Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Witch Hat Atelier
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 25, 2022 3:10 PM
Aug 2021
Which studio do you hope will adapt it? :)
I'm honestly hoping for bones
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 25, 2022 3:19 PM
Feb 2020
Just looking at the artstyle i feel like the most suitable one would be Mappa
Oct 25, 2022 3:25 PM
Oct 2019
Kyoto Animation (character limit)
Oct 25, 2022 6:46 PM
Feb 2021
WIT, KyoAni, or Clover works.
Nov 4, 2022 2:44 PM
Feb 2011
I hope this anime will make by WIT.

I HOPE!
Dec 14, 2022 6:43 AM
Dec 2019
I think KyoAni or WIT would be perfect.
Dec 17, 2022 8:46 PM
Mar 2022
FriendlyIncubus said:

nooooooo. anything else but mappa.
Dec 19, 2022 9:37 AM

Jan 2019
FriendlyIncubus said:

How on earth does wha's beautiful style translate into "mappa" for you. I don't understand..
Dec 24, 2022 3:47 PM
Apr 2022
I feel like cloverworks would be the biggest w
Dec 31, 2022 2:23 AM
Mar 2016
Why nobody mentioned SHAFT? I think it would be great
Jan 1, 2023 11:22 AM
作画

Nov 2019
InuLeaf said:
FriendlyIncubus said:

How on earth does wha's beautiful style translate into "mappa" for you. I don't understand..
MAPPA worshippers have some indecipherable shit going on into their heads

Jan 6, 2023 6:52 AM

Apr 2010
Gotta be Wit.

WITch Hat Atelier pun is too good to passs up.

Plus their style fits the series the most, long as they don't use the same AoT/Vivy style and go out of their regular style like with Ranking of Kings/Great Pretender etc. Bones would work too, and KyoAni as long as they don't make it look like their regular moe shows.
Mar 14, 2023 11:02 AM

Nov 2021
Considering the art style and the theme of the manga i think it’s either WIT or Madhouse. 
Mar 18, 2023 9:56 PM

Sep 2020
Studio Kafka might work on this project.
Mar 18, 2023 10:02 PM

Sep 2020
a_prtnkv said:
FriendlyIncubus said:

I think Mappa would ruin it
Mappa is one of the greatest studio at the moment. If Mappa works on something then rest assured it's gonna be a banger.
Mar 18, 2023 10:04 PM

Sep 2020
InuLeaf said:
FriendlyIncubus said:

Have you seen Hell Paradise's trailer.
Mar 18, 2023 10:05 PM

Sep 2020
sagitarydevil said:
Because for last 2-3 years they are pumping only garbage anime.
Mar 19, 2023 12:29 AM
Mar 2016
ZXEAN said:
sagitarydevil said:
Fair enough. I don't really follow anime every season like I used to, very far in between nowadays, seems like I'm so out of touch. If that's the case I guess that's fair. But judging by their art style and directions, at least from their popular works, it would be very interesting to see their take on this series.
Mar 19, 2023 12:40 AM

Apr 2019
Ryujin-Sama said:
FriendlyIncubus said:

nooooooo. anything else but mappa.

Yeah. We should get Studio Millepensee to work on it. I am sure they will make a masterpiece out of this manga. Crappa will just ruin it.
Mar 19, 2023 9:50 AM

Sep 2020
sagitarydevil said:
ZXEAN said:
Fair enough. I don't really follow anime every season like I used to, very far in between nowadays, seems like I'm so out of touch. If that's the case I guess that's fair. But judging by their art style and directions, at least from their popular works, it would be very interesting to see their take on this series.
I heard that majority of shaft's core staff members have moved to other studios like David Production and Lidenflim.
Mar 25, 2023 1:18 PM

Sep 2020
nwssx said:
ZXEAN said:
it is absolutely fucking horrible, it looks like they're trying their best to make the worst composite in existence. Imagine having your favourite manga adapted by a studio this hit-or-miss.

this show DEFINITELY needs Studio Pablo doing the backgrounds and maybe WIT as its animation studio (but it's most likely gonna be BUGFILMS/OLM)
Go get an immediate eye checkup. Thank you
Mar 25, 2023 1:38 PM
作画

Nov 2019
ZXEAN said:
nwssx said:
it is absolutely fucking horrible, it looks like they're trying their best to make the worst composite in existence. Imagine having your favourite manga adapted by a studio this hit-or-miss.

this show DEFINITELY needs Studio Pablo doing the backgrounds and maybe WIT as its animation studio (but it's most likely gonna be BUGFILMS/OLM)
I see just fine, you might have some special shitty-filters-remover implanted in your eyes so it's normal for you to not see the problem with Jigokuraku's composite
Mar 27, 2023 6:54 PM
Apr 2022
nwssx said:
ZXEAN said:
I see just fine, you might have some special shitty-filters-remover implanted in your eyes so it's normal for you to not see the problem with Jigokuraku's composite
bro, what? Hells paradise trailers look amazing. The only complaint you can viably make is that they might be preanimated
Mar 27, 2023 11:23 PM
Aug 2021
FriendlyIncubus said:

hell no bruh, they always do the darker and grimier art styles, while this is more whimsical and magical
Mar 27, 2023 11:24 PM
Aug 2021
ZXEAN said:
a_prtnkv said:

I think Mappa would ruin it
Mappa is one of the greatest studio at the moment. If Mappa works on something then rest assured it's gonna be a banger.

campfire cooking in another world?
Mar 27, 2023 11:36 PM

Sep 2020
Npclucario said:
ZXEAN said:

Have you seen that show
Mar 27, 2023 11:36 PM
Aug 2021
ZXEAN said:
Npclucario said:

Have you seen that show

no that's why I'm asking bro
Mar 28, 2023 12:22 AM

Sep 2020
Npclucario said:
ZXEAN said:
Have you seen that show

no that's why I'm asking bro
I haven't seen it either.
Apr 2, 2023 1:32 PM

Mar 2017
Kyoto Animation I hope.
Apr 4, 2023 4:44 PM
Jan 2021
SHAFT SHAFT SHAFT!!!!!! or kyoani ig
Apr 7, 2023 7:44 AM

Feb 2020
KyoAni, WIT, and Cloverworks can also carry this anime adaptation well. 

Apr 17, 2023 5:26 PM
Jun 2020
It’s so hard to say, since the art style in this manga is so hard to replicate in animation form.

I’m gonna have to say Bones, KyoAni (although Im pretty sure they stopped adapting manga and do just light novels now). CloverWorks would probably do it justice as well. Same as WIT.

For studios that have a chance, I would say P.A. Works, Brain’s Base, A1 Pictures, or TMS Entertainment but considering how popular the manga is and the art style, Bones, CloverWorks or WIT are most likely.

If one more person say mappa i will cry please watch something other than jjk or csm. mappa’s animation style SOOO wouldn’t fit WHA’s art style or mood im so sorry i love mappa but bfr
Apr 20, 2023 1:04 AM
Jan 2021
nwssx said:
ZXEAN said:

well this aged like milk
Apr 20, 2023 1:24 AM
作画

Nov 2019
swapnilabeyy said:
nwssx said:

well this aged like milk
you think so? was the compositing work good? absolutely not, it's even worse than expected and barely nothing moves at all, except for a couple decent cuts
May 29, 2023 12:48 PM
May 2021
ZXEAN said:
InuLeaf said:

Too bad the Hell's Paradise animation sucks
May 29, 2023 5:35 PM

Sep 2020
lorelh said:
ZXEAN said:

Too bad the Hell's Paradise animation sucks
Hell's paradise looks perfectly fine.
Jul 11, 2023 10:26 PM

Apr 2022
There’s rumors floating about stating that BUG films may be working on it. If true and given Zom 100 adaptation, this may be a very good adaptation in general.
Jul 18, 2023 6:11 AM

Jun 2017
Runasius said:
There’s rumors floating about stating that BUG films may be working on it. If true and given Zom 100 adaptation, this may be a very good adaptation in general.
That would be sick!! Where did you hear that?
Aug 21, 2023 10:28 AM
Jan 2023
BigBlueBash said:
Runasius said:
That would be sick!! Where did you hear that?

I think Bug Films founder retweeted or liked the anime announcement.
Sep 29, 2023 9:32 PM
Aug 2018
Hopefully Madhouse. Just look at what they did to Frieren :')
Nov 8, 2023 3:27 AM

Mar 2021
I would die because of the happiness if it's kyo ani. Other than that bones, a1 or shaft would make decent 2 cour adaptations for this. No mappa please

Nov 27, 2023 8:25 AM

Jan 2020
hopefully madhouse because they're awesome. or bones.

i just saw today this is getting an adaption and I'm excited. I love the manga!
Dec 7, 2023 8:55 AM
Apr 2023
I think KyoAni would be Perfect for it but if not KyoAni then I'd love for it to be done by Cloverworks, Madhouse or Shaft

this also could be done by ghibli but that would just be a whole new level of COPE
Dec 7, 2023 10:27 PM

Jan 2022
It's not a KyoAni IP so I don't think they'll take it. So that leaves me hoping for CloverWorks. Or Madhouse, based on how they're adapting Frieren so far.
Feb 13, 5:56 AM
Aug 2021
I've been hoping WIT gets wha ever since I watched the Girl from the Other side promotional animation by them. They're also one of the only studios that can adapt to vastly different artstyles without sacrificing quality of the animation itself (Ousama Ranking being a great example). If there's a chance for a decent adaptation, they gotta give it to WIT.

And not Mappa I beg of the anime industry overlords, I won't survive watching my babies being butchered.
Feb 13, 7:02 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to nexnoodlesoup
It’s so hard to say, since the art style in this manga is so hard to replicate in animation form.

I’m gonna have to say Bones, KyoAni (although Im pretty sure they stopped adapting manga and do just light novels now). CloverWorks would probably do it justice as well. Same as WIT.

For studios that have a chance, I would say P.A. Works, Brain’s Base, A1 Pictures, or TMS Entertainment but considering how popular the manga is and the art style, Bones, CloverWorks or WIT are most likely.

If one more person say mappa i will cry please watch something other than jjk or csm. mappa’s animation style SOOO wouldn’t fit WHA’s art style or mood im so sorry i love mappa but bfr
nexnoodlesoup said:

Ironic that you talk about people needing to watch more stuff than JJK or CSM, but here you are being another one of those people who yaps about "MAPPA's style not fitting" as if their shows all look the same or that they have an actual specific type of visual they make for every single show they make.

Hell, even if you look at just their mainstream titles, they don't look similar enough.
Feb 19, 6:00 PM

Nov 2015
News from a reliable leaker.
https://twitter.com/cjAus101723/status/1662904976610344961

The Atelier of Witch Hat anime will be produced by BUG FILMS studio.

Director: Ayumu Watanabe

Art Director: Shinji Kimura

Shinji kimura has done some nice background art on kekkai sensen season 1, Dorohedoro and kaiju no.8 that’s coming out soon.
Old_School_AkiraFeb 19, 6:05 PM
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Feb 25, 5:15 PM
Jul 2022
Old_School_Akira said:

Shinji kimura has done some nice background art on kekkai sensen season 1, Dorohedoro and kaiju no.8 that’s coming out soon.

if thats true its a little worrying. the art for kaijuu no.8 got a lot of backlash as it doesn't look all that nice. me personally i understand why the designs look the way they do as its to make the action animation more fluid but when it comes to witch hat atelier they can't be simplifying the art. it'll just ruin it. its understandable with a battle shounen series but yeah not with this.
Feb 25, 5:41 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to alfsta
Old_School_Akira said:

if thats true its a little worrying. the art for kaijuu no.8 got a lot of backlash as it doesn't look all that nice. me personally i understand why the designs look the way they do as its to make the action animation more fluid but when it comes to witch hat atelier they can't be simplifying the art. it'll just ruin it. its understandable with a battle shounen series but yeah not with this.
@alfsta You're talking about a completely different topic altogether. Art Direction specifically refers to backgrounds, it has nothing to do with character designs, and Kimura is one of the best art directors you could ask for.

Feb 25, 5:43 PM
Jul 2022
Oongbuh said:
@alfsta You're talking about a completely different topic altogether. Art Direction specifically refers to backgrounds, it has nothing to do with character designs, and Kimura is one of the best art directors you could ask for.

you're probably right. im not the most knowledgeable on the subject so i just assumed it meant the entirety of the art including character designs.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Who would you like to voice over Qifrey?

HorniQueen - Jan 12, 2023

6 by dudulino01 »»
May 14, 8:50 AM

» It has been two years since the announcement

Khachaturian - Apr 15

13 by Memore »»
May 9, 5:14 AM

» I just saw this and I'm bdksnsldbfbsn

Koukyoukyoku - Mar 1

4 by Fang_Tooth »»
Mar 29, 3:20 AM

» They announced the anime adaptation almost 2 yrs ago. What do you think they are cooking ?

Anienjoyer - Jan 19

7 by DioBrando_69420 »»
Jan 20, 8:22 PM

» How are we coping?

BrianaBird - Nov 28, 2023

3 by Peenutz »»
Nov 29, 2023 6:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.