Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
May 29, 2021 2:16 AM
Aug 2020
BlackIsUgly said:
lol S1 is just fuckin' shit happen around Subaru suffering so that why many people like it but actually S1 has no story development, just die, cry, annoying, also S1 rush af on Arc 3, it's stupid season, no plot development. But S2 start go main story, explain about the witch, more new character. So idk why many call S1 > S2 ? Disgusting taste. S1 is garbage while S2 is masterpiece.
When I see a garbage anime , I drop it after first season.
May 31, 2021 7:11 AM
Dec 2019
JeXxTaR said:
AnimeJunki3 said:
,Season 2 has way too many info dumping.

That's because season 1 introduced a lot of questions and didn't answer most of them

Sometimes it's better to leave things mysterious then lore-dump info for everything so far at this or that chapter. This is problem with most LNs - authors feel like they need to explain every cool thing about their words like fantasy word couldn't have myths and secrets. Tolkien didn't put Silmarilion into Lord of the Rings, if he did it would be boring series.
May 31, 2021 8:16 AM
Jul 2020
I didn't really like this season cause of excessive talk no jutsu and at times weak animation in hype moments
May 31, 2021 1:27 PM
Dec 2019
JeXxTaR said:
Bear_from_cave said:

Sometimes it's better to leave things mysterious then lore-dump info for everything so far at this or that chapter. This is problem with most LNs - authors feel like they need to explain every cool thing about their words like fantasy word couldn't have myths and secrets. Tolkien didn't put Silmarilion into Lord of the Rings, if he did it would be boring series.

Yeah, but that's not the case with Re:Zero, even if you find it boring It's completely necessary to progress the plot

That's the problem with LN to anime adaptations - there's a lot reader can forgive the book, especially since it's easy to put it down when bored or even just glaze over boring parts, but talking heads make for atrocious viewing experience.
They still had a lot of fat to cut from the adaptation, if they dared, even if apparently they did cut out plenty. I felt several times watching this season like that: "I've heard similar dialogue before, so could they just skip it and get to good stuff?" For example, someone praising Emilia after she went though her test for yet another time, instead of making her new standing apparent without unnecessary words, just by changing the way people react to her. "Show, don't tell" is attitude I rarely felt when watching this season.
It might feel worse because lack of progress or current plot-relevant mysteries made all the writing faults that were there in previous seasons more standing out and annoying.
Jun 2, 2021 12:52 AM
Jun 2021
2nd season is incredible, flashback with interesting plot, add some new cool character we'll see in future, development character for Emilia with her trial need passing, and face-to-face with her past. And they explain about 7 witch, Subaru choose Beako, and free the Sanctuary. Overall 10/10 for me, so far better than 1st season. So it's not boring if u actually understanding story.

I'll say who people rate this 2nd season below 8 they sure hater, or some stupid kid watch for waifu but not actually for story, or shounen brat like action/fight scene.
Jun 4, 2021 1:33 AM

Jan 2019
The directing was bad (I can't believe is the same director as season 1). So much unnecessary dialogue. At the respective moment, I thought it would mean something but now I barely remember any dialogue compared with season 1. Also, the design downgrade made my experience worse than I thought. I had way too many expectations. Well, I should congratulate Kadokawa for this meh fest... I still can t believe they allocated so little money and staff for a product that brings them the most income. Hail the Kadokawa geniuses.
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Jun 4, 2021 6:49 AM

Aug 2018
I kind of get what you mean but I wouldn't day I loved the fist season
_______I like rocks__
Jun 4, 2021 8:26 AM

Jan 2019
JeXxTaR said:
Emillian said:
The directing was bad (I can't believe is the same director as season 1). So much unnecessary dialogue. At the respective moment, I thought it would mean something but now I barely remember any dialogue compared with season 1. Also, the design downgrade made my experience worse than I thought. I had way too many expectations. Well, I should congratulate Kadokawa for this meh fest... I still can t believe they allocated so little money and staff for a product that brings them the most income. Hail the Kadokawa geniuses.

To me it's the opposite, s2 had better directing than s1 and the dialogue is far more memorable, in fact, it's because of s2 that I decided to read the WN

I dunno, I was so hyped when it started and with every episode I felt even more dissapointed. Probably the pandemic is also at fault but I expected so much more
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Jun 8, 2021 7:19 AM

Oct 2008
It's just you dude, I will admit that spending the entire 2nd season on the sanctuary was lame. However other than that the 2nd season as a whole is as good as the 1st.
Jun 8, 2021 8:24 PM
Mar 2013
I really loved Season 2 Part 1, more than Season 1. But Season 2 Part 2 didn't live up to the others parts for me. I hope I will Season 3 more.
Jun 13, 2021 11:18 PM
Dec 2019
shmoomp said:
i absolutely loved re:zero season 1, so when the 2nd season was beginning to air back last summer i was pretty hyped, but besides episode 4 of season 2 (which imo is the best ep of the series so far), nothing all that interesting has really happened in this season for me. and don't get me wrong, I'm not a crazed emilia hater who hates this season because subaru x emilia is getting legit, it's just been pretty boring to me and i don't care all that much for the new characters and plotlines being set up. the series is still overall good, but idk... I'm hoping this changes soon

agreed, definetely
Apr 18, 8:56 PM
Nov 2020
great opinon!!!!
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 24, 2021

616 by 2772510 »»
Apr 18, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 17, 2021

489 by Salah_og »»
Apr 8, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Best thing about Re:Zero Poll

AshTheChamp - Jan 5

27 by kecri »»
Apr 3, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Jan 13, 2021

621 by haminshamin »»
Apr 3, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2021

276 by TheOtherJN »»
Apr 1, 3:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.