Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 10, 2021 9:45 PM
Jan 2021
As the title suggests, is it worth watching . Now a days i am not able to watch so much of anime because of my studies, so that i want to make best out of my free time. Actually I created a similar kind of form in darker than black, there one guy suggested me to watch black lagoon , he said both are somewhat similar . so I wanted to know is it worth watching!
(which is better black lagoon or darker than black?)
May 10, 2021 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
No. Black Lagoon is extremely overrated. Don't get fooled by the high rating and positive talk about this pile of shit. It's extraordinarily boring.
May 10, 2021 9:54 PM
Jan 2021
Samayou_Tamashii said:
No. Black Lagoon is extremely overrated. Don't get fooled by the high rating and positive talk about this pile of shit. It's extraordinarily boring.

Thank you for giving reply :)
May 10, 2021 9:55 PM
Jul 2018
Yeshwanth_18 said:
Samayou_Tamashii said:

No problem. No Problem
May 10, 2021 10:24 PM

Oct 2019
Don’t know if it is overrated or not (Could be), but at least for me it was worth watching.
If you like Action/Violence/Psychological etc, something tailor thors Adult audience and stuff you might enjoy it.
Similar series (Some Tags not all of them) that deal with mature subjects would be, as you mentioned, Darker than Black, Canaan, Gangsta, 91 Days, Baccano, Requiem of Shadow, Psycho Pass.
Personally I like both Black Lagoon & Gangsta more than DTB, but that’s subjective opinion because I also read their mangas so more time invested in their lore and series.
I honestly believe Black Lagoon is a good series and it deserves the score it has, for what is worth, so as long as you like (Or have watched) the aforementioned series BL would be to your liking.
May 10, 2021 10:49 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly idk why you take the opinion of other ppl for sth like this. Just watch it and see if you enjoy it, why do you need the opinion of others to determine what you like or not. The rating of the series is pretty high, that for me is enough to watch it, although ratings on MAL are really garbage at times.
May 10, 2021 10:53 PM
Sep 2020
Yeshwanth_18 said:
As the title suggests, is it worth watching . Now a days i am not able to watch so much of anime because of my studies, so that i want to make best out of my free time. Actually I created a similar kind of form in darker than black, there one guy suggested me to watch black lagoon , he said both are somewhat similar . so I wanted to know is it worth watching!
yes,in my opinion black lagoon is a great anime. The isn't much to say about the story but if you want action there is a lot in it. It is enjoyable I rated it a 9. Darker than Black is not as good as black lagoon it has super natural elements but it is boring and it take very long to develop the story and it is not engaging. But both of them has no great story or characters, if you want to see a gangster anime with guns and violence then watch it but if not there are many anime to spend your time with.
AnimefandarshMay 10, 2021 10:59 PM
May 10, 2021 10:59 PM
Jan 2021
GreiLugaj said:
Honestly idk why you take the opinion of other ppl for sth like this. Just watch it and see if you enjoy it, why do you need the opinion of others to determine what you like or not. The rating of the series is pretty high, that for me is enough to watch it, although ratings on MAL are really garbage at times.

I would have watched without asking anyone but I have very less time to watch anime maximum of 2-3 episodes per day soo, I asked for others opinion :(
May 10, 2021 11:03 PM
Sep 2020
Yeshwanth_18 said:
if you want gangster amime I heard gangsta, durarara, baccano has good character and story. These are better anime to spend your time with.
May 10, 2021 11:09 PM
Jan 2021
Animefandarsh said:
Yeshwanth_18 said:
if you want gangster amime I heard gangsta, durarara, baccano has good character and story. These are better anime to spend your time with.

May 10, 2021 11:10 PM
Jan 2021
RandomGuyScott said:
Don’t know if it is overrated or not (Could be), but at least for me it was worth watching.
If you like Action/Violence/Psychological etc, something tailor thors Adult audience and stuff you might enjoy it.
Similar series (Some Tags not all of them) that deal with mature subjects would be, as you mentioned, Darker than Black, Canaan, Gangsta, 91 Days, Baccano, Requiem of Shadow, Psycho Pass.
Personally I like both Black Lagoon & Gangsta more than DTB, but that’s subjective opinion because I also read their mangas so more time invested in their lore and series.
I honestly believe Black Lagoon is a good series and it deserves the score it has, for what is worth, so as long as you like (Or have watched) the aforementioned series BL would be to your liking.

May 10, 2021 11:20 PM
Sep 2020
Animefandarsh said:
Yeshwanth_18 said:
yes,in my opinion black lagoon is a great anime. The isn't much to say about the story but if you want action there is a lot in it. It is enjoyable I rated it a 9. Darker than Black is not as good as black lagoon it has super natural elements but it is boring and it take very long to develop the story and it is not engaging. But both of them has no great story or characters, if you want to see a gangster anime with guns and violence then watch it but if not there are many anime to spend your time with.
and importantly if you decide to watch black lagoon watch it in dub it is one of the anime which has better dub than the original sub.
May 10, 2021 11:33 PM

Apr 2021
darker than black is slow but its good. not story driven so if that is somethin that bothers you then you won't enjoy black lagoon or darker than black.

i recommend darker than black over black lagoon based on my preferences
May 10, 2021 11:36 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The conversations that revy and rokorou have, particularly the one in episode 7 (I think, might've been episode 8) are the highlight of the entire show. Shit gets real in those moments and it's handled masterfully. Other than that, I really didn't like season 1, and thus did not continue to watch season 2.

To put it simply, it's not dumb fun action like you'd expect, it's more just DUMB action. There's automatic weapons everywhere and Revy is literally standing still and the baddies who have her surrounded have less than storm trooper aim and still can't hit her. Yeah it doesn't really matter, and it's supposed to be kind of over the top and "cool", but I just find it really meh. If that's more your thing, great. Maybe season 2 is more my speed, but I really just don't care

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 11, 2021 12:40 AM
Jan 2018
Black lagoon was pretty alright. Not all that special though. If you want something badass and very rated R then I would point you towards Hellsing ultimate. I think its vastly superior.
He died doing what he wanted, no matter what, right? I bet he was happy.

Good luck with berserk Kouji Mori, you'll need all the help you can get. We believe in you.
May 11, 2021 12:59 AM

Jul 2020
Don't except it to be like cowboy bebop or trigun because this really isn't that good. However, Revy was a good character and I think the first season was worth watching.
[center][img]signature.png[/img][/center]
May 11, 2021 1:00 AM
Jan 2021
I have to say season 1 was overrated still a fun time but not as good as loads of people said. But season 2 is so much better and literally love it and the OVA to pieces. It enhances on the characters, the world and it’s just entertaining stories. Highly recommend watching a couple of eps from s1 and then jump to s2.
May 11, 2021 1:14 AM

May 2016
The reply above me pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Season 1 was okay despite being rather boring but Season 2 and the OVA were leagues better than the first one with all the mayhem that happens~

May 11, 2021 1:54 AM
Apr 2021
Its hella worth trust me i learned so much from s2.
May 11, 2021 1:56 AM
Apr 2020
Slam dunk and hajime no Ippo are two of the best written sports series ever. Even if you don't like sports in general, you'll love these.
May 11, 2021 2:44 AM
Jan 2019
Why bother making this thread? Just read the reviews. You’ll have 1000 people say it’s shit and another 1000 people say it’s the greatest anime ever. I personally really like the series (I own the blurays) and I recommend it to my friends. Just watch the first couple of eps. If you wanna know what happens next then keep watching. If not, don’t.
May 11, 2021 3:13 AM
Oct 2020
It’s pretty good but inconclusive and maddeningly so. I still don’t really know what I got from the show but it was a dope ride so I recommend checking out atleast a couple ep since it starts off strong and if you like the characters who are amazing in the dub btw and make the show, you might stick through.
Definitely ‘better’ than DTB imo tho they’re both inconclusive lol. Finish your stories anime!
May 11, 2021 3:40 AM
Sep 2020
It is worth watching but the last season ain't very good
Sep 2020
Sep 2020
May 11, 2021 3:54 AM
Apr 2020
It isn’t that bad, I would say it was okay.. I loved the fighting scenes and the killing but I won’t say it’s the best bc it isn’t... sometimes it gets a little boring. That’s my opinion ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€
May 11, 2021 4:45 AM
Oct 2020
Samayou_Tamashii said:
i respectfully disagree ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
May 11, 2021 4:55 AM

Dec 2020
YES. One of best action animes ever
May 11, 2021 5:11 AM
Feb 2021
Black lagoon is worth watching the main characters are made good and the female characters play a strong role in the anime it is worth warching
May 11, 2021 5:11 AM
Feb 2021
Black lagoon is worth watching the main characters are made good and the female characters play a strong role in the anime it is worth warching
May 11, 2021 8:46 AM
Mar 2020
Might be biased since it's one of my favourite anime, but this isn't because of any nostalgic attachment since I only watched the series last year and still have yet to read the manga,

I think the 2 main characters Rock and Revy are a really great combination due to there opposing upbringings and views,

I think it's arcs that are usually around 4 episodes each having their own antagonists that are different from the next and the displays of action or conveyed in a very gritty and intense way that makes it very visually interesting, though that's not to say it always takes it self seriously as it has it's humorous moments (especially in season 2)

I haven't seen the other anime you mentioned so have no clue whether it's similar, but I hope this gives you a clearer a picture of the show.

P.S if you decide to watch it I'd probably avoid the 5 episode OVA, It loses what I love about the season 1 and 2 by taking away the focus from out protagonists.
May 11, 2021 9:35 AM

Apr 2021
if you're looking for an anime with good story & minimal plot armor that deals with mature subjects in a serious way, then it's not worth wasting your time on.
May 11, 2021 10:33 AM
May 2019
Yeshwanth_18 said:
i really enjoyed iy havent watched darker than black but its pretty good
May 11, 2021 12:56 PM
Mar 2021
I love love love Black lagoon. Revy made me scream laugh. The action was good & I actually really liked the story. Roberta is bad as hell also.
May 11, 2021 2:07 PM
Mar 2020
Imo it’s definitely worth watching. I love it

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 11, 2021 2:15 PM

Feb 2021
It’s definitely worth a watch. If your looking for uncensored high-octane action then this is the anime to watch.
May 11, 2021 7:26 PM

Jul 2014
For me personally, Black Lagoon is the best action anime every made. In terms of pure badass action, it can’t be beat. Watch it, just don’t go into it expecting the greatest story ever written or anything

I make trash videos on the worst app https://tiktok.com/@tivvy_
May 12, 2021 3:05 AM
Dec 2020
First two seasons yes
May 22, 2021 6:13 AM
Mar 2021
Yes it's definitely worth watching if u like action anime. The women in this anime.e are really powerful that's why I love it so much!!(:
May 25, 2021 1:18 PM
Feb 2021
Well it's one of the best anime I have watched so I should recomend you that but the animation is little old but the story is osm I think you should watch it and don't forget to watch the ova of 5ep's cause there is a good twist so don't waste time and watch the anime right now ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰
Jun 2, 2021 4:34 PM
Jan 2021
It’s an absolute testosterone bucket, pls watch
Jun 5, 2021 1:04 PM
Jan 2021
Yeshwanth_18 said:
yes especially in dub

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

seita - Aug 23, 2008

132 by Scarface_1 »»
Apr 16, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

djinn_690 - May 25, 2008

141 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

slashed - Feb 27, 2008

164 by ReyanshManta »»
Mar 29, 10:30 AM

» Sub or dub? ( 1 2 )

Headpatts - Oct 17, 2022

50 by Kirino »»
Mar 2, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaRed - Dec 16, 2008

81 by bubba460z »»
Feb 20, 3:05 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.