Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 5, 2023 7:12 AM

May 2022
that's the neat part....u don't
Aug 5, 2023 7:48 AM
Mar 2022
I had the same issue. I pushed through the whole show but I just couldn’t bring myself to care about any of the annoying characters. Other people like it of course but in my opinion it’s not worth it.
Aug 5, 2023 7:58 AM

Apr 2021
Pekyo said:
ejleon said:

The anime explains multiple times …

Ryuuji is a well built, naturally strong, physically tough, and a rugged guy like his father, with a kind, generous, thoughtful, considerate, patient, understanding character.

Taiga is a short, petite, small framed, physically weak, little girl, with a strong, take no BS, brutally honest, short tempered character, and being physical with people, whether hugging her friend Minori or hitting the guys (especially Ryuuji), is how she expresses herself.

This is to help the audience realize that when Taiga is hitting Ryuuji, it is not harming, hurting, or injuring him at all. In fact, I don’t think he ever has any medical problems (bandaids, bandages, casts, etc) from what Taiga does to him.

Because you are not following the story explanation (background, plot, setup) and the character designs, interactions, dialogue, you are missing all the key cues that are supposed to help you understand that it is not a problem at all.

So when you watch this anime next time, don’t worry about it all, don’t get annoyed, don’t feel bad for Ryuuji, don’t hate Taiga, just ignore it, and realize it is just a comedic aspect of the characters’ relationship.

You put too much effort for these users (except moon_sensei)

they basically don’t like romance, so they will not get convinced

So did I or didn’t I put “too much effort” ?
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Aug 5, 2023 8:02 AM
Jun 2021
ejleon said:
Pekyo said:

You put too much effort for these users (except moon_sensei)

they basically don’t like romance, so they will not get convinced

your answer was great, that’s why some people don’t deserve to read it
Aug 5, 2023 8:12 AM
Dec 2022
_Zanga said:
I dropped this 5 times but forced myself to finish it to see why people say it's a masterpiece. She never stops being annoying. Towards the end of the show she tones down I think but just spare yourself the annoyance and skip this chief you aren't missing out on much. The other characters aren't good either in my opinion. I think the only characters I liked were Ryuji's mom and his teacher

Oh wow finally someone who feels the same way. I’ve forced myself through it twice now, both times with substantial breaks in the middle of the show, and I just don’t see how people think it’s so amazing. I only rewatched it like a year or so later to see if I missed something because people think it’s fantastic. People even watch it yearly on Christmas. I didn’t think the Christmas episode was that good.
I love love love romcoms, but this one was terrible. I also love tsunderes, but her character is poorly done and her calling him a dog all the time was not my cup of tea.
Aug 5, 2023 8:17 AM
Dec 2022
I even have a recommendation list of shows with good tsunderes (because I keep recommendation lists based on different themes) but I can’t stand her. This thread made me realize that Toradora is not on that list because I dislike it so much.
Aug 5, 2023 8:57 AM

Jul 2011
If you want to check out the series but not be as annoyed, I recommend the manga! I disliked the anime, but was randomly gifted the first three toradora volumes and was actually surprised how less irritable everyone was. I think it’s just an adaption issue. Hope this helps!
"Humans are mean by nature, they are kind by choice."
Aug 5, 2023 9:03 AM

Apr 2021
Pekyo said:
ejleon said:

your answer was great, that’s why some people don’t deserve to read it
I see, I’m humbled by your praise

thanks for warning me
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Aug 5, 2023 9:24 AM

Dec 2014
MOON_SENSEI said:
I really want to watch Toaradora and I've tried watching the starting episodes but the girl was hitting the mc so much that it was starting to get irritating, I know it was done for comedy and it works if it's for a few times, but she hits him so much and for no apparent reason. The mc doesn't even defend himself, and it is really irritating to watch. 

I want to ask if this gets better and she stops hitting him once she goes through character development.

I feel you. I like tsundere characters yet even I hated Taiga.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Aug 5, 2023 10:40 AM
Jul 2022
Yeah man, the show isn’t that great to start out. I would totally understand if you dropped it. But if you want to suffer through 16 episodes of frustration and annoyance, you will be rewarded with the rest of the episodes. Because once you get to episode 17 then it slowly gets better. But I do agree that when Taiga hits the MC, it can be really annoying.
Aug 5, 2023 11:12 AM
Jun 2023
Yes taiga is bad female character for me, she is really annoying and abusive, if the role is swapped i'm 100℅ sure people will hate this anime
Aug 5, 2023 11:25 AM
Jul 2021
drop it if you can't deal with it. it doesn't stop
Aug 5, 2023 11:27 AM

Jan 2021
If you can't handle it then I suggest you give up and drop this.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Aug 5, 2023 11:59 AM

Jul 2017
Don't watch it. Taiga isn't worth your time or patience. Horrendous character.

Aug 5, 2023 4:04 PM
Mar 2021
Don't watch this it's a waste off time
Aug 5, 2023 6:05 PM
Jul 2021
probably yes. it's getting better for me
Aug 5, 2023 7:34 PM
Jan 2013
MOON_SENSEI said:
I really want to watch Toaradora and I've tried watching the starting episodes but the girl was hitting the mc so much that it was starting to get irritating, I know it was done for comedy and it works if it's for a few times, but she hits him so much and for no apparent reason. The mc doesn't even defend himself, and it is really irritating to watch. 

I want to ask if this gets better and she stops hitting him once she goes through character development.

She’s a tsundere, idk what to tell you 💀 toradora is an amazing romance but yeah, that shit don’t stop it’s literally one of her personality traits
Aug 6, 2023 12:01 AM
Mar 2022
just watch the whole show damn why can people sit through 1100 episodes of one piece s 45 recycled arcs and not 24 episodes of well written character developmeng
Aug 6, 2023 12:03 AM
Dec 2022
PeeBeeBoi said:
just watch the whole show damn why can people sit through 1100 episodes of one piece s 45 recycled arcs and not 24 episodes of well written character developmeng

because watching anime should be enjoyable not something you have to "sit through"
Aug 6, 2023 12:06 AM
Mar 2022
MOON_SENSEI said:
PeeBeeBoi said:

because watching anime should be enjoyable not something you have to "sit through"

people would find more things theyd enjoy if theyd sit through a couple unappealing/ boring episodes
Aug 6, 2023 1:34 AM
Jul 2023
dorito_flames said:
lionleo123 said:

how dare you this is a masterpiece sure the mc gets hit but its cute cause of the cute girl that’s hitting him

so if it's a cute girl it's cute but if it's an ugly girl she's violent

see now someone gets it
Aug 6, 2023 4:00 AM
Nov 2020
MOON_SENSEI said:

If I was to be frank it’s not even worth a watch in my opinion, it’s aged terribly and all it’s predecessor have done everything it set out to do but better, it’s the most 6/10 show I can think of.
Aug 6, 2023 2:01 PM
Aug 2021
MOON_SENSEI said:

Been ages since I've watched it but she was irritating right up until the end with little character progression until the last couple of episodes. The Main guy is a weak and pathetic simp who let's himself get pushed around and doesn't change at all.
Aug 6, 2023 2:04 PM
Aug 2021
lionleo123 said:
pyshz said:
this anime is dogshit

how dare you this is a masterpiece sure the mc gets hit but its cute cause of the cute girl that’s hitting him

"Physical abuse is okay if it's a angry girl that's "cute" doing it"...
Aug 6, 2023 2:35 PM
Jan 2019
Multitask. That way you don’t give it too much attention.
Aug 6, 2023 7:54 PM

Nov 2022
Its a 4/10 anime if you ask me the ending is so cringe and childish too and you are in the same situation as i was so i would rather suggest you to drop it
Aug 7, 2023 9:51 AM

Sep 2014
Bro earlier said that's feminism I'm dead 💀
no, it ain't. If you are uncomfortable from it, there is no shame in dropping the show. It's done for comedic value, but if you don't find it funny you don't have to sit through it. it's like if a show keeps making MC fall on a girl's tiddies. if you don't find it funny, you most likely are otherwise uncomfortable. And there's nothing wrong with that.
Aug 8, 2023 10:05 AM
May 2021
Tbh I dropped toradora after the first episode back then since it has a lame plot intro. Although I really regretted dropping it as after I went back and completely watched it it's one of the best wholesome anime romance I've watched.

Definitely give it another shot!
Aug 8, 2023 1:11 PM
Jul 2021
watch zero no tsukaima first. this will be a cakewalk
Aug 12, 2023 1:21 PM
May 2023
taiga can be really annoying for the first half of the show (and really, so is everyone else), but if you can make it through at least the first 10 or so episodes it really does get better, and it has a lot of great emotional moments. (personally I think it gets a lot better when the 5 main characters go to ami's beach house, but that might just the fact those are my favorite episodes from the series)
Aug 12, 2023 1:41 PM

Oct 2022
dorito_flames said:
lionleo123 said:

so if it's a cute girl it's cute but if it's an ugly girl she's violent
Anime fans logic in a nutshell lol
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Dec 27, 2023 6:05 PM
Mar 2016
Reply to Buny0058
Watched the entire thing first try. When i hear the word gender. I feel absolutely nothing.

@RopeBuny What does this photo have anything to do with their question let alone Toradora? It's literally just a photo of Freddy Fazbear fucking Chizuru from Rent a Girlfriend XD
Dec 28, 2023 1:27 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to Lost_Hearts
@RopeBuny What does this photo have anything to do with their question let alone Toradora? It's literally just a photo of Freddy Fazbear fucking Chizuru from Rent a Girlfriend XD
@Lost_Hearts I'm sorry, which forum is this again?
Dec 28, 2023 7:13 AM
Mar 2016
Reply to Buny0058
@Lost_Hearts I'm sorry, which forum is this again?
@RopeBuny haha😂
Dec 28, 2023 7:24 AM
Nov 2022
Lost_Hearts said:
@RopeBuny haha😂

xD. Quite the old stuff ain’t it. It’s nice to meet you.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
Yesterday, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.