Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 16, 2020 7:51 AM
Jan 2008
Seriously... I want to take some time to ogle at the animation, but I find myself “fighting ads” all because I’m constantly clicking the video player for the Pause and Resume features so I can read all the exposition going on every few episodes (and, for the first 5-7 episodes, it’s almost ALL exposition...).

If I’ve learned anything about the Chinese language: for whatever reason, short/brief stuff/phrases like ‘affirmations’ are way longer than they need to be (compared to English AND Japanese) - resulting in a relaxing experience for me as I ‘simply digest the words “yes” or “no” from 3-5 words - but long & complex statements are practically ‘over in an instant’ (like, 4 words uttered, instantly, whilst I read the English equivalent of 10 words)... Sooo frustrating!

SOME DAY, we’ll get Chinese Dubs just like in anime! ... Some day... ;-; (Actually, not gonna hold my breath on this one). Till then, I guess I’ll just take my poor eyesight and slow brain and just read the novels... *sobs*

Seriously: anyone else having this issue? Anyone at all?... I haven’t seen anyone else complain/“whinge” about this—I’m probably just too old for this stuff. How did you guys fair?
And, on a separate note: how long do you think till big Chinese animation-productions like Douluo Dalu get the “dubbed” treatment from the west? (Hmm, could they possibly do so on their own initiative, even?)
Feb 8, 2020 5:27 AM
Feb 2020
I get you. Hope is the only path forward... in time you get better. I mean I'm greak so I've been reading subtitles since forever.
It can only get better right??
Don't give up on chinese animes :'(

PS objectively speaking chinese is one of the fastest languages i've ever come across...
Feb 10, 2020 4:31 AM
Jan 2008
fnifnifni said:
I get you. Hope is the only path forward... in time you get better. I mean I'm greak so I've been reading subtitles since forever.

PS objectively speaking chinese is one of the fastest languages i've ever come across...

Yeah? That makes sense... It felt slower in the smallest of phrases, but then sped up right through long-winded sentences like no language I’d ever seen before!

Well, whilst I’m sure I’ll eventually improve in my subtitle-reading and get through this series, I still have my ‘fingers crossed’ for an English dub - which, honestly, would also have to be easier to read Subtitled than Chinese >_> (Though I do feel bad for other languages that would probably find themselves watching the English Dub ‘Subtitled’ just to slow down the text—though, an actual damn solution would be for the subtitle group to just hold the subtitles onscreen for as long as possible in the first place.... Sighs)

Welp, don’t see any dubbed happening anyways in the near future. Just gotta power through - and pause a ton for now. ;-; Aha

Thanks for the reply!
Feb 10, 2020 12:38 PM
Feb 2020
YayaBunWa said:
fnifnifni said:

Yeah? That makes sense... It felt slower in the smallest of phrases, but then sped up right through long-winded sentences like no language I’d ever seen before!

Well, whilst I’m sure I’ll eventually improve in my subtitle-reading and get through this series, I still have my ‘fingers crossed’ for an English dub - which, honestly, would also have to be easier to read Subtitled than Chinese >_> (Though I do feel bad for other languages that would probably find themselves watching the English Dub ‘Subtitled’ just to slow down the text—though, an actual damn solution would be for the subtitle group to just hold the subtitles onscreen for as long as possible in the first place.... Sighs)

Welp, don’t see any dubbed happening anyways in the near future. Just gotta power through - and pause a ton for now. ;-; Aha

Thanks for the reply!

Just to be clear I may be greek but the only reason i am even able to watch anime is because I know english, there are almost no anime translated in greek, neither sub nor dub. (I believe bakugan was dubbed though or at least a portion of it only because of the hype of it's merchandise)
Αnyhow, I actually usually preffer the subtitled versions since the dubbed ones are usually not given the proper amount of attention and they tend to be inferior to the subbed. In addition I strongly recommend the subbed versions also in honor of the chinese/japanese/corean voice actors since more often than not they are more talented than we give them credit for. All these are just my opinion though.
(I mean there was a case one time (that i know of) that the actor behind the character was of the oposite sex and i don't think many people knew before actually going through the cast.)

If i'm to refer to the particular donghua i do believe they could in fact lower the speed of removal of the subtitles as you said (my english is not perfect live with it (i don't know what but something doesn't feel right about this sentence if it's correct I'm sorry for the aggressiveness I've had a long day)) but I will insist, if you keep on watching with the subtitles you will at some point get used to it it's not as big of a deal as you think it's all about patience and the overall result of experiencing the enimes in their original form, I believe, is worth the effort.

PS About what you're saying for the smaller phrases being longer when subbed I don't wanna blame the sub-makers ( :') ) but there may be some fault in them if that in fact does happen. I don't know though and i would like to accentuate this is just a baseless accusation but that's what my gut is telling me.
fnifnifniFeb 10, 2020 12:43 PM
May 14, 2020 6:39 PM
Jun 2016
Where are you finding this to watch with English subtitles? I am in the US and haven't been able to find it to watch anywhere.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Douluo Dalu Episode 15 Discussion

Darklight0303 - Apr 28, 2018

4 by Northstar01 »»
Apr 29, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Douluo Dalu Episode 7 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Jan 30, 2019

5 by Northstar01 »»
Apr 29, 8:49 AM

» How much does the 2021 cdrama cover?

Aurelianos - Oct 22, 2021

2 by FiflyAnimeLover »»
Feb 4, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Douluo Dalu Episode 26 Discussion

Hancock23 - Oct 6, 2019

4 by goingtoprofandy »»
Jan 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Douluo Dalu Episode 2 Discussion

Hancock23 - Oct 4, 2019

2 by daddy7860 »»
Sep 10, 2023 3:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.