Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 29, 2010 9:42 AM

May 2009
I figured as there a small number of us who have read the series why not post a general discussion thread about for those of us who have read it to talk about it...

So stop in a talk about Firefighter Daigo, just remember folks that there MAY BE spoilers written in the thread, so read at your own risk.

I'll start I guess...

I personally fell in love with this series when I happened to stumble across the first volume in a book store. I was looking through the shelves and saw the manga, picking it up and reading the back. It looked interesting, so I bought it. I immediately fell in love with it and the story and proceeded to find the rest of the series as it was released. Sadly, since the series didn't take off to well around here like say Naruto or Bleach, the local book store stopped ordering it and I hand to end up special ordering it to finish the series.

I like the fact that the art in general has that gritty feel and there is a balance of action with general day to day life of the main character. The fact that the manga-ka also seems to try and delve a little into the characters themselves.
Nov 13, 2022 10:02 AM
Mar 2021
RaijiMagiwind said:
I figured as there a small number of us who have read the series why not post a general discussion thread about for those of us who have read it to talk about it...

So stop in a talk about Firefighter Daigo, just remember folks that there MAY BE spoilers written in the thread, so read at your own risk.

I'll start I guess...

I personally fell in love with this series when I happened to stumble across the first volume in a book store. I was looking through the shelves and saw the manga, picking it up and reading the back. It looked interesting, so I bought it. I immediately fell in love with it and the story and proceeded to find the rest of the series as it was released. Sadly, since the series didn't take off to well around here like say Naruto or Bleach, the local book store stopped ordering it and I hand to end up special ordering it to finish the series.

I like the fact that the art in general has that gritty feel and there is a balance of action with general day to day life of the main character. The fact that the manga-ka also seems to try and delve a little into the characters themselves.
Im surprised none replied in 10 years, but yes the things so say are true too bad shounen like naruto and one piece will always dominate series like these
Nov 21, 2022 8:21 AM

May 2021
Yeah it's such a shame. It gets really good on later, however the first volume I was annoyed by Daigo though? I had to put it on-hold for some time but after pushing myself further to read it beyond chapter 10 I was like "damn I need to read everything this manga has to offer, right now".

So if anyone sees this, its score is representative for what you'll get: interesting settings, character growth and strong urges to binge.

This manga was the second firefighting manga I've read and damn so worth it.

If you want more clarification on why you should read it: Click on this link.

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

Dec 14, 2022 6:57 PM

Jul 2019
RaijiMagiwind said:

I'll start I guess...

I personally fell in love with this series when I happened to stumble across the first volume in a book store. I was looking through the shelves and saw the manga, picking it up and reading the back. It looked interesting, so I bought it. I immediately fell in love with it and the story and proceeded to find the rest of the series as it was released. Sadly, since the series didn't take off to well around here like say Naruto or Bleach, the local book store stopped ordering it and I hand to end up special ordering it to finish the series. Well the sequel series is getting an anime adaptation not this one.

Apparently it's getting an anime adaptation now after all these years. Well the sequel series is getting an anime adaptation at least.
Dec 29, 2022 8:47 PM
Aug 2017
I disagree with the op. The series is fun and very entertaining but there's nothing more praise worthy or characters we can talk about it. It's your most generic character who is full of brute and bravery. The romance is irrelevant, no matter how they tried to make one of the character be more special. I'm not being negative about the manga. I'm saying that the manga is pure entertainment and shouldn't be taken seriously at all. It cannot be compared to a manga like One piece.
Mar 21, 2023 4:39 PM
Feb 2018
This series deserves a lot more recognition. Amazing read throughout, with a unique setting. The sequel has been getting published for over 2 years now, hopefully it gets translated. I'm also really hoping the sequel anime release goes smoothly.
Sep 22, 2023 6:22 PM

May 2010
This is a series most people have slept on. I remember seeing it at the library when I was a kid but was more interested in series with ninjas, pirates, and soul reapers. Hopefully with a new anime coming and the manga being on the viz app this series can find the audiences it deserves.

More topics from this board

» Is there a way to read/buy this in English?

Arius900 - Dec 15, 2017

1 by tr25a3 »»
Mar 12, 2020 11:45 AM

Poll: » Me-gumi no Daigo Chapter 6 Discussion

linkjoker - Feb 4, 2016

0 by linkjoker »»
Feb 4, 2016 11:02 AM

Poll: » Me-gumi no Daigo Chapter 5 Discussion

linkjoker - Feb 4, 2016

0 by linkjoker »»
Feb 4, 2016 10:34 AM

Poll: » Me-gumi no Daigo Chapter 4 Discussion

linkjoker - Feb 3, 2016

0 by linkjoker »»
Feb 3, 2016 2:09 PM

Poll: » Me-gumi no Daigo Chapter 3 Discussion

linkjoker - Feb 2, 2016

0 by linkjoker »»
Feb 2, 2016 8:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.