Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 18, 2021 5:36 AM

Sep 2011
I just finished watching this series and am about to start the sequel. I noticed that many of the reviews on here gave it very low scores and mentioned the politics of the series as the main reason. Am I missing something here? I thought it was pretty clear in the story that the actions of the Abh are fairly morally questionable and we just happen to be seeing things from their perspective most of the time. It never felt like it was trying to push a negative political agenda or anything.

If anyone can clue me in on the apparent controversy please do, as I must have missed something. Everything seemed completely fine to me, and the series was very enjoyable.

"They escaped the weight of darkness,
to forge a path into the marrow of the spirit.
They chose to drown in a deeper vacancy,
an emptiness that quells the null,
a pool for the forgotten..."
Jul 2, 2021 1:50 PM

May 2011
Some people just think they know what a story says better than its author or any viewer, or invent moral messaging to override what is given. Some people dance around Seikai claiming it to be the woke heaven, others run in circles screaming its propaganda piece for imperialism, eugenics, racism and/or and warmongering. In actuality its a space opera about a war in space. Shocking indeed.
Jul 2, 2021 3:19 PM

Sep 2011
Rastrelly said:
Some people just think they know what a story says better than its author or any viewer, or invent moral messaging to override what is given. Some people dance around Seikai claiming it to be the woke heaven, others run in circles screaming its propaganda piece for imperialism, eugenics, racism and/or and warmongering. In actuality its a space opera about a war in space. Shocking indeed.

Makes sense. Causing "controversy" by reading too much into it I guess.

"They escaped the weight of darkness,
to forge a path into the marrow of the spirit.
They chose to drown in a deeper vacancy,
an emptiness that quells the null,
a pool for the forgotten..."
May 16, 2023 5:11 PM
Oct 2015
Rastrelly said:
amerimutts are slowly ruining every aspect of entertainment, now all anime has to be non nuanced and politically possessed at all times since amerimutts can't cope with differing world views.
Mar 25, 2:38 PM
Feb 2024
To be honest, I didn't like Seikai no Monshou at all. But these negative reviews you mentioned, and especially the one currently on display, should be classified as psychological hazard capable of giving you stage 5 irreversible brain cancer that gets worse for every additional word you read.

These kind of people make me feel two things at once: disgust, for they are one of the most deranged schizos I've ever seen, and angst for partaking in the same species as them. I really wish I didn't.

More topics from this board

» Pointless and unnecessary discussion on ultranegative reviews

Rastrelly - Dec 15, 2022

14 by Rastrelly »»
Apr 1, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Seikai no Monshou Episode 13 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 17, 2008

47 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Mar 11, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Seikai no Monshou Episode 6 Discussion

Veethorn - Jun 8, 2010

17 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Feb 22, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Seikai no Monshou Episode 5 Discussion

wakka9ca - Mar 18, 2010

30 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Dec 8, 2023 4:58 PM

Poll: » Seikai no Monshou Episode 12 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 12, 2010

9 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 12, 2023 3:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.