Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you think Gintama deserves the #1 spot more than Fmab and Aot?
Mar 18, 2021 6:52 PM

Jul 2020
Do you think Gintama deserves the #1 spot more than Fmab and Aot?

It's hard to win an argument against smart people, but impossible to win an argument against dumb ones.
Mar 18, 2021 6:53 PM

Dec 2019
you really hate fmab do ya rofl
Mar 18, 2021 7:05 PM

Dec 2016
I'm from the idea that the #1 should be as representative of the community as possible, something with clear wide appeal, something generally approved by the widest audience as possible. In that sense no, I don't think Gintama is a good candidate for #1 as opposed to FMA:B, since the former only appeals to a certain public and not everyone.
Mar 18, 2021 7:06 PM

Sep 2014
Nah, I'd say Hagane no Renkinjutsushi is more consistent compared to Gintama. The latter is too average overall.
KryzakamiHrybamiMar 18, 2021 7:14 PM
Mar 18, 2021 7:08 PM

Jul 2020
Hrybami said:
Nah, I'd say Hanane no Renkinjutsushi is more consistent compared to Gintama. The latter is too average overall.

Hanane no Renkinjutsushi?

It's hard to win an argument against smart people, but impossible to win an argument against dumb ones.
Mar 18, 2021 7:12 PM

Sep 2014
SmashBlack said:
Hrybami said:
Nah, I'd say Hagane no Renkinjutsushi is more consistent compared to Gintama. The latter is too average overall.

Hanane no Renkinjutsushi?

They like to call it Fullmetal Alchemist in the West.

Edit: Oh I saw my typo. It's haGAne not hanane
Mar 18, 2021 7:20 PM
Apr 2020
Even though I’ma big fan i can’t say that even if we’re debating.

BUT IT CAN BE MUST WATCH.THE TOP RECOMMENDATION TO PEOPLE LOOKING FOR COMEDY.
Mar 18, 2021 7:34 PM
May 2020
Shozaro said:
you really hate fmab do ya rofl
I like this response only because you both rated it the exact same lmao
Mar 18, 2021 7:57 PM
Jul 2020
With out a doubt in my mind, it clears FMAB and AoT in every single aspect.
Mar 18, 2021 9:04 PM
Feb 2021
Definitely.

In my own opinion, AoT is just overrated. FMAB is decent. But Gintama is just something more. It’s just not the type of anime where just keep you hyped with battle scenes.

In Gintama, you get comedies, heartwarming stories, life-changing morals... there is just way too much to be listed out.
Mar 19, 2021 1:11 AM

Aug 2020
Hrybami said:

Just call it fullmetal alchemist brotherhood stop being pretentious
Mar 19, 2021 1:48 AM

Nov 2020
No, i don't think it deserves the #1 spot and neither does FMAB (but it's just my opinion)...
For me AOT is #1...
Mar 19, 2021 7:03 AM
Dec 2017
I couldn't care less at all what show is or isn't ranked so highly same applies for scores and good lord how many threads of this has been made?

Mar 19, 2021 7:05 AM

Mar 2021
No not at all . If anything deserves the first spot , its LOGH . LOGH is miles better than FMAB , AOT and Gintama
Mar 19, 2021 8:00 AM
Feb 2021
Definitely better than AOT (talking about the anime of course), but the FMAB adaption is too good
Mar 19, 2021 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
I prefer Gintama over both but honestly I don't really care who gets the 1# spot, I love all these shows. Plus it's already getting blind hate just by being 5#, I don't want to see how bad things get if it reaches 1#. Either way FMAB and AOT are probably the best shows to represent the anime community.
Mar 19, 2021 11:18 AM
Aug 2020
Yeager_Bomb said:
No not at all . If anything deserves the first spot , its LOGH . LOGH is miles better than FMAB , AOT and Gintama
I really need to get round to watching it. I keep putting it off because it’s so old and quite long, and I have other stuff I want to watch first
Mar 19, 2021 11:24 AM

Sep 2014
Ahaxx said:
Hrybami said:

Just call it fullmetal alchemist brotherhood stop being pretentious

If I wanted to sound pretentious, I'd have called it 鋼の錬金術師.
Mar 19, 2021 1:09 PM
Nov 2020
No, I do think Gintama as a whole is better than the two, but like someone said it doesn’t have the mainstream appeal to back it up. In that sense, I believe steins gate is superior to Aot and Fmab and it has the mainstream appeal to be number 1
Mar 19, 2021 10:47 PM
Oct 2020
Personally I like Gintama better, I mean, it got everything. It has comedy, heartwarming story, cool fights, all of them. Also, a lot of times, the story doesn't play out the cliche way, like there's one arc where there's a mother and a baby that looks like Gintoki and at the end, the bad guy is not really a bad guy after all. But Gintama is something you earn. The visuals get better *after* the first season (especially in Gintama°). Also, in my experience, I have to sit for like 20 episode to fully grasp it's world and it's appeal and it is really really long so it's not as readily accessible as FMA:B so it's understandable why FMA:B this far manage to always ahead of Gintama
Mar 19, 2021 10:54 PM

Nov 2019
ofc, i would say its better than aot and fmab or any anime i have seen for that fact,but its my personal opinion the majority doesnt think that way cause aot and fmab are wayy too mainstream for gintama to even compete heck most of the people criticising gintama havent even seen it in the first place,if any anime deserves to be number 1 it should be something with a really widespread appeal and has a huge fanbase to back it up like steins;gate, aot or fmab
Mar 19, 2021 10:57 PM

Nov 2019
stickfiguresama said:
Personally I like Gintama better, I mean, it got everything. It has comedy, heartwarming story, cool fights, all of them. Also, a lot of times, the story doesn't play out the cliche way, like there's one arc where there's a mother and a baby that looks like Gintoki and at the end, the bad guy is not really a bad guy after all. But Gintama is something you earn. The visuals get better *after* the first season (especially in Gintama°). Also, in my experience, I have to sit for like 20 episode to fully grasp it's world and it's appeal and it is really really long so it's not as readily accessible as FMA:B so it's understandable why FMA:B this far manage to always ahead of Gintama
it also managed to stay ahead because of the bots now i dont wanna start a new convo but im pretty sure 4th season of gintama was in number spot for sometime before it was reduced to lower places,i do love fmab but i dont think gintama can go ahead of fmab considering how massive fmab fanbase is.
Mar 19, 2021 11:00 PM
Jul 2018
Meh, I still dont want long running animes on #1 for some reason. I am not saying I want 12 ep anime but 24 ep will be fine but this doesn't count since I don't have a solid argument nor a reason.
Mar 20, 2021 4:31 AM
Oct 2017
INSTINCT_812 said:
Definitely.

In my own opinion, AoT is just overrated. FMAB is decent. But Gintama is just something more. It’s just not the type of anime where just keep you hyped with battle scenes.

In Gintama, you get comedies, heartwarming stories, life-changing morals... there is just way too much to be listed out.
i would say aot is life chanching, the morals of killing innocent people or not, the racism, the cycle of revenge, these things change a person's life, it has heartwarming moments as well, i would say its perfect in every single way, and i just started gintama and its not that good, the animations has very poorly aged and the only good thing about it is the comedy, even aot's worst moments aren't comparable to gintama, but to each their opinion i guess
Mar 21, 2021 12:14 AM
Mar 2021
Yeah , Gintama is the best
No 1 anime
Mar 21, 2021 8:45 PM
Feb 2021
BloodyTaer said:
INSTINCT_812 said:
Definitely.

i would say aot is life chanching, the morals of killing innocent people or not, the racism, the cycle of revenge, these things change a person's life, it has heartwarming moments as well, i would say its perfect in every single way, and i just started gintama and its not that good, the animations has very poorly aged and the only good thing about it is the comedy, even aot's worst moments aren't comparable to gintama, but to each their opinion i guess

I guess in some way you are right as well though I don’t think AoT is perfect. Everyone has the own preferences so I am not judging your opinion on AoT being a masterpiece. However, I have to agree AoT is an anime I enjoyed throughout this season but it does somehow give a feeling of procrastination in plot. I am not a keen manga reader so I don’t know what’s going on or what will happen but rather than having a long storyline, Gintama’s styles of having short stories is the way to go for me.

I personally favours slice of life anime while I used to enjoy battle and action based ones. Considering Gintama being an anime created 15 years ago, it’s quality is definitely inferior than AoT which was broadcasted roughly around 9 years ago. But then I rewatch Gintama excerpts pretty often and it still gives me goosebumps everytime. This is why Gintama undoubtedly is my personal favourite.
Mar 21, 2021 8:51 PM

Aug 2020
no, monster deserves it, and I haven't even seen him
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Mar 21, 2021 8:54 PM

Jan 2020
For me, yes. But aot and fmab are still amazing so it doesn't matter to me much

Mar 22, 2021 9:43 AM

Jul 2017
irishmonk said:
Meh, I still dont want long running animes on #1 for some reason. I am not saying I want 12 ep anime but 24 ep will be fine but this doesn't count since I don't have a solid argument nor a reason.

Yes, I would love an option to see top "12-episode" anime (and also short anime, they are so underappreciated)
Jan 11, 2023 3:49 AM
Jan 2023
I've seen enough anime now to appreciate what a masterpiece gintama is ..it does stand #1 when it comes to the most unconventional, relatable show . This is the only anime that does such a good job of connecting audience with the character and story. I've laughed and cried the mist while watching this show. By the time you reach Shogun Assassination arc, you'll know how different and surreal this gem of an anime is. Both FMAB and AOT are amazing, but the story seems unrelatable many times. Gintama is perfect depiction of realness ..a perfect blend of every emotion you can think of.
Mar 2, 2023 3:36 PM
Oct 2022
I like gin tama more than fma , but it can go either way . and aot is bellow both of em , in evey possible way
Mar 2, 2023 3:46 PM

Sep 2020
bruh the mods too busy doubling down on my posts smh. How has this post not gotten locked yet?

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Jun 9, 2008

108 by decco6226 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Gintama Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zeinzu-sama - Jun 24, 2008

72 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Gintama Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TechDragon - Aug 12, 2008

70 by Seraschi »»
Yesterday, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

PandaPuff - Sep 10, 2008

163 by Supremestrawhat »»
Yesterday, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 58 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - May 13, 2008

101 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Yesterday, 12:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.