Aug 4, 2023 5:35 AM
Aug 4, 2023 8:14 AM
Jun 2021
I wonder why they changed the VA for our lead character
Aug 4, 2023 8:40 AM
Dec 2020
Mega_Muse said:

almost twenty years passed, dudes almost fifty years old now.
his voice probably changed in the mean time, maybe he isnt in the industry anymore…
Aug 4, 2023 8:51 AM
Feb 2021
Mega_Muse said:
Apparently they didn't want a guy who's a serial cheater to voice the character that saves a lot of women https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-02-28/mononoke-anime-film-delayed-takahiro-sakurai-will-no-longer-reprise-medicine-seller-role/.195408
Aug 4, 2023 9:04 AM

Dec 2013
happy to finally have some news about that movie but ugh i'm sad 😭 i found mononoke because i love sakurais voice, it's a perfect fit
kamiya hiroshi seems to do a great job tho
Aug 4, 2023 9:14 AM
Aug 2022
Mega_Muse said:
it was announced as cheating his wife earlier.

bs reason to shove the job to levi, i dont like him, i want the original dude back, he gave the mystical aura to the char.
i dont care who gets in the pants of what, this is business we're talking about.

Aug 4, 2023 9:15 AM
Aug 2022
keinboesewicht said:
Mega_Muse said:

his voice probably changed in the mean time, maybe he isnt in the industry anymore…

the replacement is almost the same age, besides their voices are not that old currently, he's giyu ffs.
Aug 4, 2023 9:28 AM

Jun 2020
What a shame, his voice was so iconic and perfect for the role. I have no doubt kamiya hiroshi will be able to fit the character just fine but dang, it's kind of disappointing.
Aug 4, 2023 10:55 AM
Feb 2021
Jamobo said:
Mega_Muse said:
Apparently they didn't want a guy who's a serial cheater to voice the character that saves a lot of women https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-02-28/mononoke-anime-film-delayed-takahiro-sakurai-will-no-longer-reprise-medicine-seller-role/.195408

Lmao, common current state of the world L, imagine mixing private life with business
Aug 4, 2023 12:09 PM

Apr 2022
was his voice so important 😭 i didnt notice, im not really into seiyuu stuff anyway
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Aug 4, 2023 12:40 PM
Jun 2021
Jamobo said:
Mega_Muse said:

Damnn I did not know that
Aug 4, 2023 12:42 PM
Jun 2021
iloathesasuke said:
Mega_Muse said:
it was announced as cheating his wife earlier.

bs reason to shove the job to levi, i dont like him, i want the original dude back, he gave the mystical aura to the char.
i dont care who gets in the pants of what, this is business we're talking about.

Actually same. Kamiya-san's voice is too soft for the mc. Someone with a deeper voice would be perfect
Aug 4, 2023 4:11 PM

May 2020
Cieling_phan said:
What a shame, his voice was so iconic and perfect for the role. I have no doubt kamiya hiroshi will be able to fit the character just fine but dang, it's kind of disappointing.

Yeahhhh, Kamiya's voice is slightly different, but still surprisingly similar to Sakurai's performance, so I think it will be fine.
Aug 4, 2023 4:13 PM

May 2020
Jamobo said:
Mega_Muse said:

Hmmmmm, well, I can understand their reasoning, but its a bummer to lose Sakurai's voice talent; I love Kamiya's voice acting equally, but for different reasons. But it sounds kindaaaa close to the medicine sellers original voice....
Aug 5, 2023 6:23 AM
Sep 2020
keinboesewicht said:
Mega_Muse said:

He's voicing Geto from jjk right now, his voice is still the same.
Aug 5, 2023 6:25 AM
Sep 2020
I have no hate against Hiroshi Kamiya but Takahiro Sakurai was 100% perfect as VA. He had that mysterious silky texture, exactly the vibe Kusuriuri gives off. My interest dropped :(
Aug 5, 2023 9:38 AM
Aug 2022
honestly, it's a little twisted for hiroshi to accept a job taken away from his fellow seiyuu under bs reasons, i think his popularity allows him enough space to refuse this kind of an offer, he doesnt need a stepping stone. 

i dont know, maybe its because i adore mononoke so much that i cant accept any fundamental changes or i was expecting some other younger no name va with similar vibes, but the hiroshi thing has been bugging me since yesterday.

well lets see how he will act with his clear-cut commanding type voice for a role defined as a mysterious lone wolf/fox.   
Aug 5, 2023 2:11 PM

Oct 2013
I'm super hyped about one of the best anime ever getting a movie, but I'm also a little sad that they changed the actor...
Aug 6, 2023 3:24 AM

Nov 2019
iloathesasuke said:
honestly, it's a little twisted for hiroshi to accept a job taken away from his fellow seiyuu under bs reasons, i think his popularity allows him enough space to refuse this kind of an offer, he doesnt need a stepping stone. 

i dont know, maybe its because i adore mononoke so much that i cant accept any fundamental changes or i was expecting some other younger no name va with similar vibes, but the hiroshi thing has been bugging me since yesterday.

well lets see how he will act with his clear-cut commanding type voice for a role defined as a mysterious lone wolf/fox.   
I love Mononoke and I'm sad they replaced Sakurai

A few months ago, an article mentioned that most seiyuus didn't want to be his successor in any role; they themselves were generally reluctant to take Sakurai's place. they don't want to face Sakurai's fans and don't want to be in a place where people will compare them to his performance.

Anyway, What I've read on Twitter from the reactions of Sakurai's Japanese fans about Mononoke. Of course, they are sad, but some are grateful that Kamiya accepted the role because he is a veteran seiyuu from Sakurai's generation and has a good relationship with Sakurai. Sakurai always praises Kamiya.
When they announced the VA of Jinshi / Kusuriya no Hitorigoto, the VA is from the new generation; the fans were really upset (Sakurai was the VA of Jinshi in the drama CD), and they replaced him in the coming anime.
Aug 6, 2023 3:43 AM
Aug 2022
Dimah85 said:
iloathesasuke said:

I love Mononoke and I'm sad they replaced Sakurai

A few months ago, an article mentioned that most seiyuus didn't want to be his successor in any role; they themselves were generally reluctant to take Sakurai's place. they don't want to face Sakurai's fans and don't want to be in a place where people will compare them to his performance.

Anyway, What I've read on Twitter from the reactions of Sakurai's Japanese fans about Mononoke. Of course, they are sad, but some are grateful that Kamiya accepted the role because he is a veteran seiyuu from Sakurai's generation and has a good relationship with Sakurai. Sakurai always praises Kamiya.
When they announced the VA of Jinshi / Kusuriya no Hitorigoto, the VA is from the new generation; the fans were really upset (Sakurai was the VA of Jinshi in the drama CD), and they replaced him in the coming anime.
Thanks for the info, i've never thought about this aspect. Yeah maybe everyone should wait the result, i trust in the director.
Aug 7, 2023 11:38 AM

Aug 2019
I was wondering who'd they cast as the Medicine Seller now that the old VA isn't doing it anymore (regardless of if that was his own decision or an understandable decision made by the team behind this movie, which I would applaud them for) and I am completely here for Hiroshi Kamiya as the replacement. Makes sense. His voice isn't as deep, but I think it still suits the character and it just clicks for me. Also, glad to see a trailer that isn't reusing footage from the anime. The art style looks more fluid and clean, but still captures the spirit of what "Mononoke" is visually.

Overall, I'm looking forward to this movie a lot more now. Hopefully it gets a release in theaters. (GKIDS, I'm counting on you!)
Aug 11, 2023 9:34 PM

Jun 2021
I can’t believe I was unaware that the trailer released. It looks amazing and I have high hopes.

Aug 14, 2023 9:03 PM

Aug 2017
I'm so happy to know that the anime is really coming, I was thinking that it would be like 'Yuri On Ice Adolescence', a big "urban legend".
Now I'm just hoping that Kamiya's voice doesn't look so strange on the main character.
Aug 19, 2023 12:36 PM

Feb 2019
It's Kinda funny how they picked Hiroshi Kamiya (Araragi Koyomi) over Takahiro Sakurai (Oshino Meme) as the new role for Kusuriuri. Since both Mononoke & Bakemonogatari have similar structures and themes. Im loving the new character designs too. Im so hyped for this since Kenji Nakamura will still be the director for this movie. Im abit sad for the voice change but im happy that we got Hiroshi Kamiya.
Aug 26, 2023 10:31 PM
Oct 2019
I was so surprised to see Kamiya Hiroshi be the new VA, but since the movie seems to revolve around the suffering of women, there's no wonder they took out Sakurai. Now don't get me wrong, I love Sakurai's voice, esp for the Medicine seller, but I'm excited to hear Kamiya. The quality of the art and animation looks so good!
May 1, 3:51 AM

Jun 2014
Reply to i-loathe-sasuke

@i-loathe-sasuke bs reasons? bro cheated on 3 diff women, one of whom was his wife for 15 years...
May 1, 3:51 AM
Dec 2020
crazyaccel said:
@keinboesewicht lol what are you on about XD

what are you doing in this thread half a year later
May 1, 3:52 AM

Jun 2014
Reply to keinboesewicht
crazyaccel said:
@keinboesewicht lol what are you on about XD

what are you doing in this thread half a year later
@keinboesewicht bc i saw the new trailer for the movie lol it's not that crazy
crazyaccelMay 1, 3:56 AM
May 1, 4:17 AM
Aug 2022
Reply to crazyaccel
@i-loathe-sasuke bs reasons? bro cheated on 3 diff women, one of whom was his wife for 15 years...
@crazyaccel

i thought him being a womenizer has nothing to do with mononoke man.
i care more about the artwork i adore more than cast and staff's private lives.

but that's a me thing, i learnt later that japanese society is very strict about disloyaty between spouses.

i cant wait to see the film. i love mononoke.
May 1, 4:22 AM

Jun 2014
Reply to i-loathe-sasuke
@crazyaccel

i thought him being a womenizer has nothing to do with mononoke man.
i care more about the artwork i adore more than cast and staff's private lives.

but that's a me thing, i learnt later that japanese society is very strict about disloyaty between spouses.

i cant wait to see the film. i love mononoke.
@i-loathe-sasuke well it's just like what jamobo said above makes no sense to have someone who mistreats women voice this kind of role.
May 1, 4:24 AM
Dec 2020
crazyaccel said:
@keinboesewicht bc i saw the new trailer for the movie lol it's not that crazy

ok then let me tell you what i was „on about“

i answered the other guy and speculated why they changed the va lol its not that crazy
May 1, 7:28 AM
Dec 2020
@crazyaccel i couldnt be bothered to look it up.
plus i was basically right with what i said. much time passed and things happened which lead to him not being the va anymore

More topics from this board

» Should I watch the TV version first?

neow_neow - May 1

12 by Rhae »»
May 3, 1:50 PM

» New trailer with theme song

crazyaccel - May 1

10 by Lavi_kun »»
May 2, 9:53 AM

» New teaser and release date

Dbagas8 - Mar 20

3 by Rhae »»
Apr 28, 4:00 PM

» expectations

deg - Jun 19, 2022

42 by clio_selene »»
Feb 7, 7:07 AM

» since when?

metabd - Sep 25, 2022

2 by SirUrnir »»
Oct 11, 2022 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.