snail pacing just so it can be long running (looks at One Piece). Given that filler has always been the Naruto anime ninja way, I vote long running.

And I will never understand people who complain about filler. If you don’t like it, you can skip it and wait for a canon manga arc to return. If you force yourself to watch it and hate it that’s on you. Skipping filler is the exact same experience as the show being seasonal, you have to wait either way. Plenty of us enjoy the filler and prefer it over the show being seasonal. There is really no advantage to the show being seasonal.

One Piece Wano moment.
Feb 17, 7:36 AM
Aug 2020
DiamondDust9 said:
OPGMitaki said:

I 100% agree with you. Even tho fillers interrupts canon stuff, it’s still up you to skip or watch. I personally like that interruption. It gives me time to breathe.
Feb 17, 11:15 AM
Nov 2022
Idc as long as we get it as soon as possible 😂, shit is about to get goodd. Even tho I wouldn’t mind having to watch grown Boruto doing side quests during filler arcs
Feb 22, 3:23 AM
Aug 2023
Detective_Lupin said:
Dear god just wait until TYBW is finished and put that team onto boruto for seasonal airing 😭

This. 100%. It's the same studio anyway
Feb 22, 3:25 AM
Aug 2023
DiamondDust9 said:

Nice point, I never thought about filler this way. The only problem is the animation budget, but they could spend more on canon.
Feb 27, 12:06 PM
Jan 2019
I like Naruto universe. The more is the better even if filler.

You can always not watch filler episodes if you don't like them.
Mar 3, 7:57 PM
Feb 2016
The idiots claiming that the series needs to:

1. Follow the manga to the letter

2. Ditch the "filler"

3. And stick to the super important and only important

Are going to ironically be the same idiots who will bitch and moan when there are no moments of downtime. JJK suffered from this throughout season 2 where barely anyone cared about characters dying & suffering because the series spent so much time focusing hard on the plot with no downtime or time to breathe. Having a show be All Gas No Breaks is NOT a good thing.

Anyways, Boruto needs to continue as a long-running and keep doing it's own thing. Critics are welcome & necessary but the braindead can fuck right off.
Mar 30, 10:42 AM
Jul 2016
Reply to diasluah_
DiamondDust9 said:

Nice point, I never thought about filler this way. The only problem is the animation budget, but they could spend more on canon.
@diasluah_ The animation budget going towards the filler? I assure you they are making money from the filler, not losing money. Otherwise, they would go seasonal if that made them more money. If anything filler gets more money for them to devote to canon fight scene animation. It's just a win-win across the board IMO.
Mar 30, 10:46 AM

Apr 2021
People still think animation quality is based on just "having money" and nothing else. Money isn't going to change Boruto's terrible schedules.
Mar 30, 10:48 AM
Jul 2016
Reply to Neko_38
DiamondDust9 said:

One Piece Wano moment.
@Neko_38 Tell me about it. Wano is one of my favorite arcs but it was SO painful to watch at times. I am a huge One Piece fan who has tolerated a lot of BS pacing, but even I had to take a break from the show for the first time in years because of how bad the padding was after they reached Onigashima. People who want that over filler are crazy to me. One Piece could be a way better adaptation if it went the filler route.
Mar 31, 7:12 AM
Aug 2020
Reply to DiamondDust9
@Neko_38 Tell me about it. Wano is one of my favorite arcs but it was SO painful to watch at times. I am a huge One Piece fan who has tolerated a lot of BS pacing, but even I had to take a break from the show for the first time in years because of how bad the padding was after they reached Onigashima. People who want that over filler are crazy to me. One Piece could be a way better adaptation if it went the filler route.
@DiamondDust9 Right ? Get just straight to the point. If there isn't material for that, then fill the gap with some fillers and then get straight to the point.
Mar 31, 7:16 AM

Apr 2016
none of the above. should've been something different rather than a continuation of shippuden or something.

More topics from this board

» Boruto Part 2 Adaptation by Pierrot

rielizer - Mar 17

9 by onsidewolf »»
Mar 20, 10:10 PM

» Release date?

RealCheeze - Mar 25, 2023

22 by yesvirgi »»
Dec 13, 2023 11:59 AM

» Time skip?

Asim_OV - Mar 12, 2023

12 by _Kakashi_Sensei_ »»
Aug 17, 2023 8:15 PM

D_Doc - Mar 14, 2023

13 by Mystogan14579 »»
Mar 27, 2023 12:15 PM

» Release date prediction?

PrOxAnto - Mar 12, 2023

30 by SindarinGhoul »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.