Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 22, 2023 1:33 PM

Feb 2022
So, what exactly is the logic behind MAL's tagging? Both the movie and the anime had the Girls Love tag before, the manga still does, heck it's published on Yurihime... And now it got taken out.
Why?
Oct 22, 2023 1:41 PM

Mar 2020
MAL DB being a big dumb-dumb. I get the movie getting tag removed (tbh I don't find it much "yuri" compared to main show), but I find it weird that the manga has it yet the TV show got it removed.

Only you can save yourself.
I only know what I know, I guess?
Yuri enjoyer and El Cazador de la Bruja fan
Oct 22, 2023 2:08 PM

Jul 2015
The last scene of the movie one girl unironically says "We are friends".

Oct 22, 2023 5:57 PM

Feb 2022
Reply to Piromysl
The last scene of the movie one girl unironically says "We are friends".
@Piromysl true, but so they do in near any of such shows, Girls Love tag or not.
You've heard about the "room mates" thing right?

I kinda get it if the tag gets shifted to shows where the romance between girls is the main/only theme tho, but then again so would many other shows lose the tag.
Hella ambiguous for sure, I agree if one says that. But then again the source material itself has it and it did have since airing, the change is recent...
Oct 22, 2023 9:40 PM

Mar 2020
Kalvin_ET said:
@Piromysl true, but so they do in near any of such shows, Girls Love tag or not.

I kinda get it if the tag gets shifted to shows where the romance between girls is the main/only theme tho, but then again so would many other shows lose the tag.
Hella ambiguous for sure, I agree if one says that. But then again the source material itself has it and it did have since airing, the change is recent...

Adding onto this, Yuru Yuri is GL yet I feel is close to be like this (main "relationship" in there feels like Hinata and Noa in here).

Only you can save yourself.
I only know what I know, I guess?
Yuri enjoyer and El Cazador de la Bruja fan
Oct 23, 2023 1:52 PM

Feb 2022
Reply to BetterBegoneThot
Kalvin_ET said:

Adding onto this, Yuru Yuri is GL yet I feel is close to be like this (main "relationship" in there feels like Hinata and Noa in here).
@BetterBegoneThot yep, relationships wise they're very similar. Now imagine if they really try to claim that the anime with Yuri in it's name doesn't qualify? Now that would be funny!

Heck, the Wataten anime has very little excuses to not having the tag considering the whole dang story only started because a girl falls in love with another...
Oct 24, 2023 7:50 AM
Oct 2022
maybe it's to avoid the argument that Miyako is a pedo and instead play it off as harmless teasing

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! Precious Friends Episode 1 Discussion

Usopp8000 - Oct 20, 2022

41 by Rasco »»
Jan 28, 10:55 AM

» Excited for the movie? :D

taigaisak4 - Oct 13, 2022

9 by Takamura-sama »»
Oct 16, 2022 12:54 AM

» Theatrical Adaption Format Revealed

_MushiRock11_ - Feb 6, 2021

13 by tsubasalover »»
Sep 9, 2022 2:22 AM

» So this was the new anime project

removed-user - Nov 24, 2020

14 by Cris-kunchan »»
May 15, 2022 3:24 PM

» Music Video?

Outfrootz - Dec 12, 2020

0 by Outfrootz »»
Dec 12, 2020 3:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.