Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 7, 2023 1:51 AM

Jun 2023
I'm not a manga reader, I tried to read some but I'm just not consistent because I didn't really enjoy it.
I also just recently started watching anime again and found some animes to be my favourites. I'm eagerly waiting for their continuation. But the thing is it takes time to completely adapt the source and spoilers are everywhere for more popular anime. So my question is ;

How would you convince someone to start reading manga? Will I still be able to fully enjoy its anime adaptation when I already knew how the story unfolds?

If I started to read, I will probably just read manga only for my favourite animes, I will not read novel or light novel.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 11, 2023 7:31 PM
Apr 2008
I usually convince my friends to read manga by telling them that there are some titles where the manga's content is broader than the anime version or the manga has a slight story difference. Also you might be able to enjoy the anime adaptation because it is a difference experience compared to reading manga (reading vs watching it in action)
Aug 19, 2023 4:08 AM
Jun 2023
I would recommend reading manga because sometimes they can miss out a lot of the story in the anime. For example, in Tokyo Ghoul, the story is way more developed in the manga and I would even say that the anime could sometimes be quite bad in comparison. Also the art is usually taken to a whole other level in the manga as it usually can't be translated into animation, probably due to budget and time. However, sometimes reading manga may take some getting used to if you haven't really experienced it before, I know for me personally it did take a while. I think you'd still end up like watching the anime even if you know how the story unfolds in the manga as watching something can be a much more different experience. Overall, I do think getting into manga is a good idea but it may not be for everyone and if you personally don't enjoy it no matter what you try, don't force yourself to read it as it's perfectly fine to just stick to anime if that's what you love and enjoy watching! :)
Aug 20, 2023 6:37 AM

Aug 2023
I seriously think IT DEPENDS ON THE SERIES AND YOUR PERSONAL TASTES!!!!
If you find it uninteresting then it could either be your tastes, or the series. 
What manga have you tried to read before?

If I were to try to convince someone to read manga, I would use the popular example of the series The Promised Neverland. Although the first season turned  out fine, I would still suggest the manga, and use examples of characters and plot arcs that didn't happen. 

I guess what I'd say, is overall if the manga gives you a new experience from the anime, then go for it! Although, most series are similar enough for me where I will only do one or the other, unless I hear otherwise.  
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1415 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:21 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

2 by Fauzy_Weliady »»
Feb 5, 7:15 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.