Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 28, 2020 4:47 PM
Jul 2019
For anyone coming to discover the amazing manga called "Boy meets Maria" or wanting to hear more news about the author future developments i bring to y'all some sad news about its creator, "PEYO". Sadly he passed away in august 19 (2020) at the age of 23. The family preferred to maintain the reason of death undisclosed (the post, before editing said suicide, which enwhere at the end false).....nontheless, i needed to inform everyone because of the emptyness in the news tab in the description of the manga. i hope we all can enjoy his amazing creations, remembering him while reading every page. I wish that everyone reading this is safe in this hard times (Covid). (Sorry if i misspelled something, english is not my first language)
Fedran_1Dec 29, 2021 11:04 PM
Oct 3, 2020 3:59 AM

Oct 2012
Heya, Fedran! I deeply appreciate your kindness... I'd never know about this if you didn't post this. According to most sources, there's no clear information about what happened, tough.

I hope everyone is doing well too. The manga was recently licensed in Spain and it looks like, once again, it's not a very popular one out there, so... I hope his family and friends are doing well. I'm sure he will stay in many hearts forever.

Good luck and please stay safe, y'all!

May 8, 2021 9:12 PM

Jan 2021
It wasn't suicide don't spread false information!
May 24, 2021 9:43 AM
Apr 2020
Thochu said:

whats is it so?KOMAKAI
May 25, 2021 7:35 AM

Jan 2021
Armit4ge said:

whats is it so?KOMAKAI

She was sick then died
Aug 2, 2021 3:31 PM
Jan 2021
is it cannon that Arima and Taiga end up together? Or is it just cannon they have feelings for each other?
Oct 10, 2021 11:32 AM

Jun 2007
Thochu said:
Armit4ge said:

whats is it so?KOMAKAI

She was sick then died

It's a "he" and also I believe the cause of death is undisclosed: "The editorial department for Kodansha's Monthly Shonen Magazine announced on Saturday that manga creator Kōsei Eguchi passed away on August 19. Eguchi was 23.
The statement said that Eguchi was hospitalized with an emergency on August 17, and passed away two days later. The statement did not give a cause of death."
see you, space cowperson . . .
Oct 10, 2021 12:13 PM

Nov 2011
The most plausible reason seem to be overwork. While people in the west read manga for free on pirate sites, the actual authors will sacrifice their physical and mental health just to keep their manga going, to the point where they need to be hospitalized, and some, such as this author, will unfortunately pass away.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Oct 13, 2021 12:06 AM

Jan 2021
Sorvarin said:
Thochu said:

She was sick then died

It's a "he" and also I believe the cause of death is undisclosed: "The editorial department for Kodansha's Monthly Shonen Magazine announced on Saturday that manga creator Kōsei Eguchi passed away on August 19. Eguchi was 23.
The statement said that Eguchi was hospitalized with an emergency on August 17, and passed away two days later. The statement did not give a cause of death."

Thanks for clearing up!
Oct 13, 2021 5:05 AM

Jun 2007
Thochu said:
Thanks for clearing up!

you are welcome though i haven't cleared up much i guess we can only make guesses..
see you, space cowperson . . .
Oct 13, 2021 5:55 AM

Jan 2021
Sorvarin said:
Thochu said:
Thanks for clearing up!

you are welcome though i haven't cleared up much i guess we can only make guesses..

Yes you’re right, I can’t understand Japanese that well right now so it was hard to grasp what happened
Dec 29, 2021 10:57 PM
Jul 2019
Thochu said:
Thanks for correcting the error in my post, I don't remember where I got that fake info from but nonetheless, thanks.
Dec 30, 2021 3:25 AM

Jan 2021
Fedran_1 said:
Thochu said:
Thanks for correcting the error in my post, I don't remember where I got that fake info from but nonetheless, thanks.

No problem! Have a good day :)
Jun 28, 2023 4:32 PM
Jun 2022
groovyines said:
is it cannon that Arima and Taiga end up together? Or is it just cannon they have feelings for each other?

At the end Arima said to Taiga’s dad that Taiga could have a boyfriend, which could imply that they are we’re gonna make it official And in the copy I read there was a [what ever the opposite of a prologue is] where we could see the two on a date.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boy Meets Maria Chapter 7 Discussion

NextUniverse - Jan 8, 2022

1 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 2, 8:29 AM

Poll: » Boy Meets Maria Chapter 6 Discussion

1 by SnowYeti22 »»
Jun 28, 2023 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boy Meets Maria Chapter 4 Discussion

4 by SnowYeti22 »»
Jun 28, 2023 4:38 PM

Poll: » Boy Meets Maria Chapter 3 Discussion

1 by X_Lynn_X »»
Apr 2, 2023 11:28 AM

Poll: » Boy Meets Maria Chapter 5 Discussion

0 by NextUniverse »»
Jan 8, 2022 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.