Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 2, 2023 9:14 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to offcrack
ANTITHE5IS said:
@offcrack lol. Kinda funny how FSN fans get defensive about this comparison online every single time without fail. I don't care for FZ enough to defend the 10 characters here you've grossly oversimplified so you can make an overdramatized point, so I'll let you have it. If FZ is a 2/10, FSN is a 1/10. The latter is riddled with cringey VN tropes that jeopardize its attempts at being deep and serious and rely on your suspension of disbelief, has archetypical characters, weaker thematic execution (e.g. the deconstruction of heroism is better explored through Kiritsugu less than 30 EPs than Nasu could with Shirou in nearly a million words, and is something all FZ characters carry), is ridiculously bloated, lacks a cohesive identity, has miserable pacing, has atrocious dialogue, is bereft of any genuine emotion, is tonally dissonant, and has multiple flanderized adaptations of an already bad source material. It is a truly awful piece of work, and FZ is rightly regarded as a better series that accentuates the other as a low-tier nekketsu with high school drama. Nasu is a great conceptualizer and not much else unfortunately.

Don't blame the story for your inability to read into the plot. I'm not even referring to FSN here exclusively you misread zero too despite the story being the most in-your-face unsubtle anime I could ever name. Calling the characters tropes because they're superficially isomorphic to common anime archetypes just shows off your lack of reading comprehension. There's no heroism being "deconstructed" with kiritsugu only his retarded utilitarian belief and this is not carried in "all" of the zero cast unless you think that tokiomi, kuuuru or..5 out of the seven servants don't count as its members (I cant blame you if so they're not very memorable) meanwhile every servant within FSN, every master, is there to explore the main character's psychology and his belief. Lacks a cohesive identity? The only route you can say this for is heaven's feel but even that for all its flaws at no point begins resembling an exploitation movie. Can't say the same for zero though. You can't call fsn tone deaf when zero literally portrays a child being raped by worms on screen and has a master team that exists to kill orphans. All of this is handled with no tact or respect, it's simple shock value but I guess that's why you like it.
Also the dialogue/prose in FSN is among the best in contemporary japanese fiction disregarding all the chuuni parts, you'd know if you weren't an ignorant EOP larper and didn't spend your time on forums typing out half baked pseud opinions on cartoons that are somehow too high brow for you. You're welcome to try naming a second theme that zero explores on its own to support your original claims though, since you instantly failed the first time.
@offcrack truly

"People die if they are killed"

Is one of the dialogues of all time .

Complex Stories are basically sleeping pills . Helps to get some sleep .

Sep 2, 2023 9:16 AM

Aug 2020
STSayeb said:
@offcrack truly

There's no need to embarrass yourself by immortalizing your illiteracy online for the whole world to see
Sep 2, 2023 9:21 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to salad77
@STSayeb Did you read the Visual Novels.
How did it feel out of place?, its literally the original Fate story.
and Fate has never been about plot, but the Characters, which is where the anime failed at adapting.
@salad77 I am not talking about adaption as I don't have any idea about the VN . The flow of the story and execution of the plot was too bland .

FSN was mostly forgettable so I have to watch it again to sort out the problems.

Sep 2, 2023 9:35 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to offcrack
STSayeb said:
@offcrack truly

There's no need to embarrass yourself by immortalizing your illiteracy online for the whole world to see
@offcrack well I didn't say that shi* ! Why tf should I be embarrassed about it ? I just generally mentioned a dialogue that is one of the best in contemporary Japanese fiction .

And yeah I indeed am Illiterate as I don't spend my lifetime understating the FSN VNs and writing all that paragraph online for "the whole world to see ."
STSayebSep 4, 2023 2:37 AM

Sep 2, 2023 9:40 AM

Aug 2020
STSayeb said:
@offcrack well I didn't say that shi* ! Why tf should I be embarrassed about it ? I just generally mentioned a dialogue that isb one of the best in contemporary Japanese fiction .

And yeah I indeed am Illiterate as I don't spend my lifetime understating the FSN VNs and writing all that paragraph online for "the whole world to see ."

I'm sorry that you thought this was a good response
Sep 2, 2023 9:40 AM

Jun 2023
FSNtards truly are a different breed, lmao. Can't really blame them for their rabid behaviour, though. Imagine slobbering over a 60+ hour long hentai game that's so corny you need to cope by telling others to learn a foreign language in order see to its worth like your hentai game is a piece of fine art literature; only for an outsider in less than 3 years to come in and write a vastly more sophisticated story in Nasu's own universe supervised by the mushroom man himself and then get a more popular and vastly superior adaptation both narratively and productionally before the actual original story itself. When casuals think of Fate, they think of Zero - a title that the franchise is wholly undeserving of. FSNtards will NEVER recover from Gen the Urobutcher.
Sep 2, 2023 10:28 AM

Aug 2020
ANTITHE5IS said:
FSNtards truly are a different breed, lmao. Can't really blame them for their rabid behaviour, though. Imagine slobbering over a 60+ hour long hentai game that's so corny you need to cope by telling others to learn a foreign language in order see to its worth like your hentai game is a piece of fine art literature; only for an outsider in less than 3 years to come in and write a vastly more sophisticated story in Nasu's own universe supervised by the mushroom man himself and then get a more popular and vastly superior adaptation both narratively and productionally before the actual original story itself. When casuals think of Fate, they think of Zero - a title that the franchise is wholly undeserving of. FSNtards will NEVER recover from Gen the Urobutcher.

I accept your concession and your fear to properly reply. Off you go now my midwit friend 👋
Sep 2, 2023 2:33 PM
Aug 2023
I voted zero. but they all gave a lot of respect from me, but this comment is to shout out apocrypha. definitely watch if you haven't. extremely solid. zero is just the goat and really well done
Sep 3, 2023 7:41 AM
Jan 2020
They’re all kinda mid tbh
Sep 3, 2023 8:47 AM

Mar 2021
I'm sure there will be more new series in the future, but for now, Fate/Zero is my favorite.

Sep 4, 2023 1:30 AM

Oct 2020
F/0 and F/SN:HF are Good; F/SN:UBW, F/SN:Saber's route and the rest are sheet.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Sep 4, 2023 1:38 AM

May 2021
Reply to salad77
@ANTITHE5IS
ah yes FSN the Harem where in each route theres only 1 girl that is into Shirou

while in Zero Kiritsugu Cheats on his Wife with a child soldier he groomed while also having an adoptive mother that Raped him when he was younger but in the words of Gen urobuchi "she never once drank his semen. The reason being that she had really fallen in love with him"
@salad77 Wait, Natalia raped Kiritsugu? I never knew that lol. I believe this wasn't shown in the anime, was it told at the light novel?

Sep 4, 2023 1:41 AM

Mar 2016
Zero solely for interesting cast of characters.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Sep 4, 2023 2:26 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to MDSTx2
They’re all kinda mid tbh
@MDSTx2 actually yes but Zero was truly peak

Sep 4, 2023 6:46 AM

Jan 2021
Aruchemist said:
@salad77 Wait, Natalia raped Kiritsugu? I never knew that lol. I believe this wasn't shown in the anime, was it told at the light novel?

it was written on her character material page for the light novels.
Read the visual novel nerd
Oct 4, 2023 1:03 PM
Jun 2023
Look, I enjoy Zero and UBW, but prisma illya is underrated. I hate the questionable scenes of it, but apart from that it’s a good show. Especially when you get Gigachad Shirou who steals the protagonist seat.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Yesterday

11 by filthyfrank8142 »»
6 hours ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.