Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 28, 2021 3:55 AM
Apr 2021
i need recommendations so what's your favourite anime?? you can list more than one if you want :)

(it would also be great if you could say what you love about it, but if you cba that's okay too haha)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 29, 2021 2:32 AM
Nov 2020
Great Teacher Onizuka, the show reminded me there's more to school than grades. Onizuka, the teacher rly cares about his students. He also does the funniest shit. Liked all the characters too.
Nov 29, 2021 11:08 AM
Feb 2021
So far, I would say it is AoT. It has an epic story full of shocking twists and turns. Also, the main thing is that the twists land and feel plausible in the story. It is more like the author has the full story in mind and he is just presenting a portion of it, leaving the rest of the plot in dark. Furthermore, the anime has got an enchanting soundtrack and amazing animation too, making it an all-round experience to cherish.
I have avoided the manga ending while making the above comments since it is yet to be animated.
Nov 29, 2021 5:42 PM
Aug 2021
Sakurada Reset
Dec 7, 2021 4:31 AM
Oct 2019
Honestly I would say Re:Zero I don't really know why but I love the characters even though the world they eixst in which is also pretty well made, they feel real in some twisted way
Dec 7, 2021 11:31 AM

Aug 2021
attack on titan because eren yeager
Dec 8, 2021 7:00 AM

Jul 2021
Probably Love is War, Promised Neverland (S1), Moriarty the Patriot.
Love is War is just an insanely good Romcom in a setting that I've never really experienced before. It's basically a thriller of sorts. That, Grand Blue and KonoSuba are 3 shows that I actually burst out in laughter to.
Promised Neverland is just a heart wrenching story that I could really connect to. A really creative premise and clear objective from the get go. Didn't put a foot wrong.
Moriarty the Patriot, well I'm kind of biased since I'm a huge mystery buff, but IMO it's objectively a really good anime. Sort of makes you think about different points of view and brings out a lot of the issues with monarchy and just the idea of societal hierarchy.
Those are basically most of my 10s, but a lot of my 9s and 8s are my favourites too. It would go on forever though, so I'll stop here.
Dec 8, 2021 7:42 AM
Dec 2020
Well if you check my entire profile, mine is pretty obvious, its Seishun Buta Yarou/Bunny girl senpai, the dialouge and the drama between the characters just hit perfectly for me.
Dec 10, 2021 9:56 AM
Dec 2020
My All Time Favourite is Naruto Series ♥๏ธ
Dec 11, 2021 12:54 PM

Dec 2021
Neon Genesis Evangelion (og series + EoE). Far from being a perfect anime (don't even need to touch on production problems), i don't think there's any other fictional work in general that ever strucked me emotionally like NGE and especially EoE did.
Talking about more recent anime i think Tatami Galaxy take the cake (then the other recent Yuasa work, Devilman: Crybaby, is great too, but i think my enjoyment of it has been affected a bit by having read the Devilman manga way before, and while it was a good adaptation and actualization i had some problem with how fast the last part of the story was adapted, i think it needed at least a couple episodes more, but i understand Yuasa's intention and thematic was tangent but not exactly the same as Nagai's so i guess it's ok)
Oznerol7Dec 11, 2021 1:00 PM
Dec 11, 2021 6:06 PM
Apr 2020
Assassination Classroom
Dec 11, 2021 11:36 PM
Nov 2021
One piece, Beacause of it's mysteries and and the backstories and also another reason is the stupid mc Monkey d. Luffy
Dec 13, 2021 7:22 PM
Apr 2021
would definitely be gintama but everything after gintama (2015) is meh
otherwise i will go with neon genesis evangelion
Dec 17, 2021 3:14 AM

Mar 2021
I have club how do i make a member of my club a club officer
Pls tell me im new in MAL

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 20, 2021 3:56 PM

Feb 2021
Monster
Dec 21, 2021 4:29 AM
Aug 2021
Digimon is my childhood anime.
Dec 21, 2021 5:01 PM
Jul 2021
My favs gotta be link click & Tokyo revengers atm both have to do with time traveling.
Dec 23, 2021 2:05 PM
Jun 2020
made in abyss :)
Dec 24, 2021 5:58 AM

Apr 2017
I'll say the ones i also love but i think there were not much who got around to watch it but are very good.
Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms (Movie)
Mahoutsukai no Yome be sure to watch the first ova's of 3 episodes because it's really good (Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito)
Akudama Drive
Great Pretender
Add me if you want to find some extra goodies for yourself o/
Dec 25, 2021 1:20 AM
Oct 2018
Shinsekai Yori - From the New World
Dec 25, 2021 2:45 AM
Dec 2021
black clover
Dec 25, 2021 10:45 AM
Apr 2021
I love One Piece, bc of the story and the friendships.
Dec 25, 2021 12:59 PM

Jan 2021
Probably Serial Experiments Lain, Monster, Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze
Dec 25, 2021 2:16 PM
Jul 2021
Hinamatsuri and mushoku tensei both top tier
Dec 30, 2021 12:11 AM
Dec 2021
My favorite anime is Attack on Titan.
Dec 31, 2021 4:21 AM
Jun 2020
tensei shitara slime datta ken
Jan 2, 2022 12:37 AM

Jul 2019
Utawarerumonno
Feb 6, 2022 3:09 PM
Nov 2019
It has to be Trigun, the concept is unique and the characters are very well made. It also has an amazing story and a 90's feel to it which i like very much.
Feb 7, 2022 12:50 AM
Jan 2021
Gintama
for me, gintama has everything, i love from daily life comedy arcs to serious arcs how it
comes back and forth with great unforgettable characters.
Feb 7, 2022 7:58 AM
Feb 2022
Attack on Titan, because the plot and animation are breathtaking. Characters are good too, but it sometimes gets even better when they die xD
Feb 7, 2022 9:57 AM

Sep 2020
My winning trio is: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Ashita no Joe ๐Ÿ˜„
Feb 7, 2022 9:54 PM

Oct 2018
Shokugeki no Souma
Feb 12, 2022 7:45 PM
Feb 2022
For me my favorite anime is attack on Titan which is a good mix of both action and thriller
Feb 13, 2022 9:32 PM
May 2020
1-Monogatari 2nd season
2-Hunter x Hunter (2011)
3-Kenpuu Denki Berserk
Feb 15, 2022 12:48 AM

Jul 2017
I like anime revolving around economics, game theory, innovation, entrepreneurship, and science. A smattering of comedy, action, horror, and slice of life supplement my viewing.

1. Toradora: This is the king of romance-drama anime, and has had profound influence. The interactions between characters are very hyper-realistic at times, and offer us a scope into the complexities of relationships, and how breakdown in communication and open and honest discussion can cause unnecessary complications; however, it's these very types complication that are inevitable and part of both the human experience and maturation. The MCs have elevated their love interests to such a level that, throughout most of the runtime, they can't even realize that the relationships that they think they want aren't even right for them, learning that relationships form naturally – not forcibly. Truly, if you want to watch a romance drama, this should provide the best experience.

2. Ascendance of a Bookworm: I think this actually is probably my favorite anime, on the basis that both seasons so far are consistently the highest-caliber quality and production value, with zero fluff and focused substance. Myne is self-pressured, by her passion for reading, into entrepreneurial pursuits to innovate on typographic technology, as there is a lack of printed works available to non-elites at the time; this is the setup for possibly the best isekai anime to ever grace the screen. The painstaking processes that she adopts in order to produce books at scale in an automated fashion are both entertaining and educational. Not only that, it touches on topics such as frustrating, unfair sociopolitical hierarchies and classist attitudes / customs, which act as a source of conflict for Main. She eventually must adapt and form a certain philosophy on fairness and economic work that doesn't infringe on existing church and state conventions. I can't recommend this anime enough.

3. Chihaya: Rarely can I classify someone as the epitome of passion; Chihaya is painted as this kind of uncommonly devoted person, an unusual archetype that hides in plain sight in real life. It's weird, in that the anime screenwriters take their time in showcasing the intricacies of karuta as a sport and competitive art – thus endearing this as a "sports" anime –, though at the same time it is also a sophisticated josei and romance work that respects the intelligence of its audience and remains informative and funny throughout. She views Arata as a key figure in her life, even though they grow apart, and characterizes his playing ability as "godlike" in speed and accuracy; however, she's too socially inept and narrow-minded on becoming Queen to realize that Arata and Taichi share a strong romantic interest in her. As part of her love and progression in competitive karuta, she forms unconventional and unlikely comradery with others at her school and abroad, in which they experience common goals, ardor, and learning through karuta performance and practice. Even the current Queen, Shinobu, is taken by her charm and friendliness, opening up to the idea of social interaction with peers after years of isolation. Despite almost a complete pedagogic failure, her impressive studious nature flourishes in the presence of karuta and competition, which infects almost everyone else around her, slinging them toward success of their goals. Taichi, humiliated by his past actions, must work to reconcile this disgrace, making him the most complex character. Arata, whose Meiji grandfather dies in a relapsed stroke, blames himself for this loss, all the more cutting for the fact that it occurs during a tournament he enters; thus, he's far from one-dimensional as well. Subsidiary characters all have backstories exposited and their motivations explored, and even those who seem, on the surface level, shallow and pretentious, begin to admire her and dynamically evolve – the majority of imperative characters, in fact, are quite dynamic, in reverence also to the fact that a growth mindset is necessary in order to remain effectively rivalrous in the meta. As time wears on, characters realize that things, including teams and relationships, don't last forever due to rebalancing priorities, and there's a dread for endings and a desire to best utilize the time given until those endings start to materialize. Every episode is titled based on one of the Hundred Poets' works, nearly always related to the episode's nucleus. A fourth season is needed to complete the 100 poems and provide resolution to the love triangle, and the massive cliffhanger at end of season 3.

4. Spice & Wolf: You can learn about macro and game theory and have a good experience at the same time! Even if you aren't the most academically-inclined person, the anime provides a discussion on scholastic topics in a reasonably accessible way. The brains of the show is its exploration into economic concepts as well as how people make decisions, particularly financial ones; while the soul is the snarky relationship between the two MCs – a traveling salesman (Lawrence) and a wolf-like deity (Holo) in hominid form. Main conflicts between them and malicious actors, bent on manipulating markets and outcomes, necessitate that they assess situations critically and cleverly, with a rationalist's approach to excogitation, in line with the show's primary catalyst – books detailing the development of capital systems in the 11th-17th centuries, like Gold and Spice (1998). These conflicts, however, are deftly exercised to act as broader backdrops to the microcosm of tension between the two MCs, and they ultimately test their bond and influence the outcome of their friendship. The twists and dramatic turns eventually lead to a climactic conclusion describing Holo's response and revelation to her homeland's fate. There's nothing in the anime literature quite like this anime.

5. My Next Life As a Villainess: I know, weird that I have a second show about A Different World, though hear this out; this show is another one that is entirely unique in its sphere. Unlike other shows, this one features a MC who's largely oblivious, maladroit, and magically and physically impotent. Catarina is not an OP magic user or sword fighter like in How Not to Summon, SAO, or Kuma x3 Bear, even though she's born into the juvenile body of an aristocrat. The show, beyond this, deviates from expectations in another very interesting way, given that the context is she must live in a very multiplex and punctilious simulation of an Ootome, or Dating Game, in which the heroine is actually an anti-hero doomed to die in almost every exhaustively-delineated series of events. In other words, all route lead to doom, and certain red flags indicate the increased likelihood of a negative route taken is pointing toward doom for the heroine. Catarina is familiar with the game from her previous life. To navigate and circumvent these horrible fates, Catarina constantly over-evaluates potential flags in fear, conducts an internal review amongst the many voices in her head, in a counsel-like assembly of frantic meditations, and actively compensates to avoid triggering her doom. As an unintended consequence, she ironically treats every important "conquerable" character with such niceness and reverence that they come to admire her deeply: her apparent magnanimous nature attracts the royal Geordo; her shared love for reading helps her bond with the otherwise ostracized albino Sophia; she supports Alan's expressive piano craft, opening him up to personal connection and intimacy. So this is undoubtedly a reverse harem (an peculiar one) as well. Most importantly, her interaction with Maria is central to the theme of the anime: that, even though Maria is a commoner, Catarina treats her with the same dignity that she would show any noble, when others condemn her existence. Taken critically, the show's commentary on the value of friendship and the conduct towards others argues that demonstrating kindness or empathy can have unimagined positive consequences on the lives for others.

6. Quintessential Quintuplets: My preferred (non-reverse) harem, QQ and QQ∫∫ center around a high-performing academic high school student, Fuutarou, teaching quintuplets so that they won't fail their exams or flunk school. They all have their varied interests that don't really align with the erudition needed to succeed in school: Ichika pursues acting roles, Miku has a fascination of only a very specific historical time period, and Nino is focused on supporting her sisters; Yotsuba is a physical person and member of the track team, while Itsuki likes food and criticism. Contextually, they have a strict yet preoccupied father, who demands better excellence and passing grades for all of them, and there's an overhanging threat that he'll cut them off from their otherwise relatively lavish lives if they don't respond to his wishes. Additionally, when the sisters learn that they have an interest in their tutor for varied reasons, additional levels of intrication are presented, with some willing to sabotage the others' chances. Several provocative dilemmas arise over ethics and familial cohesion. While the prospect of all five sisters fostering a similar desire toward a single person is quite unrealistic, beyond this there is a narrative that's smartly constructed, if you can suspend that one notion of reality. The questions form: how will the five sisters resolve the dispute over him, how will they financially and emotionally support themselves as an independent unit, and what will they accomplish academically and after?

7. Yuru Camp: I'm not a fan of camping. I am a fan of this anime. It has an extraordinary calming tone, in keeping with its iyashikei approach to story-telling, that's very slice-of-life. Several high school girls engage in a common hobby, make mistakes, and learn together in a wholesome narrative that's nonetheless engaging and instructive without clinical dryness. There's something refreshing about a show that knows what it wants to be, and willing to stay simple and nonconvoluted. The characters all have their unique personalities, from the muted shyness of introverted Rin and the aloof Nadeshiko, to the lightly know-it-all presence of Chiaki. What's most fascinating is that you don't have to care for the subject matter to like the show – the enjoyment is detached from the activity.

8. Psycho-pass: Debatably the most important scifi anime of the last decade – at least the first season – it has a particularly brutal exhibition, still remaining grounded in its grit. A new detective, Akane, must work with veteran executors of "justice" to enforce what is known as the Sybil system, not too unlike the precog standard from Minority Report (2002) or the AI centralization of information i, Robot (2004). The influence of western movies is clear. Similarly, Akane is disillusioned and grapples with nontrivial ethical points of dispute over whether justice is served, or even what the nature of justice entails from a philosophical standpoint. If you like philosophical discussion wrapped in a fairly gripping futurist steam-punkish scifi setting, and aren't averse to gore, you'll probably enjoy it.

9. Yahari ore: Hachimon is at this point a meme, though at least the surrounding characters are crisp, with a pristine quality to them. Woven into the dialogue, a realism hovers over the show such that none of the characters feel thin or one-note; even those that seem at first antipodal to the antisocial yet virtuosic aesthetic of Hachimon are seen to have the sensibilities to identify when an act of selfishness or cruelty is committed against another. Though his repelled perspective of perceived hypocrisy and artificiality is at first a weakness, when obligated to join a Volunteer Service Club at his school, his directness at solving problems works at a nascent level, until it clashes with proposed solutions from Yukino and Yui; and when their limit is reached that the most efficient and rational solution is no longer the superior option. Not only does everyone else around him need to improve, also he himself is flawed with narcissistic defects and must free himself from his cynicism and apathy while retaining a sense of individualism, the self.

10. The Ancient Magus' Bride: Boasting some of the most beautiful animation in anime history, the eye-candy visuals and cinematography are probably the main draw. That isn't to imply that the anime holds no other store of desirability. A structured script, likeable and well-written characters, and a fantastic score are all apparent in addition to the art of world-class production value. There are moments in the show that are sad and yet life-affirming at the same time, with the colors and lush sound meshing perfectly into cathartic entirety. If I had to say, this is the most experiential entry in this list for these reasons, and so it may demand a lot of emotional availability. It is worth it, I believe.

FluffyFlareonFeb 15, 2022 12:56 AM
Feb 24, 2022 12:54 AM
Feb 2022
Demon slayer :yuukaku hen
Feb 24, 2022 3:41 AM
Dec 2021
My favorites in Romance and sol (my heart went doki-doki) genre- 1. Shigatsu wa kimi no uso, 2. Tonikawa, 3. violet evergarden, 4. Seishun butayaron wa bunny girl senpai no yume wo minai, 5. Kaguya-sama love is war

Shonen- Naruto series, one piece and Demon slayer
ecchi- High school dxd series, Shokugeki no souma
Isekai- Mushoku tensei, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
Feb 24, 2022 4:22 PM
Aug 2015
The Zero no Tsukaima series. I watched it when i was 14 or so, so maybe I'm just being nostalgic, but I really enjoyed every season. Something about magic, action, comedy and even some romance had me really engaged. I couldn't recommend it enough.
Feb 25, 2022 12:28 PM
May 2021
Mahouka koukou no rettousei or Sword art online
Feb 26, 2022 10:18 AM
May 2021
My top anime is aot and I think it's obvious why. But before aot my top anime was Charlotte - cuz the character development and the BIG plot twist.
Feb 28, 2022 12:50 AM
Jan 2022
My favourite is Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. <3
Feb 28, 2022 9:31 PM
May 2020
Sleepy princess in the demon castle
Feb 28, 2022 9:59 PM
Aug 2021
Shingeki no Kyojin
Mar 1, 2022 4:53 AM
Apr 2013
Oh my gosh... This is a pretty difficult question. There are sooooo many good animes out there... Ill... try... naming just a few:

Angel Beats!
A mix of action, comedy and drama.

Gintama
The first few episodes are boring as hell, but once you get past those episodes, youre gonna laugh SO HARD that youre gonna fall off your chair(Im not kidding. It happened to me. XD)!

Overlord
This is one of the best isekai animes ever made(Thats just my opinion btw). Lots of action, comedy and a few funny ecchi scenes.

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
A very short but EXTREMELY good anime that will make you cry.

Satsuriku no Tenshi
If youre like me and you like weird genre combos, watch this anime if you like horror + romance animes.

Corpse Party: Tortured Souls
If you like pure Horror/Gore animes, Corpse Party is a must watch. Theres only 4 episodes, but theyre really worth watching. If you like the anime and you want more, there are games with the same name on steam.

Shuumatsu no Walküre
The perfect mix of mythology and action. This anime is REALLY good!

Gunslinger Girl
A somewhat old, but awesome, anime with lots of action and sad moments. If you like the 1st season, make sure you watch the 2nd season as well! โœฆ.โœฆ

InuYasha
If you want a mix of pretty much everything: Action, romance, comedy, drama, isekai/time travel, demons, schoolgirls... The anime has over 140 episodes iirc.

Mahoutsukai no Yome
A very beautiful and somewhat sad anime.

Great Pretender
If you like gangster stuff with awesome characters, give this anime a try! I guarantee that you wont regret it!

Otona no Bouguya-san
If youre like me and you love retro RPGs, then you MUST watch this anime! The episodes are kinda short though.

There are TONS of other animes that are worth watching, like Darker than Black, Coppelion, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Dies Irae, Serial Experiments Lain, Durarara!!, Horimiya, Detroit Metal City, Grisaia no Kajitsu and many many maaaaaaany others, but Ive named more than enough already, so Ill stop here. If you want more ideas, feel free to look at my list of completed animes! :D
Mar 4, 2022 2:03 PM
Apr 2021
Black Clover
Please read mamaYuYu, its amazing. Also MAPPA employees havent seen their families since 2021 lmao
Mar 4, 2022 11:56 PM
Jan 2022
Demon slayer. It has very nice animation, Great storyline , and also awesome fights
Mar 5, 2022 8:30 AM

Mar 2022
Love is War. The over-the-top comedy and the format of having episodes within episodes helps keeps things fresh. The 'confession competition' premise is just enough of a deviation from traditional romcoms to make it uniquely charming.
Mar 8, 2022 7:26 AM

Jan 2022
Gintama... It has the best character cast in my opinion. Also, the comedy and action in it is peak

๐™’๐™๐™ž๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™’๐™๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅ
๐˜ฟ๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™Ž๐™˜๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅโŸ ๐˜พ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™™๐™š ๐™‡๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅ ๐™™๐™š
๐™’๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅ ๐˜ฟ๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅ

[center]
Mar 8, 2022 8:29 PM
May 2019
Welcome to the N.H.K, hands down will always be my favorite Anime and Manga
Mar 31, 2022 11:37 AM
Mar 2022
this is really hard but, my fav anime not manga tho lol, is AoT
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1415 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:21 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

2 by Fauzy_Weliady »»
Feb 5, 7:15 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.