Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 11, 2021 1:47 PM
Nov 2018
Edward and Alphonse most likely die at the end. I don't think I need to explain myself, but the film ends on the two deciding to stay in the real world. That's fine and dandy, but World War II is about to begin, and I'm pretty sure both brothers are on the losing side. Either way they'll either die or become very mortally wounded. I know the film leaves things ambiguous, but I'm sure we can be realistic for a moment. 2003 Elric brothers will most likely die in World War II because they decided to stay in the real world. I don't know if I've ruined this film for you, but I can't look at it the same again.
Jan 11, 2021 6:51 PM
Jan 2021
It's dark, but in my opinion it didn't ruin everything, more like made me think about it and kinda makes this movie better, cause we don't really know what would happen to brothers, but every scenario is tragic. Thats dark and mysterious, personally i love things like that
Feb 23, 2021 11:48 AM

Jan 2021
I like open ended stuff and so its cool. My only problem with the movie is - it was rushed, it it was a part of the series and the 2nd half of the series wasn't rushed, fma 2003 would have become something phenomenal imo.
"Dedication is a Talent all on its own." ~ Alphonse Elric
Apr 7, 2021 9:11 PM
Jul 2010
Very weird movie lol but interesting.
May 17, 2021 11:29 AM

Apr 2019
Yoshistar123 said:
Edward and Alphonse most likely die at the end. I don't think I need to explain myself, but the film ends on the two deciding to stay in the real world. That's fine and dandy, but World War II is about to begin, and I'm pretty sure both brothers are on the losing side. Either way they'll either die or become very mortally wounded. I know the film leaves things ambiguous, but I'm sure we can be realistic for a moment. 2003 Elric brothers will most likely die in World War II because they decided to stay in the real world. I don't know if I've ruined this film for you, but I can't look at it the same again.

The uprising that would have led to Hitler being in power and WW2 starting was literally thwarted in the movie...
May 17, 2021 11:31 AM
Nov 2018
lanadelslay said:
Yoshistar123 said:

The uprising that would have led to Hitler being in power and WW2 starting was literally thwarted in the movie...

I used to study History a few years back, and that happened. Take a search and type in "Munich Putch", and hopefully you'll get the results I'm speaking of. If I recall correctly, Hitler later used his years in prison to write Mein Kampf and gain popularity.
Aug 2, 2021 1:37 PM
Nov 2020
Yoshistar123 said:

elenaggAug 2, 2021 1:40 PM
Aug 2, 2021 1:39 PM
Nov 2018
elenagg said:
Yoshistar123 said:

<spoiler>In the OAV, we can see Ed's grandchildrens, and one of them is a girl who looks like Winry. So, i would assume that Noah died during the Holocaust, and after years Ed met Winry's doppelganger and married her.</spoiler>

That's really interesting, actually. I feel like it could've been in the film, though. I remember being slightly dissapointed with the film's ending back then, and that could've totally helped make it satisfying.
Aug 2, 2021 1:48 PM
Nov 2020
Yoshistar123 said:
elenagg said:

<spoiler>In the OAV, we can see Ed's grandchildrens, and one of them is a girl who looks like Winry. So, i would assume that Noah died during the Holocaust, and after years Ed met Winry's doppelganger and married her.</spoiler>

That's really interesting, actually. I feel like it could've been in the film, though. I remember being slightly dissapointed with the film's ending back then, and that could've totally helped make it satisfying.

https://youtu.be/UK7NiQh-Hek
You're welcome ^^
Dec 27, 2021 1:23 AM
Jul 2018
All of the romani people who appears in this Movie most probably were killed in the holocaust
Sep 23, 2022 2:33 AM

Apr 2020
lanadelslay said:

WW2 happened for multiple reasons...

1. Because of the US, the Krach of 1929 in Wall Street, a global crisis ensued and fascism grew all over Europe and S.A., even if Hitler is dead fascism won't stop existing, during that same time period and for the same reason, Mussolini in Italy took the powers, and Spain (Franco) and Russia (Stalin) are fascist too. Every countries shut down on themselves because of the US closing its international market (which really damaged German economy, more than France) and this led to a rise of racism, xenophobia, antisemitism in all of those countries (racism in the US, antisemitism in Europe)
2. The treaty of Versaille is still going strong, they clearly say it in the movie, even the German mark is worth nothing compared to the French franc, the German economy is in a very bad state and the citizens are not happy

Even if Hitler is dead, the situation hasn't changed, the criterias that led us to WW2 are still there, inevitably at some point there will be consequences
I don't know how signatures work

Mar 21, 7:26 AM

Oct 2019
Since hitler is out of the picture now, we can't really be sure wwII even happens.

sure, all signs point at there being a war anyway, but its result or scale are very likely to not be the exact same.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shambala Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kotori - Jul 6, 2008

137 by il887 »»
May 15, 2023 2:22 PM

» Fullmetal Alchemist Movie to Premiere on Toonami December 2013

YourAnimeGuy - Nov 15, 2013

5 by Mystogan14579 »»
May 19, 2021 6:25 PM

» FMA Movie: The Conqueror of Shambala

StabbyPWNS - Jun 23, 2008

20 by Tannerlaramore »»
Jan 6, 2018 4:49 AM

» Alchemy is possible in the other side of the gate, aka Earth.

SwiftKilla - Feb 11, 2014

0 by SwiftKilla »»
Feb 11, 2014 3:37 AM

» Fullmetal Alchemist Movie to Premiere on Toonami December 2013

YourAnimeGuy - Nov 15, 2013

0 by YourAnimeGuy »»
Nov 15, 2013 8:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.