Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 9, 2020 9:47 AM
Nov 2020
The time travel concept is different from other movies like harry potter,Avengers and predestination where if you travel to past the "past you" will not get overlapped(i.e there will be two of you in the past) instead yo travel to the past of yourself so there will always be only one of you at a particular time. So when is chiaki from even if chiaki decides to go back to future the past chiaki should be there at the hgh school with makoto instead of disappearing like he said he would?
Dec 27, 2020 12:33 AM
Dec 2020
It's hard to say really because the advanced time leaping technology and the fact that he mentions he's from a time where there was a lot of destruction that had taken place (he said he's never seen a river running on the surface before etc) makes me think he's from roughly 100 years into the future, but at the end when he tells Makoto that he'll be waiting for her in the future makes me think it's might be something like 30 years into the future (but then again he might just leap into the past which is Makoto's future). Its really hard to say with any accuracy because there simply isn't enough evidence to prove or disprove any specific time period, but I hope my answer helps you a bit.
Jul 17, 2022 3:28 PM

Mar 2016
Chiaki came from several thousands of years in the future.

There is no way Makoto and Chiaki will ever get reunited though that is why the ending is so bittersweet. The destruction of most natural phenomena and objects would take at least hundreds of years if humanity is actively trying to fuck the world up. And the advancement of time manipulation devices would require humanity to first produce an immensely powerful energy source in the first place, something the like of an antimatter reactor or biological ATP redirection for a biological battery. Either way, it would be at least hundreds of years to thousands of years in the future.
Aug 1, 2022 12:31 AM

Nov 2020
Maybe a post-nuclear apocalypse future, he said that he never see a blue sky + he never played baseball

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo Discussion (GO WATCH THIS) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Faust721 - May 11, 2007

502 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 24, 9:59 AM

» plot hole

Algazero - Nov 10, 2010

18 by Khashishi »»
Apr 10, 2023 11:15 PM

» The Painting

itz_lelouch - Mar 12, 2023

5 by waalex11 »»
Apr 1, 2023 4:42 AM

» Awkward/Funny Scene

Rand_al-Thorfinn - Aug 26, 2022

5 by omen- »»
Sep 13, 2022 4:19 AM

» Makoto = the aunt? ( 1 2 )

Zenoxio - Sep 23, 2008

57 by removed-user »»
Aug 9, 2021 8:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.