Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 18, 2023 12:56 PM

Dec 2020
How do you guys list Fate Series when you are making the anime list ?

Everything in this watch order as a complete anime or different naming s = different anime listings . Like :- Zero , Stay Night , Grand Order etc.

Complex Stories are basically sleeping pills . Helps to get some sleep .

Jul 18, 2023 1:25 PM

Jan 2021
i usually do
"Main Story" - The 3 FSN anime
"Main" Spin offs - Zero, Case Files, Emiya Family
and then everything else as Spin Offs.
Read the visual novel nerd
Jul 18, 2023 3:41 PM
Mar 2022
I group Zero with Stay Night mainly but obviously just as a prequel. Everything else I just say is a spin off and you can watch whatever you feel like after UBW, HF, 2006, and Zero.
Jul 18, 2023 8:49 PM
Apr 2022
Don't know about the others

But heavens/feel, stay night and bladeworks are all fundamentally the same story, they just have different routes taken.

Think of it like a Telltale videogame

However, the other Fate I have seen is zero, which is completely different as the fundamental aspects of the story are obviously different.

I'm confused by the topic, but if we are talking watch order.

Personally I think Fate Zero should be watched first. then stay night as that goes into more detail about the fundamentals of the main story

Then ubw

Then heavens feel as that is extremely different and skips over a lot of the beginning parts
kotosuguJul 18, 2023 8:53 PM
Jul 20, 2023 10:36 AM
Oct 2021
They arent 'seasons' of a single show, they are all separate productions from one another that have different levels of connection depending on the series. kind of like Gundam, but also not.
Sep 1, 2023 7:52 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to kotosugu
Don't know about the others

But heavens/feel, stay night and bladeworks are all fundamentally the same story, they just have different routes taken.

Think of it like a Telltale videogame

However, the other Fate I have seen is zero, which is completely different as the fundamental aspects of the story are obviously different.

I'm confused by the topic, but if we are talking watch order.

Personally I think Fate Zero should be watched first. then stay night as that goes into more detail about the fundamentals of the main story

Then ubw

Then heavens feel as that is extremely different and skips over a lot of the beginning parts
@TypicalOne
I just wanted to know if all of fate is considered a single anime or can I list them as separate completed animes ?

Sep 1, 2023 12:07 PM
Apr 2022
STSayeb said:
@TypicalOne
I just wanted to know if all of fate is considered a single anime or can I list them as separate completed animes ?

Short answer: They are different animes

Long answer: Depends

(These answers relate to Fate Stay/night, Unlimited bladeworks, and heavens feel)

These 3 anime all take part in the same timeline, and all share the fundamental points. In the source material, all 3 routes are part of THE SAME visual novel game. So, They are all in the same game (and you wouldn't call a game with different routes different games, if that makes sense) They are all alternative versions of one another.

HOWEVER, I believe you have to play the Fate Stay/night route FIRST before going onto the others. This is because it explains all of the fundamental story points. And I believe it is considered "The ideal end to the holy grail war" from the story's point of view. So technically speaking you can argue that Fate Stay/night IS the main story, and the others are alternate versions.

in terms of the actual ANIMES, they are all separate productions, and as none of the animes/routes are considered "sequels" to another, they are all therefore separate.

So yes, they are different animes, but they are all the same as well. But if I had to answer a yes or no question, I would say YES they are different animes as they are all alternative versions of one another, none are influenced from the others.
Sep 1, 2023 12:12 PM
Apr 2022
STSayeb said:
@TypicalOne

Also, reading your question again, list them as different competed anime, as they are different and are also seperate from eachother on my anime list (You wouldn't want to rate them all if they're different routes, as one route is better than another etc)

Even with for example Demon slayer, all seasons are from the same story but they are different productions and are also seperate from another on my anime list, so list them differently and rate the seasons individually based on how you enjoyed each season
Sep 2, 2023 9:06 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to kotosugu
STSayeb said:
@TypicalOne

Also, reading your question again, list them as different competed anime, as they are different and are also seperate from eachother on my anime list (You wouldn't want to rate them all if they're different routes, as one route is better than another etc)

Even with for example Demon slayer, all seasons are from the same story but they are different productions and are also seperate from another on my anime list, so list them differently and rate the seasons individually based on how you enjoyed each season
@TypicalOne I am not talking about MAL listing or anything like that as different seasons or parts of a single anime havr different entries here .

I just want to know how to list them personally as my own . I can't say I have watched 4 animes which are Demon Slayer , Demon Slayer Mugen Train , Entertainment Arc , Swordsmith Arc etc . But in this case of Fate Franchise , I am just asking how I can differ them as separate animes ?

I also have problems like this with many other series like Evangelion , Dororo , SAO , AOT etc.

Sep 3, 2023 4:08 AM
Apr 2022
STSayeb said:
@TypicalOne I am not talking about MAL listing or anything like that as different seasons or parts of a single anime havr different entries here .

I just want to know how to list them personally as my own . I can't say I have watched 4 animes which are Demon Slayer , Demon Slayer Mugen Train , Entertainment Arc , Swordsmith Arc etc . But in this case of Fate Franchise , I am just asking how I can differ them as separate animes ?

I also have problems like this with many other series like Evangelion , Dororo , SAO , AOT etc.

If I were making my own list, I would seperate them as:

Fate Stay/night
Fate: Unlimited Bladeworks (film)
Fate: Unlimited bladeworks season 1
Fate: Unlimited bladeworks season 2
Fate: Heavens Feel I
Fate: Heavens Feel II
Fate :Heavens Feel III

I would list them as their own separate productions
Sep 4, 2023 2:23 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to kotosugu
STSayeb said:

If I were making my own list, I would seperate them as:

Fate Stay/night
Fate: Unlimited Bladeworks (film)
Fate: Unlimited bladeworks season 1
Fate: Unlimited bladeworks season 2
Fate: Heavens Feel I
Fate: Heavens Feel II
Fate :Heavens Feel III

I would list them as their own separate productions
@TypicalOne meaning you watched 7 animes ? How does that count ? UBW S1 and S2 are basically a single anime

Sep 4, 2023 2:51 PM
Apr 2022
STSayeb said:
@TypicalOne meaning you watched 7 animes ? How does that count ? UBW S1 and S2 are basically a single anime

But they're different productions, which means the quality will be different in all aspects.

Let's say you had season 1 of an anime and season 2. Season 1 was 1:1 with the source material, had a nice artstyle and the fights were great.

However, in season 2, the anime didn't fully adapt all the chapters properly, and the fights weren't great.

As they are different productions, they should be reviewed as two different productions.

Of course, they are adapting the same source material, so if you really wanted to, you can have a score for each production, and then an overall average score of enjoyment for the whole story.

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Yesterday

11 by filthyfrank8142 »»
6 hours ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.