Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 22, 2021 8:08 AM
Mar 2021
sorry i’m pretty stupid lol but can someone explain to me what was going on at the end with the manga strip on either side of the door? was the story about the axe maniac that fujino received just in her head or was it something else? i’m just a bit confused with the flashback scenes in fujino’s mind.
Jul 22, 2021 12:45 PM
Mar 2018
inumxkii said:
sorry i’m pretty stupid lol but can someone explain to me what was going on at the end with the manga strip on either side of the door? was the story about the axe maniac that fujino received just in her head or was it something else? i’m just a bit confused with the flashback scenes in fujino’s mind.
a manatoki user in Look Back comments says:

So I will explain this later, after Kyomoto's death, where the timeline changed, which I thought was not understood.

As soon as Kyomoto dies, Fujino visits Kyomoto's house. And in the middle of the book, at the beginning of the story, I see a four frame manga that Fujino drew when he gave Kyomoto his diploma, and the content of the four frame manga was about seeing Kyomoto and leaving. As a result, Kyomoto went out and met Fujino and started his life later. Therefore, Fujino blamed himself for the reason for Kyomoto's death, because he took Kyomoto out of the comics.

At this moment, Fujino suffers a great sense of loss, because for Fujino, Kyomoto was the goal and reason for his life. Kyomoto, who had superior skills recognized by him and others in drawings and manga that he prided himself on being good at, for the first time became a feeling of inferiority towards Fujino and became a target. However, Kyomoto shows his admiration for Fujino, and this relationship eventually becomes the driving force behind Fujino's ability to draw manga. So, being a very precious being, he became very sad.

So he tears out a four-frame manga that he drew in the past, where the part that says "You can't leave is exquisitely torn, and he enters the room through the door under the door, and in the room where the fragment is placed, there is the ancient Kyomoto. From here, space-time transcends and a slightly surreal development ensues, so you can think of it as a cartoon device. Anyway, Kyomoto is surprised to see it, but Fujino comes to get his diploma. However, Kyomoto doesn't leave because he sees a sculpture that says "You must not leave," and the timeline passes in which Fujino and Kyomoto don't meet.

After that, Kyomoto draws manga according to Kyomoto, but Fujino, who was the reason for drawing manga, disappeared and Fujino graduated from karate. So time goes on and the day goes on until Kyomoto dies, but this time when Kyomoto is attacked, Fujino runs as if he knows, then he sees a criminal with a gun and saves Kyomoto. Here, Kyomoto and Fujino meet again and recognize each other.

But I don't know if Fujino's time traveled this time, or if it's just an illusion, or if it's just another timeline (if history) that exists in a parallel universe. But since it's just a parallel universe, Fujino acts like he knows 'Kyomoto is going to die' (he said he saved Kyomoto and started drawing manga), and since it's a time travel, he finally returns to the timeline where Kyomoto died and unfolds To become a character and delusional, they influenced each other's timeline (the four-cut cartoon moves to another timeline through the closed room door), anyway, it's so deep ... It's easier to think about it and move on. The important thing is the transmission of meaning and emotion.

Anyway, in this happy medetashi medetashi timeline, Kyomoto draws the story of Fujino saving himself as a four-panel manga, which, as before, moves through the bottom of the room door to the original timeline (Kyomoto dies and Fujino blames herself), was done. Hizono, who was blaming himself, was surprised to see this and opened the door tightly and entered the room. The room was filled with comic books that he had drawn. So even after separating from Hizono for a while, Kyomoto continued to read and follow Hizono's manga. Seeing this, Hizono felt many emotions and realizations, and he gathered his will and moved on. There is no exact description at this time. but it is assumed that Kyomoto gained the will to continue the manga even if he died in a state where he blamed himself for his manga.
Jul 23, 2021 12:00 AM
Jul 2018
It's nothing like alternate timeline or some big brainer, it's simply fujino imagining "what if".

As for the manga strip, so if you look at the window in kyomoto's room some manga strips are stuck there with tape and this one got blown off from there (you can see the tape left)
That strip shows that kyomoto always saw fujino as a hero like figure, and it's kind of a strange(?) coincidence.

Aug 12, 2021 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
Borshta said:
It's nothing like alternate timeline or some big brainer, it's simply fujino imagining "what if".

As for the manga strip, so if you look at the window in kyomoto's room some manga strips are stuck there with tape and this one got blown off from there (you can see the tape left)
That strip shows that kyomoto always saw fujino as a hero like figure, and it's kind of a strange(?) coincidence.

Amazing *__*
Thanks for the explanation
Apr 14, 2022 4:56 PM
Jun 2009
fegandr said:
inumxkii said:
a manatoki user in Look Back comments says:

So I will explain this later, after Kyomoto's death, where the timeline changed, which I thought was not understood.

As soon as Kyomoto dies, Fujino visits Kyomoto's house. And in the middle of the book, at the beginning of the story, I see a four frame manga that Fujino drew when he gave Kyomoto his diploma, and the content of the four frame manga was about seeing Kyomoto and leaving. As a result, Kyomoto went out and met Fujino and started his life later. Therefore, Fujino blamed himself for the reason for Kyomoto's death, because he took Kyomoto out of the comics.

At this moment, Fujino suffers a great sense of loss, because for Fujino, Kyomoto was the goal and reason for his life. Kyomoto, who had superior skills recognized by him and others in drawings and manga that he prided himself on being good at, for the first time became a feeling of inferiority towards Fujino and became a target. However, Kyomoto shows his admiration for Fujino, and this relationship eventually becomes the driving force behind Fujino's ability to draw manga. So, being a very precious being, he became very sad.

So he tears out a four-frame manga that he drew in the past, where the part that says "You can't leave is exquisitely torn, and he enters the room through the door under the door, and in the room where the fragment is placed, there is the ancient Kyomoto. From here, space-time transcends and a slightly surreal development ensues, so you can think of it as a cartoon device. Anyway, Kyomoto is surprised to see it, but Fujino comes to get his diploma. However, Kyomoto doesn't leave because he sees a sculpture that says "You must not leave," and the timeline passes in which Fujino and Kyomoto don't meet.

After that, Kyomoto draws manga according to Kyomoto, but Fujino, who was the reason for drawing manga, disappeared and Fujino graduated from karate. So time goes on and the day goes on until Kyomoto dies, but this time when Kyomoto is attacked, Fujino runs as if he knows, then he sees a criminal with a gun and saves Kyomoto. Here, Kyomoto and Fujino meet again and recognize each other.

But I don't know if Fujino's time traveled this time, or if it's just an illusion, or if it's just another timeline (if history) that exists in a parallel universe. But since it's just a parallel universe, Fujino acts like he knows 'Kyomoto is going to die' (he said he saved Kyomoto and started drawing manga), and since it's a time travel, he finally returns to the timeline where Kyomoto died and unfolds To become a character and delusional, they influenced each other's timeline (the four-cut cartoon moves to another timeline through the closed room door), anyway, it's so deep ... It's easier to think about it and move on. The important thing is the transmission of meaning and emotion.

Anyway, in this happy medetashi medetashi timeline, Kyomoto draws the story of Fujino saving himself as a four-panel manga, which, as before, moves through the bottom of the room door to the original timeline (Kyomoto dies and Fujino blames herself), was done. Hizono, who was blaming himself, was surprised to see this and opened the door tightly and entered the room. The room was filled with comic books that he had drawn. So even after separating from Hizono for a while, Kyomoto continued to read and follow Hizono's manga. Seeing this, Hizono felt many emotions and realizations, and he gathered his will and moved on. There is no exact description at this time. but it is assumed that Kyomoto gained the will to continue the manga even if he died in a state where he blamed himself for his manga.

Indeed. But both characters are female.
Feb 14, 2:20 AM

Dec 2009
^ Yeah, I couldn't read that post anymore or finish it.
So confusing and hard to read while always imagining myself correcting it all as her and she.
Should have fixed that poster's mistake instead of just copy-pasting it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Look Back Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

isimyok - Jul 18, 2021

144 by drayareturn »»
Apr 26, 7:11 AM

» Anime movie PV and KV, scheduled to premiere on June 28th, 2024.

ARK-13 - Feb 13

19 by K3Vz0 »»
Apr 17, 11:10 AM

» Anime adaptation

MegamiRem - Feb 1

31 by Dbagas8 »»
Feb 13, 7:27 AM

» a question

Rafaelwokeuplike - Jul 1, 2023

6 by KawaiiWaz »»
Jul 13, 2023 6:34 PM

» How can it be finished but have an unknown number of chapters?

__g - Apr 16, 2022

2 by TheColdMayor »»
Sep 27, 2022 6:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.