Forum Settings
Forums

"Chainsaw Man" creator Tatsuki Fujimoto has revealed that the motive of Reze & Denji is inspired by the Anime Movie "Jin-Roh - The Wolf Brigade" by Production I.G. and is recommending everyone to watch it!

New
Dec 16, 2023 11:41 PM

Nov 2022
Saw this movie before reading the CSM manga and could only realize the connection now lol.

Dec 16, 2023 11:52 PM

Feb 2014
this one? Just want to understand my waifu better
Dec 17, 2023 12:03 AM
Jan 2018
Reply to curvedtree
this one? Just want to understand my waifu better
@curvedtree ye that 1. It's been a min so I might need to rewatch it too lol
Dec 17, 2023 12:33 AM

Oct 2013
And one of main themes of the aforementioned Jin-Roh movie was... Little Red Riding Hood fairy tale. :P

The movie's great, by the way. I doubt Chainsaw Man movie will top its quality, but who knows.
Dec 17, 2023 12:56 AM

Oct 2010
fuji has trash taste in media, jin-roh was bad. The only good thing he recommended was dandadan
Dec 17, 2023 1:05 AM

May 2009
Reply to Catalano
fuji has trash taste in media, jin-roh was bad. The only good thing he recommended was dandadan
@Catalano If Jin-Roh was bad then why did you rate it 7/10?
Dec 17, 2023 2:10 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to bastek66
@Catalano If Jin-Roh was bad then why did you rate it 7/10?
@bastek66 Terminally online syndrome. He is obliged for trash takes.
Dec 17, 2023 4:27 AM

Sep 2014
thats a bit far fetched, maybe if the roles are reversed? Still not really fitting at all.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 17, 2023 4:35 AM
Mar 2022
Isn’t that movie a sequel to something else?
Dec 17, 2023 4:58 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to MovieDogg
Isn’t that movie a sequel to something else?
@MovieDogg No it's stand alone movie not a sequel.
Dec 17, 2023 5:00 AM
Mar 2022
ZXEAN said:

That is incorrect. I literally just looked it up and it’s part of a series
Dec 17, 2023 5:09 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to MovieDogg
ZXEAN said:

That is incorrect. I literally just looked it up and it’s part of a series
@MovieDogg Which series are you talking about ?
Dec 17, 2023 5:11 AM
Mar 2022
ZXEAN said:

It’s a series called Kerberos Saga, and Jin Roh is a part of it. This is simple stuff, just look it up.
Dec 17, 2023 5:13 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to MovieDogg
ZXEAN said:

It’s a series called Kerberos Saga, and Jin Roh is a part of it. This is simple stuff, just look it up.
@MovieDogg Jin Rou is the adaption of Kerberos Saga. They just change the name.
Dec 17, 2023 5:24 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to ZXEAN
@MovieDogg Jin Rou is the adaption of Kerberos Saga. They just change the name.
@ZXEAN No, dude. That's really not it. I mean, you can watch it as a standalone I guess, but it IS a part of an extended universe. Literally just check Jin-Roh in wikipedia and you'll see that the Keberos Saga started in 1987 with the radio drama "While Waiting for the Red Spectacles" and had like 5 other instalments before Jin-Roh, some of them being manga and some being live-action films.
Dec 17, 2023 5:30 AM
Nov 2015
what is bro talking about. Wasnt jin roh a movie with almost zero colour about an alternative history where fascists took over and a soldier who watches a young girl commit suicide in a terrorist attack?A And follows a tragic love story of a man trying to overcome PTSD and a woman dealing with the death of her sister. CSM's romance was them getting naked in a pool. PLus jin roh had incredible hand drawn animation which MAPPA hates. What an insane statement. Its like if the minions director said minions 3 will follow an all quiet on the western front motif.
Dec 17, 2023 5:32 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to GoatChan
@ZXEAN No, dude. That's really not it. I mean, you can watch it as a standalone I guess, but it IS a part of an extended universe. Literally just check Jin-Roh in wikipedia and you'll see that the Keberos Saga started in 1987 with the radio drama "While Waiting for the Red Spectacles" and had like 5 other instalments before Jin-Roh, some of them being manga and some being live-action films.
@GoatChan Ok I didn't knew about that.
Dec 17, 2023 5:33 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to Comander-07
thats a bit far fetched, maybe if the roles are reversed? Still not really fitting at all.
@Comander-07 I had the same impression. The fact that two works of art share somewhat similar themes, doesn't mean that said works of art are alike themselves. Remembering this arc from the manga, while I see some similarities in themes used in Reze-arc and one of core themes featured in Jin-Roh, I just can't see any huge inspiration. On top of that, Jin-Roh's story was heavily influenced by the "Little Red Riding Hood" fairy tale. I don't see remember much stuff from Reze-arc that'd make me think about this fairy tale. That's why while I see shards of inspiration here and there, I don't think these two works of art are that much similar when it comes to their leading themes.
Dec 17, 2023 6:14 AM

Jul 2017
loved the movie but saw it years ago so idr it. gotta rewatch it now
Dec 17, 2023 11:00 AM

Sep 2014
Reply to Adnash
@Comander-07 I had the same impression. The fact that two works of art share somewhat similar themes, doesn't mean that said works of art are alike themselves. Remembering this arc from the manga, while I see some similarities in themes used in Reze-arc and one of core themes featured in Jin-Roh, I just can't see any huge inspiration. On top of that, Jin-Roh's story was heavily influenced by the "Little Red Riding Hood" fairy tale. I don't see remember much stuff from Reze-arc that'd make me think about this fairy tale. That's why while I see shards of inspiration here and there, I don't think these two works of art are that much similar when it comes to their leading themes.
@Adnash yeah this also makes me worried that they will adjust the plot in some way.

IIRC the crucial difference is in Jin Roh

The "opposing fronts" setting only really makes sense as an analogy when there isnt a third front which the first also wants to get into her pants off. This just makes it a circle/triangle relationship.

PS: if anyone cares for Jin Roh here I personally recommend the korean live action adaption on netflix, its just as good as the anime but changes some part to stay fresh
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 17, 2023 11:35 AM

Jun 2016
Reply to ANDy342
what is bro talking about. Wasnt jin roh a movie with almost zero colour about an alternative history where fascists took over and a soldier who watches a young girl commit suicide in a terrorist attack?A And follows a tragic love story of a man trying to overcome PTSD and a woman dealing with the death of her sister. CSM's romance was them getting naked in a pool. PLus jin roh had incredible hand drawn animation which MAPPA hates. What an insane statement. Its like if the minions director said minions 3 will follow an all quiet on the western front motif.
@ANDy342 No it's a movie about people with cool armor using MG42s.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Dec 17, 2023 2:49 PM

Apr 2010
wow another shitty movie to milk the fans at the cinema and releasing it blue ray a year later. I had hopes for a season 2 but whatever

More topics from this board

» New Trailer when?

KanjiWrld - Apr 13

4 by JesseBoi »»
May 22, 11:47 AM

» Rezebros our time has come

mahrjose - Dec 20, 2023

18 by Dragevard »»
May 9, 12:40 PM

» Will they change the animation, art direction or not? ( 1 2 )

ArimaKana - Dec 16, 2023

64 by Mitski99 »»
May 8, 1:03 AM

» Expecting less and enjoying the chainsaw man movie is the best way not to feel disappointed.

DatajI - Jan 30

48 by Leon888 »»
Apr 9, 9:56 PM

» Possible Director/Directors predictions

XINE0717 - Mar 5

11 by HunterZ_PT »»
Apr 8, 1:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.