Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 28, 2022 6:54 AM
Feb 2022
Do you guys still enjoy watching the OG Fullmetal after watching Brotherhood or do you view it as a complete replacement?

For me, it's still enjoyable and I feel it gives some depth and interpretation to some characters that make me emotionally appreciate them more in Brotherhood. It could just be nostalgia as well since I watched the OG first lol but I'm going with the first part.
Pls pass me more coffee...
Apr 28, 2022 7:11 AM
Oct 2020
Zorkary said:
Do you guys still enjoy watching the OG Fullmetal after watching Brotherhood or do you view it as a complete replacement?

For me, it's still enjoyable and I feel it gives some depth and interpretation to some characters that make me emotionally appreciate them more in Brotherhood. It could just be nostalgia as well since I watched the OG first lol but I'm going with the first part.
I suppose it's due to the fact that Isayama unified with Togashi resulting in a series of medicinal procedures, in which Kurapika decides to enslave Armin as the 5 Kage arc really subdued the fact that plagiarism was so frowned upon. As for the pancreas aptitude, Lelouch finally determined the capabilities of Mob and Gojo, possibly referring to them being planetary.
Apr 28, 2022 7:21 AM
Feb 2022
Vsymoh said:
Zorkary said:

I suppose it's due to the fact that Isayama unified with Togashi resulting in a series of medicinal procedures, in which Kurapika decides to enslave Armin as the 5 Kage arc really subdued the fact that plagiarism was so frowned upon. As for the pancreas aptitude, Lelouch finally determined the capabilities of Mob and Gojo, possibly referring to them being planetary.

I bet you enjoyed writing that sentence quite a bit
Apr 28, 2022 7:38 AM
Feb 2022
idekwtftoput said:
I was actually slightly disappointed by Brotherhood and prefer the OG. I still liked Brotherhood tho

interesting, out of curiosity have you read the manga?

(also I'm assuming you say OG first?)
Apr 28, 2022 7:50 AM
Aug 2014
I think the first half of the original was much better but the later half of brotherhood was better than the original. Since the first half of the original and brotherhood adapt the same material, I think the original is worth the watch.
Apr 28, 2022 7:54 AM
Mar 2021
Definitely both are great. Neither of them are the best anime of all time but I like them both a lot.
Apr 28, 2022 8:19 AM
Nov 2021
Vsymoh said:
Zorkary said:

heyy I saw this same bs msg in I want to eat your pancreas topic.... I just want to ask you... why are you doing this..
Apr 28, 2022 8:23 AM

Jan 2020
I think brotherhood is one of the best anime ever, so I definitely preferred that one. Also, the OG has a weird ending
Apr 28, 2022 9:05 AM
Feb 2022
Sneha307 said:
Vsymoh said:

heyy I saw this same bs msg in I want to eat your pancreas topic.... I just want to ask you... why are you doing this..

My guess is - chaos
Apr 28, 2022 9:05 AM
Feb 2022
Animillion said:
I think brotherhood is one of the best anime ever, so I definitely preferred that one. Also, the OG has a weird ending

same question to our friend above - out of curiosity have you read the manga?
Apr 28, 2022 9:07 AM

Jan 2020
Zorkary said:
Animillion said:

same question to our friend above - out of curiosity have you read the manga?

I didn’t read all of it, but I enjoyed reading the first half (15 volumes I believe) of the manga. Brotherhood followed the manga iirc, so I finished the series watching it
Apr 28, 2022 9:19 AM
Apr 2022
Zorkary said:

I do overall prefer Brotherhood but there are a few elements of the OG that I liked more
Apr 28, 2022 9:30 AM
May 2021
I like both. (15 characters).
Apr 28, 2022 9:42 AM

May 2021
i think it depends on what u watched first and whether u prefer a dark or a comparably light setting.
Apr 28, 2022 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed both. But I would say that I enjoyed Brotherhood the most. The pacing of the original was a little slow as far as plot developments. I was also a little confused by the events of the ending.
Apr 28, 2022 9:50 AM

Jan 2022
Manga is best then comes 2003 FMA. FMAB is garbage imo lmao.

"People normally feel happiness...when they love and are loved in return. I feel happiness when people hate me...and I feel compelled to hurt the things that are dear to me. But is that so strange?"
Apr 28, 2022 9:54 AM

Feb 2021
idekwtftoput said:
I was actually slightly disappointed by Brotherhood and prefer the OG. I still liked Brotherhood tho

Same for me tbh. I prefer the original.
Apr 28, 2022 10:22 AM
Mar 2022
Brotherhood for almost everything. Its been a while since I watched either, but I remember there was one scene I thought FMA did better than FMAB. I wanna say it was the Nina scene, but its been so long, I've forgotten
Apr 28, 2022 11:15 AM
Apr 2022
I like watching the original up until where the manga wasn't finished and they kept going
Apr 28, 2022 11:28 AM

Mar 2011
I left FMA 2003 in the gutter after seeing Brotherhood. I tried rewatching some of it a few years ago and it makes me question how I ever thought it was good. From Dante being a weak villain with a goofy motive, the terminator android guy, the altered homonculi origins and just so many bad decisions made after the diversion point, it's just a mess.

I know there's this group of people that cling to it and sometimes even claim it's better than Brotherhood, but I just can't see it. Brotherhood is just superior in every way.
Apr 28, 2022 1:23 PM
Dec 2021
Brotherhood is better and is loyal to the manga
Apr 28, 2022 1:37 PM

Feb 2021
I like fmab's soundtrack but that's really it. 2003 is an adaptation that writers actually put effort into
Apr 28, 2022 2:20 PM
Oct 2019
Zorkary said:

Yes. OG fma gets hated on a lot but it’s not bad. To be honest OG fma lust and gluttony are better than fmab. Lust’s backstory was awesome. I think gluttony was also better in fma than fmab. Fma he was in a sense infatuated with lust. Not necessarily in love but he had a deep connection.
Apr 28, 2022 5:41 PM
Apr 2020
no ill never watch it again
Apr 28, 2022 6:10 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
I’ve heard both are good in different ways. I’ve only seen Brotherhood and really enjoyed it
Apr 29, 2022 3:47 AM
Feb 2021
I prefer the first half of OG as it doesn’t rush through the events like brotherhood does. For instance I found hueghs death much more emotional in the OG compared to Brotherhood.
Apr 29, 2022 10:12 AM

Sep 2021
Normally I tend to like a show with darker atmosphere but what Brotherhood had to offer easily overwhelmed 2003. Still both are great shows that are worth a watch.
Apr 29, 2022 2:45 PM
Feb 2022
I like both of them equally and I think both are a must watch
Apr 29, 2022 2:46 PM
Aug 2021
I only watched the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
Apr 29, 2022 6:45 PM

Jun 2012
Zorkary said:

i think i prefer the pacing and somewhat cool idea for an ending from original

also was way more memorable for me
might be cuz ive seen it first, who knows
still i think of them as equals
Apr 30, 2022 12:36 AM

Oct 2020
i watched brotherhood first, and loved it.
i watched the OG a few years later and i liked it :)
i still think the OG is worth watching, it's not as bad as some people make it out to be
May 1, 2022 6:06 PM
Apr 2022
I love both series. The starting episodes of the ‘03 gives lots of good back story that is missing from Brotherhood. And I think I actually enjoy that interpretation of the homunculi and bit more. However, I think I much enjoy of brotherhood went as a whole. I prefer Brotherhood, but I really do love ‘03 just as much. I always tell people starting to watch FMA, if they are down to watch both series then they should

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeviantKaos - Apr 25, 2010

332 by mjjones0 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kurotsuki - Apr 12, 2009

361 by Ronin_4011 »»
Yesterday, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 5, 2009

618 by Ronin_4011 »»
Yesterday, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Apr 26, 2009

446 by xennotsan »»
Apr 29, 2:58 AM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

133 by Angel_crush1 »»
Apr 27, 3:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.