Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 9, 2021 8:09 PM
May 2021
Let me just say this is just my opinion and I respect anyone who likes it and stuff.

But this show was just so fuckin bad to me. Like, I dropped this on mid-episode 17 so maybe it does get better later on but I just couldn’t continue.

First, let’s start with Misaki and Usui. Misaki was, overall, an okay-ish protagonist. But honestly, my main issue with her is that she learns at the end of some episodes that guys aren’t too bad and blah blah blah, but then her behavior and malice towards guys comes back the next episode and it feels as if she didn’t learn anything from the previous episodes. There’s no development for her and it’s honestly a tad unbearable.

My main issue is with Usui though. This dude is fucking all over the place. He has no flaws (or maybe I just didn’t look hard enough/am a complete dumbass lmfao). He’s a stalker and to me it’s annoying how the show romanticizes this and he even looks up at her panties in one of the earlier episodes. Everybody either wants to be with him or be him, and I really hated him in episode 16.

In episode 16 he gives her a hickey because he didn’t want anyone else to see her in that swimsuit. That’s so fucking creepy and extremely rude of him, especially since he had no position whatsoever to do that to her. Like if she wanted to go in that outfit then let her, don’t be so goddamn controlling. Don’t get me wrong, it’s cool for me to see possessiveness or jealousy or whatever in anime or manga, but I mean not to this level, especially if theyre not even in a relationship and stuff. And I also felt really awful for Misaki when she couldn’t go to the hot springs with the rest of her maid friends, because she had seemed so excited to go. And I hate how the show makes Usui as this dreamy guy when he hugs her and helps her when he finds her outside in the middle of the night frightened of ghosts. Yet he was the one who put her in that goddamn situation in the first place because he gave her that hickey.

Aside from those two, the side characters don’t really do all that much in the show and aside from a few they’re pretty unforgettable too imo.

Anyways, I just wanted to know: is it still worth watching the last eight episodes?
Jun 9, 2021 8:22 PM
May 2020
EggyNaeggy said:
Let me just say this is just my opinion and I respect anyone who likes it and stuff.

But this show was just so fuckin bad to me. Like, I dropped this on mid-episode 17 so maybe it does get better later on but I just couldn’t continue.

First, let’s start with Misaki and Usui. Misaki was, overall, an okay-ish protagonist. But honestly, my main issue with her is that she learns at the end of some episodes that guys aren’t too bad and blah blah blah, but then her behavior and malice towards guys comes back the next episode and it feels as if she didn’t learn anything from the previous episodes. There’s no development for her and it’s honestly a tad unbearable.

My main issue is with Usui though. This dude is fucking all over the place. He has no flaws (or maybe I just didn’t look hard enough/am a complete dumbass lmfao). He’s a stalker and to me it’s annoying how the show romanticizes this and he even looks up at her panties in one of the earlier episodes. Everybody either wants to be with him or be him, and I really hated him in episode 16.

In episode 16 he gives her a hickey because he didn’t want anyone else to see her in that swimsuit. That’s so fucking creepy and extremely rude of him, especially since he had no position whatsoever to do that to her. Like if she wanted to go in that outfit then let her, don’t be so goddamn controlling. Don’t get me wrong, it’s cool for me to see possessiveness or jealousy or whatever in anime or manga, but I mean not to this level, especially if theyre not even in a relationship and stuff. And I also felt really awful for Misaki when she couldn’t go to the hot springs with the rest of her maid friends, because she had seemed so excited to go. And I hate how the show makes Usui as this dreamy guy when he hugs her and helps her when he finds her outside in the middle of the night frightened of ghosts. Yet he was the one who put her in that goddamn situation in the first place because he gave her that hickey.

Aside from those two, the side characters don’t really do all that much in the show and aside from a few they’re pretty unforgettable too imo.

Anyways, I just wanted to know: is it still worth watching the last eight episodes?
for you it isn't worth watching the last 8 episode since you don't like the dynamic between the characters and it's a typical shoujo to it's core and they've male protag like these mostly so just try to stay away from typical shoujo animes I guess
Jun 9, 2021 8:32 PM
May 2021
Aight thanks for telling me!
Jun 9, 2021 8:51 PM
May 2021
EggyNaeggy said:
You could try 'akatsuki no yona' instead
Jun 9, 2021 9:01 PM

Nov 2020
That's shoujo for you mate...
I also hated some parts of the anime and I didn't like it that much either...
This anime has the tendency to piss people off for some reason...
But still I finished it for the sake of completion...
You can do the same it's only 8 episodes...
Jun 9, 2021 9:20 PM
Feb 2014
Congrats, you've discovered the shojo formula: have a perfect, white knight hero who everyone wants, but the only one he's interested in is our plain Jane heroine which makes her easy for the audience to self insert into. There, a perfect Cinderella story.

Of course, not all shojo romance follow this formula. If you haven't already, watch Lovely Complex. The main duo there is very different from your typical shojo romance in that they are flawed. That means no one puts them on a pedestal, and it's just these two, understanding and making up for each other's shortcomings as together they grow. It feels real and IMO, that's peak romance.
Jun 9, 2021 9:32 PM
Jan 2019
You just discovered shoujo bruh. If you want a different shoujo, try Kimi ni Todoke.
Jun 9, 2021 9:56 PM

Jul 2017
You've got to consider the main audience, which is hormone addled teens lol. This shit only works because Usui is dreamy. All those uncomfortable, creepy situations will find nothing but excitement in many viewers lol.

Jun 9, 2021 10:01 PM
Jan 2021
Like the guy above me said, this is a Shoujo. It focuses more on female demographics, that's why Usui is potrayed like a perfect dude. That's the same as normal Shounen romance where the waifus are beautiful and has unique characteristics (tsundere, kuudere, rich girl with issues, big oppai, she cared a lot for the MC, etc). For a Shoujo, this is quite good IMO(Male viewer). If you're interested in trying another Shoujo, I'd recommend Ao Haru Ride and Orange.
Hot_Green_TeaJun 9, 2021 10:08 PM
Jun 9, 2021 10:04 PM

Dec 2019
yup exactly, its a shoujo and also ofc fiction so real life rules don't apply here and shoujo tend to have dreamy and perfect men for the main audience to swoon over. i personally thought this was a very entertaining show and loved it. probably among my all time favourites.

"i tried to drown an 8 year old once"
- @marinara-sauce

バンの一味

Jun 9, 2021 10:15 PM
Apr 2021
Eh, but it was my first shoujo and some episodes made me laugh. The moron trio, man that's really what made me enjoy the show three guy who are friends and have different interests,Ryonosuke was my favorite out of three of them. ( yes I actually finished the whole series)
Jun 9, 2021 10:35 PM
Feb 2021
EggyNaeggy said:

I literally felt the same way.i didn't really like this anime and I hated usui. And I don't think the last 8 episodes are worth it.
Jun 10, 2021 12:24 AM

Aug 2020
Have u not watched a shoujo before
Jun 10, 2021 1:13 AM
Aug 2015
Since the other people told you what is a Shoujo i will also say that this anime is unfinished. The manga ended if i remember good, i won't give you spoilers since u still have 8 episodes left, but u should watch them.
Jun 10, 2021 1:34 AM
Jun 2021
EggyNaeggy said:

SAME,bro I don’t know how that guy finds time for every language lessons,studying,chess,sports,chilling on a roof of school and stalking girl in a maid cafe💀.You dropped show for good there would be a new guy who is like good and human like but he would be fucking ignored.

Second,Main girl is acting all feministic but always seems like she needs an Usui to fix a problem with his extreme charm and over the top protectiveness
Jun 10, 2021 5:25 AM

Dec 2019
It’s okay to have a wrong opinion don’t worry dude ;)
Jun 10, 2021 5:43 AM
Feb 2021
The first time I watched this anime, I didn't notice any of the shit behaviour he has done or more like I was too focused on his dreamy appearance. If I were to watch it again now, I'm sure I would feel the exact
same feelings as you. Hence why I'd rather not.

The show promotes toxic behaviour and it's full of bad written characters. Though I still think that watching it all is a good idea so you have an overall solid opinion on it.

Also, I hope you don't bash the whole shoujo genre in general. Cause although there are many bad shoujo like this one, there are also plenty of them that are worth the watch and time. For example, Oregairu, Fruits Basket, Nana, Watakoi(?) and many more.
scarletdawn_Jun 11, 2021 5:51 AM
Jun 10, 2021 6:15 AM
Nov 2020
Just couldn't agree more. Usui is the most annoying thing in this whole fycking world. I still wonder how can people enjoy this. Though everyone has their own taste and i respect that. But yes i just couldn't agree more with this.
Jun 10, 2021 6:32 AM
Nov 2020
Personally I liked the show but it wasn’t for the regular reasons. I just thought it was freaking hilarious especially the trio of dumasses they had me cracking up. However if someone says they aren’t a fan I can get why. Usui is a creep and Misaki doesn’t get to keep her development a lot of the time
Jun 10, 2021 9:35 AM
Jul 2020
i even like shoujo and i still couldn’t force myself to finish this
Jun 10, 2021 9:52 AM

Oct 2015
I don't like Usui either but he's par for the course for Shojo manga male romantic leads. A smart, tall, handsome, athletic, basically boringly flawless male character who is also rich alongside the bland, short, good-girl female self-insert. These types of male characters often groom or sexually assault the female MCs but it's always overlooked because they are handsome and rich.
Jun 10, 2021 7:09 PM
Feb 2021
I dropped it on ep6 for some reason I just couldn’t get into it and it was pretty boring :’) I was force watching it bec people said it was going to get better but thanks for you review! I can gladly skip it now
Jun 10, 2021 8:01 PM
Dec 2019
I recommend you these instead then:
Mahoutsukai No Yome with to very much flawed characters which take development.
Lovely Complex which attracts two opposites and Kimi NI Todoke to be a very romantic al and innocent Romance. In Akatsuki No Yona as a princess which can take her things in her own hands and a brave heroine.
Jun 10, 2021 9:38 PM
May 2021
__Haliya__ said:
EggyNaeggy said:
You could try 'akatsuki no yona' instead
Aight will put this on my want list thx!
Jun 10, 2021 9:39 PM
May 2021
Devil-san said:

Ya I’m thinking about doing that tbh, still don’t really know yet since I’ve been planning on watching Fruits Basket lmao
Jun 10, 2021 9:40 PM
May 2021
AsherGZ said:
Congrats, you've discovered the shojo formula: have a perfect, white knight hero who everyone wants, but the only one he's interested in is our plain Jane heroine which makes her easy for the audience to self insert into. There, a perfect Cinderella story.

Of course, not all shojo romance follow this formula. If you haven't already, watch Lovely Complex. The main duo there is very different from your typical shojo romance in that they are flawed. That means no one puts them on a pedestal, and it's just these two, understanding and making up for each other's shortcomings as together they grow. It feels real and IMO, that's peak romance.

Good to know, thx!
Jun 10, 2021 9:41 PM
May 2021
Attackonfiller said:
You've got to consider the main audience, which is hormone addled teens lol. This shit only works because Usui is dreamy. All those uncomfortable, creepy situations will find nothing but excitement in many viewers lol.

Yeah you’re right about that lmao
Jun 10, 2021 9:42 PM
May 2021
Hot_Green_Tea said:
Like the guy above me said, this is a Shoujo. It focuses more on female demographics, that's why Usui is potrayed like a perfect dude. That's the same as normal Shounen romance where the waifus are beautiful and has unique characteristics (tsundere, kuudere, rich girl with issues, big oppai, she cared a lot for the MC, etc). For a Shoujo, this is quite good IMO(Male viewer). If you're interested in trying another Shoujo, I'd recommend Ao Haru Ride and Orange.

Alright, thx for the rec!
Jun 10, 2021 9:43 PM
May 2021
neevapoudel said:
EggyNaeggy said:

I literally felt the same way.i didn't really like this anime and I hated usui. And I don't think the last 8 episodes are worth it.

Aight I appreciate you telling me this! Glad to find someone else on the same boat as me, cuz I really couldn’t stand Usui lmao
Jun 10, 2021 9:45 PM
May 2021
Tyraq said:
Have u not watched a shoujo before

I’ve watched a couple, granted most of the anime I watched was back in 2016-2017 so I obviously don’t have the same mindset on Shoujo as I did back then.
Jun 10, 2021 9:46 PM
May 2021
AlexAN1 said:
Since the other people told you what is a Shoujo i will also say that this anime is unfinished. The manga ended if i remember good, i won't give you spoilers since u still have 8 episodes left, but u should watch them.

Yeah most people on here have told me so Im most likely going to just finish it all lmao
Jun 10, 2021 9:49 PM
May 2021
DrPirahna said:
EggyNaeggy said:

SAME,bro I don’t know how that guy finds time for every language lessons,studying,chess,sports,chilling on a roof of school and stalking girl in a maid cafe💀.You dropped show for good there would be a new guy who is like good and human like but he would be fucking ignored.

Second,Main girl is acting all feministic but always seems like she needs an Usui to fix a problem with his extreme charm and over the top protectiveness

LMFAO I SWEAR. Misaki (main girl) obviously should get help from time to time but like it’s infuriating how later on whenever she even has one problem he’s going to get her out of it.

And yeah Usui has so many problems like wtf LMAO. Idk how he can spend so much time with her when he clearly has a busy life and yeah I heard there was a new love interest in the last couple episodes and he was a decent guy but you know the drill with most shoujos: first come first serve lmao
Jun 10, 2021 9:51 PM
May 2021
honyax said:
EggyNaeggy said:

i actually agree with you with all of these. THANKU FOR EXPLAINING BC im not great at expressing myself so this helped me clear up what i should say the next time someone asks why i ion like it. as attractive this mf usui is, he is mad annoying. n the plot bored me ngl. if you want some recommendations, lovely complex, nana, kimi ni todoke is cute (i recommend reading the manga too), kamisama kiss is ok too. i would finish maid sama bc why not, not that many eps left but i would understand if you dropped it lmao

Ooh thx for the recs! And yeah at times I’m not that good at expressing myself either happens to a lot of us lmao, happy to help you out on that! And yeah most likely just gonna keep watching lmao
Jun 10, 2021 9:52 PM
May 2021
MKiZoku said:

Dude just letting you know there’s no such thing as a wrong opinion ;)
Jun 10, 2021 9:56 PM
May 2021
soratoru said:
The first time I watched this anime, I didn't notice any of the shit behaviour he has done or more like I was too focused on his dreamy appearance. If I were to watch it again now, I'm sure I would feel the exact
same feelings as you. Hence why I rather not.

The show promotes toxic behaviour and it's full of bad written characters. Though I still think that watching it all is a good idea so you have an overall solid opinion on it.

Also, I hope you don't bash the whole shoujo genre in general. Cause although there are many bad shoujo like this one, there are also plenty of them that are worth the watch and time. For example, Oregairu, Fruits Basket, Nana, Watakoi(?) and many more.

Lmfao I agree about the Usui part he’s really hot. The only good trait about him to me LMFAO.

And I understand what you mean definitely gonna pick this series up again.

And yeah I dont hate the entire shoujo genre actually, I really like the magical girl animes which I think are part of the shoujo genre? And Ouran High School Host Club left a really good impression on me too (really loved the twins and Tamaki aside from his behavior in episode eight lmao).

And thx for the recs!
Jun 10, 2021 10:02 PM

Aug 2019
I completely agree it kinda drove me crazy because it's so loved. I was calling Usui Mary Usuei (mary sue)
Misaki is fine but she doesn't stay consistent enough in her development and Usui is a mess. He's also so predictable. I don't get why so many people love it. Is it nostalgia talking? I know I would've eaten this shit up when I was 11 so maybe that's why.
I finished the anime a while ago and it was so unsatisfying. I'm reading the manga now, it's better but in the way the manga is always better. It's still a mediocre story. My masochist ass is still gonna finish it tho.
Jun 11, 2021 4:17 AM

Dec 2019
EggyNaeggy said:
MKiZoku said:

I thought I made it clear that I was joking, sorry about that
Jun 11, 2021 5:11 AM
Jul 2018
In short you are annoyed. Continue it if you still have a little hope. That's shoujo anime and it's just a small particle that resemble the story.
Jun 11, 2021 5:50 AM
Feb 2021
EggyNaeggy said:
soratoru said:
same feelings as you. Hence why I rather not.

Lmfao I agree about the Usui part he’s really hot. The only good trait about him to me LMFAO.

And I understand what you mean definitely gonna pick this series up again.

And yeah I dont hate the entire shoujo genre actually, I really like the magical girl animes which I think are part of the shoujo genre? And Ouran High School Host Club left a really good impression on me too (really loved the twins and Tamaki aside from his behavior in episode eight lmao).

And thx for the recs!
Yeah truly lmaoo being hot is his only good trait. I'm also really into magical girls anime, specially cause I grew up with them! and OMG Ouran High School Host Club is literally my favourite shoujo and Tamaki is so damn hilarious HAHAHA.

Also you are welcome!
Jun 11, 2021 5:55 AM
Jul 2018
You lasted 17 episodes I couldn't even bear three episodes before dropping it
Jun 11, 2021 6:36 PM
Jan 2018
Yeah, I'm pretty toletant towards weird shit in anime like incest, lolita stuff, etc.

But this anime came across as somewhat abusive honestly. And not the comedic haha teasing kinda thing. But usui is actually a pretty shitty dude. Its not offensive to me, its more like I find it angered me to watch him be such a tool to such a good girl.

Definitely not a fan either, idk why this is one of jc-staffs higher rated shows.
He died doing what he wanted, no matter what, right? I bet he was happy.

Good luck with berserk Kouji Mori, you'll need all the help you can get. We believe in you.
Jun 11, 2021 6:58 PM
May 2021
MKiZoku said:
EggyNaeggy said:

OH IM SO SORRY I DID NOT REALIZE

I’m really bad at picking up sarcasm online lmao, very sorry about that
Jun 11, 2021 7:04 PM

Dec 2019
EggyNaeggy said:
MKiZoku said:

It’s okay! I was just making a joke because I liked it and all. Lol no hard feelings here dude :)
Jun 11, 2021 7:06 PM
May 2021
Sharmat_00 said:
Yeah, I'm pretty toletant towards weird shit in anime like incest, lolita stuff, etc.

But this anime came across as somewhat abusive honestly. And not the comedic haha teasing kinda thing. But usui is actually a pretty shitty dude. Its not offensive to me, its more like I find it angered me to watch him be such a tool to such a good girl.

Definitely not a fan either, idk why this is one of jc-staffs higher rated shows.

Ya I agree, I’d say aside from him being perfect and skilled in almost every regard his personality is kind of realistic to a teenager, but that’s only because as a teenager you meet a lot of shitty people so that’s not exactly a good thing lmao.

And ya it’s not offensive to me either, but just the main problem for me is that his character’s personality is romanticized when he’s a pretty shitty guy.

And I’m really shocked whenever people say that this anime preaches feminism when it doesn’t really? I mean yeah I’d say at its time and the fact that it came out of Japan when Japan is pretty sexist it might be one of the better ones to it’s female treatment but even then the relationship between Usui and Misaki is very concerning to me
Jun 11, 2021 7:08 PM
May 2021
fleurella said:
You lasted 17 episodes I couldn't even bear three episodes before dropping it

Lmfaoo I feel that man
Jun 11, 2021 7:11 PM
May 2021
MKiZoku said:
EggyNaeggy said:

It’s okay! I was just making a joke because I liked it and all. Lol no hard feelings here dude :)

Aww okay thx man! :D
Jun 12, 2021 10:58 AM
Apr 2021
Devil-san said:
Too mate, it was so damn boring
Jun 12, 2021 11:04 AM

Dec 2020
right holy shit😭😭 my friend who used to be obsessed with usui straight up thinks he's a creep now. as she should, he's so fucking weird bro
Jun 15, 2021 7:39 PM
Dec 2020
Damn bro how long did that take you to type

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 6

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2010

388 by Troy_The_Boy »»
Apr 6, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

taim - Jul 15, 2010

142 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 24, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

165 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 22, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2010

128 by antoninus_v »»
Mar 21, 8:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.