Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 27, 2023 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
I liked 1st season, so was happy about 2nd season. Honestly I don't understand the rating " PG-13 - Teens 13 or older". Show is wholesome, there is nothing outright bad in it, fights are very tame, it is considered as "healing", so I think it can be easily " G - All Ages" or at least "PG - Children".

1st season was interesting due to constant evolution of slimes and their different uses + some taming: it showed various taming affinities and contracted creatures. 2nd season was less about evolution of slimes, less about taming, but introduced academy, new creatures, second shop, city, thus some new characters. So it has some pluses and minuses.

It looks like show has low budget, which can be said by looking at art of random characters:

I don't know what is better: to include this low-quality CG made cabbie or to remove him completely.

Introduction of Miyabi was great:

I like other races, demi-humans in general and watching this perky fox girl with heavy accent was a pleasure ^_^

Her reaction toward interaction with other people in academy was hilarious, since I can totally relate to it:

Also this anime introduced a couple of unusual demi-humans:

I think I have seen such similar demi-humans only in "Ishuzoku Reviewers", which is quite rare:

In over-all same relaxing work, but shift from evolution and taming monsters toward second shop and cooking is less appealing to me.

What are your thoughts?
Apr 27, 2023 12:02 PM
Apr 2022
Really enjoyed the second season. It was as chill as the first season and seeing this season focus more on interactions between new characters was interesting.
Apr 27, 2023 12:56 PM
Jan 2022
This anime in general is pretty chill. But it got a bit boring as a fully focus watch after a while for me. Better to watch on the side imo
Apr 27, 2023 1:19 PM
Jun 2020
I was super looking forward to season 2. This one along with bofuri s2 and fruits of evolution s2. As can be seen I have a general type lol. On all 3 accounts i was pretty disappointed. Nowhere near as disappointed as fruits of evolution s2 atrocity but still.

This season felt super boring, maybe partly due to expectation. We get to see ellaria Jamil frequently enough that you would think the season would at the very least end with ryoma and ellaria being reunited at the academy with miyabi, but nope. Then there is miyabi herself, seemed like she was going to add some much needed excitement but no she goes away. The supporting characters that really made an impression for me in season 1 are rarely used this season. The entire Jamil household; Elise (wife), reinhart (husband), reinbach (father-in-law), sebas (butler), camil (mage), Hughes (bodyguard) are absolutely missed. I found myself missing the interactions/presence of the first 3 gods; kufo, gain, and lulutia as well. I guess the new gods didn't really leave me wanting more. We did get some screen time with the adventurers, but not nearly as much as I would have liked. That goes double for Miya-cat, them being less involved then s1 despite the popularity is wild.

The adventure (treants) ryoma goes out on seems deprived of any of the excitement of the cave exploration. He does kill the boar which was a high point, but he never seems to get any stronger or advance any of his magic or taming of monsters. I was really excited for the mission to the woods he discussed with the guild but sadly we didn't get there in s2. Remembering in the first episode when he kicked a tree in half I thought he would be a little further along then still picking herbs at some trivial adventurer rank.

We get another laundry.... some breadcrumbs of creating magical items that doesnt yet go anywhere beyond a music device (honestly thought giving Eliaria the item as a present was going to be the plot device to take him to see her..but no). Some forgettable characters that never even kinda fill in the shoes of there predecessors... just pretty boring stuff. I feel like it's set up for a nice s3 but I don't think this season was good enough for them to do another.

I still didn't mind it, but this season had nothing on season 1. Didn't feel like the sol hybrid it was.. just kind of a boring sol this time around. I actually do like SoL alot but this was lacking
Apr 27, 2023 1:26 PM
Feb 2022
It was disappointing for me because I really liked the first season it has got some kind of soothing vibe but the second wasn't as good. I didn't care that much as with the first one, there wasn't much as much care as before. The fighting was pushed far back and when done, it was a poor show of bad animation and graphics. I rated the first season to a 10 because I have a really good time watching it and I rewatched it many times. With the second I watched it only once and I don't feel like coming back to it I rated it on 7 but i understand lower scores too.
I was counting on becoming better with next season and fixing some of the bad things but it just got worse instead. It feels really disappointing.
Apr 27, 2023 6:53 PM

Apr 2021
Ysrwii said:
I liked 1st season, so was happy about 2nd season. Honestly I don't understand the rating " PG-13 - Teens 13 or older". Show is wholesome, there is nothing outright bad in it, fights are very tame, it is considered as "healing", so I think it can be easily " G - All Ages" or at least "PG - Children".

1st season was interesting due to constant evolution of slimes and their different uses + some taming: it showed various taming affinities and contracted creatures. 2nd season was less about evolution of slimes, less about taming, but introduced academy, new creatures, second shop, city, thus some new characters. So it has some pluses and minuses.

It looks like show has low budget, which can be said by looking at art of random characters:

I don't know what is better: to include this low-quality CG made cabbie or to remove him completely.

Introduction of Miyabi was great:

I like other races, demi-humans in general and watching this perky fox girl with heavy accent was a pleasure ^_^

Her reaction toward interaction with other people in academy was hilarious, since I can totally relate to it:

Also this anime introduced a couple of unusual demi-humans:

I think I have seen such similar demi-humans only in "Ishuzoku Reviewers", which is quite rare:

In over-all same relaxing work, but shift from evolution and taming monsters toward second shop and cooking is less appealing to me.

What are your thoughts?

I really enjoyed both seasons.

I liked the first season showing the magic, slimes, birds, and the start of the business.

And the second season doing more relationships between characters, adventuring, and world building.

I thought the art, music, and pacing of the second was like the first.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 28, 2023 11:55 AM
Feb 2022
Well tbh this season was a bit mundane for me since the first season gave more excitement and awe about the anime plot.
Apr 28, 2023 7:04 PM
Oct 2021
it was a good season i am happy because of it, thanks to the creators
Apr 29, 2023 12:34 PM
Apr 2022
second season was a bit slower than the first one, but still enjoyable!
Jan 6, 11:00 AM
Mar 2009
I loved both season and hoping for a season 3. But if we are going by MAL people in West hates these animes and this one allot. Becuse it´s not depressing filed with murder drama gore and makes you cry for 100 days. If it´s not Violet Evergarden or shadow of eminence or some boruto or bleach or some other main stream shit then it will get 0 loove and we may get 1 season and 2 seasons if we are lucky.

I mean if a read reviews on the first season every one is like nothing happens in this anime is 12 episodes of nothing ness 12 episodes 24min each and all you see is blank pictures becuse nothing happens.
Feb 10, 2:30 PM
Sep 2023
Both seasons were good. I can't understand why anime fans complain about everything. These same people probably say that pizza is awful food because people never found something besides cheese and sauce and crust to make it with.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

51 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 2, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2023

13 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 2, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2023

11 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 2, 2:37 AM

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2023

28 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 2, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2023

14 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 2, 1:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.